Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ruststorm
Top Rater
Pet Score:5021
Realm:Nagrand-eu
BMAH TCG pets & "caging"

Post by Ruststorm » July 23rd, 2013, 2:42 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been wondering since quite a while whether you can cage a bought BMAH pet once you've purchased it? :)

Anyone got any experience with that? Please let me know :)

-- RustStorm

PS. no, i won't be reselling, i just wondered :) (collecting them myself of course <3)

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Re: BMAH TCG pets & "caging"

Post by Opallena » July 23rd, 2013, 3:26 pm

Yes you can; I've bout a spare bananas before and caged it for trade. The fact it came from the BMAH doesn't matter.

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » July 23rd, 2013, 3:33 pm

Opallena wrote:Yes you can; I've bout a spare bananas before and caged it for trade. The fact it came from the BMAH doesn't matter.
Thought so :) Good to know :) Placed a bid on a pet to figure out myself in case no-one knew :)

Cheers for the answer!

update: crap :( i lost because the auction ended earlier than what should've been.. (3 minutes) 33k was winning bid for the Dragon Kite :| /sigh

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 24th, 2013, 12:00 am

Unless someone really wanted it for themselves, expect to see it on the AH for 150K. lol

Of course, that can backfire too. Someone outbid me at 45K for the Bananas the first time it came up. He tried to flip it on the AH. Anouther came up the next week and I got it for 18K. The guy selling the first one... he was eventually trying to sell it for 33K to get money back. lol

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » July 24th, 2013, 12:09 am

The good thing about my server so far is that i've yet to see any of the TCG pets on the regular AH. So, I guess, so far the ppl buying the pets on the BMAH keep them :)

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 24th, 2013, 1:19 am

Ruststorm wrote:The good thing about my server so far is that i've yet to see any of the TCG pets on the regular AH. So, I guess, so far the ppl buying the pets on the BMAH keep them :)
Or transfer them to different servers where they can sell more gold for real life money.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 24th, 2013, 9:15 am

Yep, that is what I have been doing for a few months. Buy them cheap on my low population BMAH, then sell them on a high population server for double, and then use that gold to buy other things I need from their AH which never show up on my AH. Bananas and Rocket Chicken seem to show up on my BMAH very frequently, and the Dragon Kite I have won twice already. TCG pets never show up on my normal AH, and if I put one there, it would never sell.

Ruststorm
Top Rater

Post by Ruststorm » July 24th, 2013, 9:41 am

Never dared doing that, as i'm "afraid" to loose the gold spent :) oh well, first i will have to hunt the pets in BMAH again... then decide to bid or not :)

Thanks for the answers tho ;)

Rosalyne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5903
BattleTag®:Rosalyne#1595
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Rosalyne » July 24th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Kring wrote:
Ruststorm wrote:The good thing about my server so far is that i've yet to see any of the TCG pets on the regular AH. So, I guess, so far the ppl buying the pets on the BMAH keep them :)
Or transfer them to different servers where they can sell more gold for real life money.
Or buy them and trade them here for other pets. I got a few non-TCG pets I needed for the Hippogryph I won on BMAH a couple weeks ago.