Grumpy pvp battler

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us
Grumpy pvp battler

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 19th, 2013, 5:57 pm

Nobody likes whiners ..I get it... but I'd love to know if others here have the same beef I do:

3 days of pet pvp .. I had a pretty high win % so not a lot of time lost

92 wins later (you folks know this takes a lot of time) and my total rewards are :
5 green 'go polish your dirty sneakers' worthless stones to many of us
1 elemental stone (win # 89)
bunch of lesser charms (proud owner of 2600+ of these wonderful things now)

If blizzard wants to make pet pvp viable longterm we need better rewards ...
how about a brawler bag every 20 or 25 wins and make it a daily quest!

BTW I got no character xp -it was on a lvl 90 character

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Re: Grumpy pvp battler

Post by Iamwhatis » July 19th, 2013, 7:42 pm

My guess is that anyone who likes/does pvp pet battles would like more stuff. I like a new unique pet for every 250 wins.

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » July 19th, 2013, 8:18 pm

I dont really mind the rewards, since its supposed to be for people that enjoys it, so i feel that anything i get is a bonus on my way to my achievement points :)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » July 19th, 2013, 10:27 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote: If blizzard wants to make pet pvp viable longterm we need better rewards ...
Yes, I totally agree. 250 wins has a great reward, and 10 wins per week has a decent reward. After that, it's just pitiful.

Tamers give a bag plus a large chunk of XP for one fight (that is also typically much easier than a PvP match). But tamers are very boring after you've beaten them a few times, and the travel time compounds the problem. PvP is much more fun, but if you want to grind out pet levels and battlestones, you have to do the tamers. If they want to keep people engaged in pet battles, they really need to think about allowing people to progress their pet collection by choosing either tamers or PvP as a viable route.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » July 20th, 2013, 7:50 am

the worst of all is the 5k archivement cause you get for it:

wait for it!

NOTHING! ZERO! NADA
1k is at least worth a title but 5k is worth nothing?...

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » July 20th, 2013, 8:40 am

You are certainly right that they need to make a pvp daily. One weekly just doesn't cut it! I also wish they would make other ways to obtain the pet treat besides the weekly.

Madsen
Pet Score:2729
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Madsen » July 20th, 2013, 9:08 am

You can buy pet treats (and bandages, woo!) for the celestial currency you'll use to buy pets in 5.4

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » July 20th, 2013, 9:25 am

comments made on this threat made me wonder how many people have all pets max (25) and rare quality .... i do the pet battles (pvp) only because of the 5k achievement and the points i get from it (and 1k+title is on the way to 5, so will get that as well) and have no interest in the stones or treats as i dont need either of those.

Before people say to 'hoard' the treats (or even stones) for the next patch(es) ... leveling 20ish pets (in 5.4) will hardly take any time, even with/without the boosts when u fight pandaria tamers.

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » July 20th, 2013, 11:35 am

Elmarc wrote:comments made on this threat made me wonder how many people have all pets max (25) and rare quality .... i do the pet battles (pvp) only because of the 5k achievement and the points i get from it (and 1k+title is on the way to 5, so will get that as well) and have no interest in the stones or treats as i dont need either of those.

Before people say to 'hoard' the treats (or even stones) for the next patch(es) ... leveling 20ish pets (in 5.4) will hardly take any time, even with/without the boosts when u fight pandaria tamers.
I am not sure what other types of rewards they could give. They kind of need them to remain pet battle oriented. I for one technically don't need the treats or stones either, but I use them to level duplicate pets in order to sell them. I do however realize that most people probably aren't as much of a completionist as I am, so I am sure they could use the rewards to level their collection.

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 20th, 2013, 3:56 pm

I didn't even realize you could get other stones besides the uncommon boosters from PvP battles. Even then I've only gotten 3 of them after 150 battles.

Saa
Pet Score:2681
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Saa » July 20th, 2013, 4:01 pm

Worgenbait wrote:I didn't even realize you could get other stones besides the uncommon boosters from PvP battles. Even then I've only gotten 3 of them after 150 battles.

Yup, keep at it, my luckiest find was a flawless stone from some random that left the second he saw i was rocking my switch team.

Saa

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » July 20th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Saa wrote:
Worgenbait wrote:I didn't even realize you could get other stones besides the uncommon boosters from PvP battles. Even then I've only gotten 3 of them after 150 battles.

Yup, keep at it, my luckiest find was a flawless stone from some random that left the second he saw i was rocking my switch team.

Saa
Yeah, with the number of battlers who bail as soon as they see me, I would love to get a flawless for a 3 second bail job. lol

Awq
Realm:Shattered Halls-eu

Post by Awq » July 20th, 2013, 9:28 pm

I would love to see a reward for the 1000+ PvP wins achievements. I would love a lot of pet treats (10-25) as reward.
Pet treats are a physical reward for people who go for it, while they do not provide anything unique (250 pet battles is a chore for some).

Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Slab » July 21st, 2013, 7:32 am

The problem is that exactly .. a lot of us are only doing the PVP to get to the pet. We're completionists. We only are doing it to get the pet. Hence, punks like Saa make their comments. So now let's flip it to the alternative ... can you imagine if there was a reward that was level appropriate for 5k wins? If it was even vaguely worth it (read in: another pet), then the people who say that they want to earn every pet would now be "obligated" to do it, and those of us who dislike the PVP would have a much steeper hill to climb and a LOT more complaining to do on the way up.

Iamwhatwas
Pet Score:2816
Realm:Ravenholdt-us

Post by Iamwhatwas » July 21st, 2013, 12:09 pm

I love PVP for PVP sake. I love rewards. I love new pets. I'd love to have more of all of them. Not in appropriate but what's wrong with a new pet for every 250 wins. If you love pvp one of the things you want are new pets for new teams.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » July 21st, 2013, 7:06 pm

I started this thread because I love all aspects of the WOW pet world. Longbefore getting into pet pvp I had a plan to build up a strong stable of the best pets to battle with and I enjoy pvp a lot for the dynamic aspects and strategy ...I disagree with some people who claim it's 85%luck ... so often a win hinges on whether or not you resist swapping and get in the extra attack.

I love the collecting aspect, trading and connecting with people from this site etc.

I simply think that if Blizzard offers rewards for any aspect of the game then they can easily
be " weighted" according to the time and effort involved in completing the challenge.

I love the pet 50% bonus Xp treat and would LOVE to see a change whereby you could exchange
50 or 100 lesser charms for a petXP treat to faster level

Kyozu
Top Rater
Pet Score:11184
BattleTag®:Yozora#2217
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Kyozu » July 21st, 2013, 7:13 pm

I enjoy PvP, I also enjoy rewards!
I think they should just change the weekly PvP quest to a daily one. But I'm not exactly unhappy with how it is now anyway, I just like getting more rewards :p

More ways to spend charms would be cool. Like buying treats or even stones (for a high price)

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 22nd, 2013, 1:30 am

Saa wrote:

Saa
haha, that is too funny. Just tonight, I received my first blue stone from pvp.. and it was the same thing.. someone that fled at the very beginning. I was sure that because they removed EXP from fights that lasted less than a minute, that they would also remove the chance to get stones. I am selling it on the AH as we speak.

As to the OP, I am in the same boat.. I really like to accomplish two things at the same time if I can. To me, the 250 wins acheive was terrible because there is nothing else you are accomplishing while doing it. You aren´t leveling pets, you aren´t going to get any real amount of stones ( compared to what I get doing dailies). The only thing I found useful is this past week I´ve leveled two level 89s ( I don´t like Dread Wastes quests).

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » July 22nd, 2013, 3:05 am

Yellowlab wrote:I am not sure what other types of rewards they could give. They kind of need them to remain pet battle oriented.
Just replace the green PvP stone to instantly award a pet 10 level instead of boosting it to green.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » July 23rd, 2013, 10:56 am

Pvp battles have lost some (a lot) of their appeal for the simple fact that I don't enjoy having to face the same 2 or 3 teams over and over. People who say they enjoy pet battles, and yet refuse to come up with different, original teams and merely rely on FOTM / OP pets are just hypocrites and make boring opponents.