Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ryken
Top Rater
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Stormrage-us
Faction pet changes in MoP

Post by Ryken » September 22nd, 2012, 1:52 am

Hey all,

Just a friendly reminder that faction pets will show up in your journal and as collected since the latest patch.

So be sure to make an opposite-factioned toon and do the quest for the Horde/Alliance Balloon and the Argent Gruntling/Squire.

Also, at the moment, the opposite factions guild page and guild squire do not show up as collected in the journal if you have them, but will show up as collected if you log on the opposite faction.

Furthermore, the opposite faction's Moonkin Hatchling shows up as collected.

Happy collecting in MoP! :D

Ryken
Top Rater
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Faction pet changes in MoP

Post by Ryken » September 22nd, 2012, 7:24 am

Just a quick addition, all these pets, including the opposite faction guild page/herald count towards the Unique pet collection achievement. The number will be displayed in your achievements, but the number will not in your statistics.

Post by Guest » September 22nd, 2012, 10:47 pm

It's true and it works well :D It's a great way to up your unique pet total! I'm currently trying to get the Gruntling on my Horde alt, sadly won't get it before Mop though. :?

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » September 24th, 2012, 9:35 am

Wondering how the Guild Heralds work. I have the guild heralds on my Ally toon but haven't looked on my Horde alt yet. Are the separate or is it just a different model pet when you summon it. Human herald for Ally and Orc for Horde.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » September 24th, 2012, 10:59 am

You'll only have the Horde one if you earned it on the Horde side. It doesn't "convert" if you only have the Alliance one.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…