Color Changing Cats

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hiffwe
Pet Score:3121
Realm:Stormreaver-us
Color Changing Cats

Post by Hiffwe » July 8th, 2013, 8:59 pm

I'm a little late to the party on this whole color changing pets thing, and I really hope I didn't miss out completely. I understand both sides to the whole controversy over them (Unique skins that you want to stay the way they are, vs random skins for funsies), and don't wish to delve into that. What I do want to know is if it's still possible to get a color changing Cat, and if so, how best to get one.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Color Changing Cats

Post by Quintessence » July 9th, 2013, 1:47 am

As far as I know, there isn't a color changing cat. Capturing a wild pet preserves whatever look they have at the moment of capture, and I don't think there's ever been a non-wild cat pet that changes skins. Sorry :(
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Color Changing Cats

Post by Peanutty » July 9th, 2013, 2:34 am

At one point (pre 5.1 maybe?) some pets with multiple skins would change color if they caught as secondaries. After 5.1 or maybe 5.2 that was changed so that the colors would stay consistent - what you caught was what you got. Any color changers from before were supposed to be stabilized as well, though there have been reports of a few glitched pets that didn't keep the right color upon tame (I had a beetle of some sort do that, it didn't change color, it just tamed as a different color).