pet achievements added to pet score

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Zeolite
Pet Score:2240
Realm:Gorgonnash-us
pet achievements added to pet score

Post by Zeolite » July 3rd, 2013, 12:54 pm

I am relatively new to the site and have been collecting for about 3 months or so now.

I'm suggesting adding the Warcraft pet achievements to the pet score. This can be as simple as adding the corresponding achievement points to the score or however else the web-masters want to calculate it.

I think this should be considered because right now, the score only takes into account the collection - not necessarily the effort. If someone only has 100 pets but has won 1,000 pet PvP battles, I believe that it should be taken into consideration into the score (achievement of the amount of pet battles won completed and added to the pet score (10 points)).

Just a suggestion.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Re: pet achievements added to pet score

Post by Drudatz » August 10th, 2013, 6:13 pm

yes it should! *bump*

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » September 10th, 2013, 3:05 am

I actually wonder if this could be a way to satisfy another thread I just read about how pet level affects the score.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=4&t=4995

They are suggesting a bonus be added for leveling pets to 25 since it takes much more effort to level a pet from 24-25 than it does to level a pet from 1-2. The current system dosn't factor in that extra effort.

The problem brought up by site officers, though, is that this site was created with the emphasis on collecting, not battling, and they would prefer to keep that emphasis.

Using the achievement system, though, could potentially give both collecting and battling equal sway without the potential for abuse on either side.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » September 10th, 2013, 8:38 pm

An interesting idea. No promises, but we'll ponder this and see if something might work.