Molten Hatchling - S/S or P/S?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ziarre
Realm:Suramar-us
Molten Hatchling - S/S or P/S?

Post by Ziarre » December 31st, 2012, 11:44 am

I've captured a breedid 15 Molten, and I'm wondering if I should keep going for a 18 or if I should call it good. I'm not too concerned about rarity since I can eventually nab a Beast Battle-Stone.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Re: Molten Hatchling - S/S or P/S?

Post by Zaelo » December 31st, 2012, 1:45 pm

From what I understand, battle stones may change your pet's Breed ID, so don't count on that too much.
Better off farming the rare.

Also I think both breeds are good for this pet, but I'd probably go with more speed personally, since sometimes getting your heal in before you get attacked will save you for many more turns.

Suspiro
Top Rater
Pet Score:4140
BattleTag®:Loni#1589
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Suspiro » December 31st, 2012, 2:18 pm

Zaelo wrote:From what I understand, battle stones may change your pet's Breed ID, so don't count on that too much.
Better off farming the rare.
Based on several experiences mentioned on this forum and my own personal experiences, I think type specific battle-stones are safe to use without resulting in a breed change. I have not had any opportunity to use a universal battle-stone though, so I can make no comment on that.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » December 31st, 2012, 2:23 pm

Ooh look at that, hadnt read the full post and didnt realize it was just the flawless ones
Good to know!

Ziarre
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Ziarre » December 31st, 2012, 4:42 pm

Yeah, once we've got a bit more info I'll probably edit the title of my other thread to reflect that it seems to just be the non-specific stones that do it.

Amaryss
Pet Score:1652
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Amaryss » January 3rd, 2013, 12:13 am

I used a general stone on my S/S fluxfire and it didn't change her breed ID.

Ger
Pet Score:1985
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Ger » January 3rd, 2013, 12:30 pm

Ditto that a specific Beast Stone did not change my breed, but as much as I love my Brimstone, she sure seems to die pretty easy. She is Breed 15.

Zaelo

Post by Zaelo » January 3rd, 2013, 12:36 pm

Ger wrote:Ditto that a specific Beast Stone did not change my breed, but as much as I love my Brimstone, she sure seems to die pretty easy. She is Breed 15.
Brimstone is your Molten Hatchling I assume?
And is she level 20+ yet?
If so, hope you're using Cauterize, Brittle Webbing and Life Leech?
She has quite awesome survivability with these abilities, as long as you don't use her against mechanicals or pets with very high damage output like the Fel Flame and such

Ger
Pet Score:1985
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Ger » January 3rd, 2013, 4:58 pm

Yeah, Brimstone is my Molten Hatchling. She's only 18 but I haven't switched to Cauterize just yet... D'oh. I'll try that tonight and maybe things will go better. I liked that Sticky Web caused Leech to double the healing and does higher damage on critters so I forgot to even check my second option for Cauterize. The only times she "really" has problems are with grandmaster battle trainer dailies (which I just started yesterday)... she tends to die pretty suddenly from their hard hitting attacks. Luckily Anubasith is very hard to kill.

I'm leveling Anubasith Idol, Clockwork Gnome and Molten Hatchling as my main team and then will use them to help other pets level. I'm going to look at my pets again and see if there are better options for a main levelling team.

Naymare

Post by Naymare » June 23rd, 2013, 7:04 pm

Hey :3 i just got a breed 15 Molten Hatchling, but i want to know if i should keep going for the P/S one or just level the S/S?
Thx ^^

Chimonks
Pet Score:2869
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Chimonks » June 24th, 2013, 5:46 pm

I didn't know we practiced necromancy in these forums!

Jokes aside, you want the S/S breed (or breed 15). It's crucial to have the initiative when using cauterize which you should because it's awesome. Considering you heal for a flat amount and 50% of the last hit you took, if you're not going first it's very difficult to know how to maximize that portion of the heal.

That and just because speed kills, almost always.