LvL alts with pet battles help pls

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mushka
Top Rater
Pet Score:2899
BattleTag®:lanchop#1286
Realm:Quel'dorei-us
LvL alts with pet battles help pls

Post by Mushka » June 19th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Hi ppls, i was lvling alts with pet battles in the shrine area against all the water types there. seems like they changed it so much that its not really that viable any more. Does anyone have any suggestions on new places i can try thats safe for lvl 1 toons? looking for a zone with lvl 25 pets to battle against, dosent matter where i can get a fren to rocket me there

Ehache
Pet Score:3614
Realm:Ravenholdt-us

Re: LvL alts with pet battles help pls

Post by Ehache » June 19th, 2013, 4:42 pm

If you feel comfortable with PVP Pet Battles, I'd try that, I recently created a warrior, a class I was never able to level. I plopped him in Org next to the AH and just started Queuing for Pet PVP. Leveled him from 1 to 75 in 3 weeks to very casual playing. Sadly the "no XP from forfiets" hotfix really nerfed the leveling speed, but I still do it. I just can't level ANOTHER toon the traditional way.

Mushka
Top Rater

Post by Mushka » June 19th, 2013, 4:48 pm

sounds like something i can try, i never been too good with the pvp battles tho. are there a lot of forfeits? if there is it might not be worth the time

Ehache

Post by Ehache » June 19th, 2013, 4:59 pm

It can get frustrating, as you get nothing for losses. The general rule for forfeits is that if the match lasts over one full minute, even if the opponent forfeits, you still get full XP and rewards. If the opponent quits before the one minute mark you still get the win, and a chance at a stone drop, but no XP or Lesser Charms. I feel like Pet PVP is the real mini-game, so it's fun for me, but it's not your cup of tea, it make be annoying. At those early levels though, sometimes I got well over a full bar of XP for a win.

Ehache

Post by Ehache » June 19th, 2013, 5:03 pm

I haven't noticed many forfeits, really only against people who I've run into multiple times and beaten soundly. I typically forfeit against obnoxious teams as protest. Like Triple Newb Idols or triple anything really.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » June 19th, 2013, 7:27 pm

The Jade Temple Grounds should be an okay place to bring a level 1 character. There are no hostile mobs until you're level 90 and doing doing August Celestial dailies, which are in a different phase. I leveled two different toons here from 85 to 90. The pets here are mainly beasts (Temple Snakes), level 23 to 25. There can be a little bit of running between spawns depending on your rate of battling, but I've never completely run out of pets to battle somewhere in here. There's also a flight point that's right inside this area, just be sure to pick up any necessary links the first time you head over there.

Mushka
Top Rater

Post by Mushka » June 20th, 2013, 2:34 am

appreciate the tip, ill check it out tonight