Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Post by Imthedci » July 14th, 2012, 12:44 am

Here's a list of the pets that are listed as not being able to battle...

Alliance Balloon
Argent Gruntling
Argent Squire
Chi-ji Kite
Darkmoon Balloon
Dragon Kite
Father Winter's Helper
Golden Pig
Green Balloon
Guild Herald (Both)
Guild Page (Both)
Horde Balloon
Lucky (Both)
Mr. Wiggles
Silver Pig
Soul of the Aspects
Terrible Turnip
Tuskarr Kite
Winter's Little Helper
Yellow Balloon
Yu'lon Kite

I think that I'm mostly surprised about the pig model pets. Soul of the Aspects and Terrible Turnip are unexpected, too, but the pigs are definately an unexpected addition to the list. Hopefully this will change at some time in the future.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Post by Jadax » July 14th, 2012, 10:24 am

I'm surprised there's no lanturns on there, or the Enchanted Broom. The geode, too.

There seems to have been some... odd decisions along the line :P

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » July 14th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Sunscorch wrote:I'm surprised there's no lanturns on there, or the Enchanted Broom. The geode, too.

There seems to have been some... odd decisions along the line :P
the lanterns and the broom are enchanted... the baloons are inanimate objects that happen to be filled with a gas that's lighter than air lol

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » July 15th, 2012, 9:22 am

I think Blizzard shouldn't include domestic cats and dogs in the pet battles, it could get negative media attention when the expansion is released. (The mastiff hunter pet isn't the same issue, since working dogs are used in war and hunting irl. But dog fighting is a different story, it's not socially acceptable.) At one point Blizzard said humanoid kids wouldn't be included, but the pet battle page features artwork with the oracle hatchling, so I don't know what's up with that. Personally I wish they'd make the whole pet battle thing harmless duels so violence isn't an issue.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » July 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm

It would be better if we could catch pets from the beginning, rather than having to kill them until level 3.
Mingyao on Madoran

Imthedci

Post by Imthedci » July 15th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Sadly, if people want to complain about it, they'll find something no matter what is or isn't allowed to battle.

Feathered
Top Rater
Pet Score:5098
BattleTag®:Maleika#1571
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Post by Feathered » July 15th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Im just happy I can battle with my Wind Rider :D It's the one pet I *REALLY* wanted to battle with.

Piratewench
Pet Score:2540
Realm:Duskwood-us

Post by Piratewench » August 14th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Lysi wrote:I think Blizzard shouldn't include domestic cats and dogs in the pet battles, it could get negative media attention when the expansion is released. (The mastiff hunter pet isn't the same issue, since working dogs are used in war and hunting irl. But dog fighting is a different story, it's not socially acceptable.) At one point Blizzard said humanoid kids wouldn't be included, but the [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/pet-battle]pet battle page[/url] features artwork with the oracle hatchling, so I don't know what's up with that. Personally I wish they'd make the whole pet battle thing harmless duels so violence isn't an issue.
I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time how is having a dog battle any worse than having a monkey do it? They're all animals, and making any animals fight for entertainment is inhumane. But this is a video game. We're not watching them duke it out mortal kombat style, and since our pets aren't eliminated after they lose, I'm pretty sure everyone assumes that these are harmless battles where we can revive them and fix them up, good as new. So I can't relate to anyone thinking that this is a particularly violent system.

Feathered
Top Rater

Post by Feathered » August 17th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Piratewench wrote:I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time how is having a dog battle any worse than having a monkey do it? They're all animals, and making any animals fight for entertainment is inhumane. But this is a video game. We're not watching them duke it out mortal kombat style, and since our pets aren't eliminated after they lose, I'm pretty sure everyone assumes that these are harmless battles where we can revive them and fix them up, good as new. So I can't relate to anyone thinking that this is a particularly violent system.
Thank you! It is just a game. I so agree with the statement that if you start excluding one species of animal you may as well exclude them all since its no different which would then eliminate the mini-game all together (which would suck, so looking forward to this). People just need to leave rl stuff to rl and game stuff to games. Would make life easier.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » August 17th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Non-violent challenges wouldn't take away anything, and all species could play.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Feathered
Top Rater

Post by Feathered » August 24th, 2012, 8:06 pm

Lysi wrote:Non-violent challenges wouldn't take away anything, and all species could play.

Violent challenges wouldn't change anything either and all species could play if people were able to leave rl issues to rl and play the game as a game. O.o

Imthedci

Post by Imthedci » August 25th, 2012, 9:39 am

Both points are valid. Let's just agree that this is one of those things that people disagree on and move along...