Question about an ability

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Question about an ability

Post by Index » June 14th, 2013, 4:09 am

Hi guys,

I was running a few PVP battles last night, and came across a player using a fairly standard setup: Crow / Runt and THE SPIDER OF OH MY GOD MY FACE!!!

This spider was either phenomenally OP or there was something fishier than Elmarcs Carp Scented Underpants...

His run up was: Brittle web then some unGodly multi-attack a-la Swarm but each hit hit 2 - 3 times, effectively hitting me for between 700 to 1100 damage with lucky crits! This spider knocked my whole team out with little resistance within around 8 rounds.

What on earth was it as I sat and hunted through my various spiders and can't see how he made this work?

Any ideas?

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Re: Question about an ability

Post by Nivrax » June 14th, 2013, 5:18 am

Twilight Spider/Widow Spiderling
p/p breed
Spiderling Swarm hits webbed targets for (361 x 2) 722. It's beast, so if under 50% hp, it gets boosted by 25% to 902.5.

Possible? Should be easy to counter, Brittle don't stop swapping, and any swap/stun/dodge/reflect/dive-flyoff-burrow could destroy its damage source since it have 4 round CD.

Index

Post by Index » June 14th, 2013, 6:30 am

Hmmm, I saw that ability listed, but this was 6-9 hits of around 100 each. That's why I asked the question, as it didn't seem to tie up with any of the spiders abilities.

Cheers though!

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » June 14th, 2013, 7:22 am

Brittle Web + Lightning Storm + dot on spider combo effect maybe? Not completely sure how those 2 would interact.

Edit: Spiderling Swarm deals damage twice, then another two times if target is webbed. Did your pets have some sort of reflect damage buff?

Index

Post by Index » June 14th, 2013, 8:13 am

Thanks Nivrax.

There were no other effects in play. This was: swap in - web - omgcrazy damage. If I get the same combo, I'll try and screenie it, as the area above the pet literally fills with numbers!

Edit: no lightning in play, I'd expect that to be 100+100+50+100+100+50 etc