My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For veterans

Guides and information to collecting specific pets.
Nytemarerulez

Pet Score: 2607

Re: Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For veterans

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 8th, 2013, 11:17 pm

lood Knight Antari
14 rounds
1: Scourged Whelpling [6] (2,2,1)
2: Carry pet
3: Flayer Youngling [5] (1,2,1)

vs Arcanus
- Death and Decay > Tail Sweep until Arcanus dies
vs Jadefire
- Tail Sweep until your Scourged Whelpling dies > Plagued Blood on your resurrection turn
- Switch to Carry pet > switch to Flayer Youngling
- Blitz until Jadefire dies (Deflection if Conflagrate is up)
vs Netherbite
- Deflection when Netherbite is under Phase Shift
- Kick when up, Blitz otherwise
Antari.

Since my scourge whelp and Flayer not 25 yet, close but not yet, I have sub the team with the DMF team - using the same strategy. End with me using explored and kill his last pet given carry pet all the xps - only taken me 14 rounds same as other team, could be faster if you take out heals, or get good rng and his 1st pet misses lot. But it worth looking into, if you can cut a whole team that is needed, and keep the same speed or even be faster using a team already made.

Plus that takes out 2 rare pets that are needed lol

Like I said its the DMF teams, down to the same order of attacks

Stencil

Pet Score: 2782

Postby Stencil » June 9th, 2013, 6:41 am

Rellyne wrote:Can't get this Whispering team to work.

Anubisath Idol just can't hold agains Dusty, Deflecting all the Dust attacks + Dusty's cocoons, leaves with only a few chances to attack. On top of that, Anub's crush misses way too much. Changing to Stonekin improved the chances of hitting with Crush, but you also take more damage. Still can't get Anub alive to fight Whispertail.

Changed back to my Emerald(2,2,2)/Carry/Onyxian(2,1,1). Worst case cenario (when you eat some sleeps or just miss the attacks), 27 rounds average, and you have to watch out to not let Emerald just solo it lol. You just can't loose since the team always have a way to recover from bad luck.

I like using a Proto-Drake Whelp against Dusty. It has Bite which is strong versus critters, a nice self heal and Roar which is great for breaking the cocoon because it buffs you as well meaning the turn isn't wasted. Paired with the Emerald Proto Whelp, its a very reliable team.

I'm going to start teaming it with Chrominous to see if that pair is reliable enough. If so, that should be a pretty fast combo.

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 9th, 2013, 6:09 pm

For some more XPS you can take on Morulu the Elder, he is right in shatt so you can hit him before heading off to Blood Knight, he used all 3 Croc pets, all which are 23. I been stopping and doing him for little extra xps for my carry pet before hitting Blood Knight

Xps with Hat only 1320 not lot, but better then nothing

Nytemarerulez

Re: Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3)

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 9th, 2013, 6:42 pm

Phraide wrote:- Added 'Introduction' with a link to Guide to tamer daily pet battles (5.3) - For beginners

Shinsui wrote:
Shinsui wrote:Ok, just found an amazing team for Major Payne posted by Stygimoloch on the wow forums. I've only tested it once so far, but it really rocked even with a little RNG issues

1. Corefire Imp (1,1,2)
2. Cogblade Raptor [5] (2,1,1)
3. carry pet

vs Grizzle
-cast immolation, then Wild Magic. Switch to Cogblade Raptor
-cast Exposed Wounds, then Batter until Grizzle dies

vs. Beakmaster
-cast Exposed Wounds, then Batter until it dies

vs. Flore
-cast Exposed Wounds, then Batter until Cogblade dies.
-switch to carry pet, then switch to Corefire Imp.
-cast immolation, Wild Magic. Burn until it dies.

Ok, I've tested this team for a few days now, and it holds up pretty well even with the stuns. Grizzle melts fast, beakmaster follows. The only issue I had once was when flore got a crit on my imp and killed it. It was low enough though that my carry pet finished it off. Was wondering if anyone else had playtested this team yet

Unfortunately, I have bad luck and still don't have a rare Cogblade Raptor [5] (nor a Mechanical Battle Stone to upgrade a crappy one). I'll test this team as soon as I can 8-) .

I just got the chance to test it, he not kidding about them melting - cog dies during Beakmaster due to wind up, but then die again to the immolation, leaving cog to get in a expose wounds, and 1x batter until it died. However flore finished imp off fast, maybe just took 2 much damage against grizzle or something, but my carry pet manage to win. I keep testing it and see.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Pet Score: 2718

Postby Tahsfenz » June 9th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Just want to put this out there in case anyone wants to give it a try. Against the air spirit-

My new team is
Soul of the Aspects (1/2/1)
Infinite Whelpling (1/1/2)
Carry Pet

Defect the moth dust and claw to kill dusty. Surge of Light when up. When the soul dies double swap to infinite. Dark flame when it is up against the elemental. Heal as needed. Very reliable. Didn't check how many rounds. Was just happy to have a use for the soul!

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 10th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Tahsfenz wrote:Just want to put this out there in case anyone wants to give it a try. Against the air spirit-

My new team is
Soul of the Aspects (1/2/1)
Infinite Whelpling (1/1/2)
Carry Pet

Defect the moth dust and claw to kill dusty. Surge of Light when up. When the soul dies double swap to infinite. Dark flame when it is up against the elemental. Heal as needed. Very reliable. Didn't check how many rounds. Was just happy to have a use for the soul!

I have a SOTA so soon as I can get it to level 25 I will test this out - just did the battle and took 29rounds this time due to misses, 22-35(most I seen so far) is little much with bad RNG. Also what breed is the infinite whelping?

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Postby Tahsfenz » June 11th, 2013, 6:30 am

Mine is P/P. last night was the roughest go round with it yet with some horrid RNG (which was almost every battle yesterday). Even still, I came out on top. I actually only level dragonkin on this fight for now and if they are high enough level, let them do some damage. The other day I ws doing my nether fairy dragon and life exchange whooped the elementals but before I switched in my whelpling.

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 11th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Tahsfenz wrote:Mine is P/P. last night was the roughest go round with it yet with some horrid RNG (which was almost every battle yesterday). Even still, I came out on top. I actually only level dragonkin on this fight for now and if they are high enough level, let them do some damage. The other day I ws doing my nether fairy dragon and life exchange whooped the elementals but before I switched in my whelpling.

Next battle you should record how many rounds and see what the average rounds are, I going to level up to check as well

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Postby Tahsfenz » June 11th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Nytemarerulez wrote:
Tahsfenz wrote:Mine is P/P. last night was the roughest go round with it yet with some horrid RNG (which was almost every battle yesterday). Even still, I came out on top. I actually only level dragonkin on this fight for now and if they are high enough level, let them do some damage. The other day I ws doing my nether fairy dragon and life exchange whooped the elementals but before I switched in my whelpling.

Next battle you should record how many rounds and see what the average rounds are, I going to level up to check as well

I'll check it out. I was just happy to be able to use the soul.

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 12th, 2013, 2:06 am

Tahsfenz wrote:
Nytemarerulez wrote:

I'll check it out. I was just happy to be able to use the soul.

Just tested this team out, took 19 rounds to win, with air spirit killing my whelp with that wind dot after I killed it, leaving my swap pet to get all XPS.

For Moth - I did deflect - then Surge, then Claw and repeat. You said use surge when you can but didn't know if you was talking about using it on moth are only on dragon. Here is the team break down I think is how it should of went, might be faster

Whispering Pandaren Spirit
19 rounds or less or maybe more - More testing is needed.
1: Soul of the Aspect [-] (1,2,1)
3: Infinite Whelpling [4] (1,1,2) - maybe 1,1,1, would be better as it will do double damage when whelpling get lower hp(test this out tomorrow)

vs Dusty
- Deflection > Claw
- Claw, unless your Deflection is up (then cast Deflection > Claw)
vs Whispertail
- Surge of Light(if dragon passive is Up) > Claw otherwise if not do Deflect > Surge of Light > Claw > until Soul of the Aspect dies
- Switch to Carry pet > switch to Infinite Whelpling
- Tail Sweep until Whispertail dies
vs Pandaren Air Spirit
- Darkflame > Tail Sweep > Healing Flame > Tail Sweep > DarkFlame - should be dead by then or maybe
- Twail Sweep > Tail Sweep > Early Advantage > Healing Flame or Tail Sweep if you will not die > Tail Sweep (will need testing to see if this is better)
Last edited by Nytemarerulez on June 12th, 2013, 6:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 12th, 2013, 3:18 am

1. Corefire Imp (1,1,2)
2. Cogblade Raptor [5] (2,1,1)
3. carry pet

vs Grizzle
-cast immolation, then Wild Magic. Switch to Cogblade Raptor
-cast Exposed Wounds, then Batter until Grizzle dies

vs. Beakmaster
-cast Exposed Wounds, then Batter until it dies

vs. Flore
-cast Exposed Wounds, then Batter until Cogblade dies.
-switch to carry pet, then switch to Corefire Imp.
-cast immolation, Wild Magic. Burn until it dies.

So far each time I used this team I had to finish with my carry pet - so this seem like team to have when your carry pet is 20+, but it only takes 18 at most I seen, 4 rounds faster, and that when he stun me with Grizzle

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Postby Tahsfenz » June 12th, 2013, 6:34 am

I don't use surge until I get to the dragon. No sense to use on critter. I use dark flame for the healing debuff, but early advantage may work better. I'll try it out tonight. I deflect the moth dust. If I have the dragon debuff going into whisper tail, I use surge, if not, I deflect his first ability.

Stencil

Pet Score: 2782

Postby Stencil » June 12th, 2013, 7:33 am

I just burned a fair number of bandages testing the Proto-Drake Whelp and Chrominius team, taking it to the point where a Surge of Power would kill the Air Spirit and then forfeiting and running it again. The fastest kills took 15 rounds; the median looks to be 17 rounds. There were a couple of wipes, but there were also two kills, both at 23 rounds, where the team overcame getting slept by moth dust twice. It feels reliable.

Whispering Spirit
~17 rounds
1: Proto-Drake Whelp (2,2,2)
2: carry pet
3: Chrominius (1,1,2)

vs Dusty
- Ancient Blessing > Roar > Bite x3 > Ancient Blessing > Roar > Roar
- if first dust sleeps: Ancient Blessing > Bite x2 > Roar > Bite > Ancient Blessing > Roar
vs Whispertail
- Bite until Proto-Drake Whelp dies
- switch to carry pet > switch to Chrominius
- Bite until Whispertail dies
vs Pandaren Air Spirit
- if Proto-Drake Whelp is still alive: switch to carry pet > switch to Chrominius
- Howl > Bite > Surge of Power

It is possible for 3 Roar buffed, non-critical, Bites to kill Dusty, but this usually doesn't happen.
In the most common sequences, we have the Dragon passive and the Roar buff when we start on Whispertail and can just spam Bite. If its a nonstandard case and both of those buffs aren't present, or we took extra damage because Moth Dust induced sleep, then I think its usually best to work in an Ancestral Healing during Whispertail. The earlier the better, but a Dragon racial buffed Bite would take precedence.
Its not worth it for the Proto-Drake Whelp to attempt to damage the Air Spirit if he makes it past Whispertail. The Air Spirit will get heals on the turn the PDW dies and the turn you bring in Chrominous, negating a full Bites worth of damage. Just hard swap to the carry and Chrominius; the Air Spirit will cast his heal so the carry pet will be safe.

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 12th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Stencil wrote:I just burned a fair number of bandages testing the Proto-Drake Whelp and Chrominius team, taking it to the point where a Surge of Power would kill the Air Spirit and then forfeiting and running it again. The fastest kills took 15 rounds; the median looks to be 17 rounds. There were a couple of wipes, but there were also two kills, both at 23 rounds, where the team overcame getting slept by moth dust twice. It feels reliable.

Whispering Spirit
~17 rounds
1: Proto-Drake Whelp (2,2,2)
2: carry pet
3: Chrominius (1,1,2)

vs Dusty
- Ancient Blessing > Roar > Bite x3 > Ancient Blessing > Roar > Roar
- if first dust sleeps: Ancient Blessing > Bite x2 > Roar > Bite > Ancient Blessing > Roar
vs Whispertail
- Bite until Proto-Drake Whelp dies
- switch to carry pet > switch to Chrominius
- Bite until Whispertail dies
vs Pandaren Air Spirit
- if Proto-Drake Whelp is still alive: switch to carry pet > switch to Chrominius
- Howl > Bite > Surge of Power

It is possible for 3 Roar buffed, non-critical, Bites to kill Dusty, but this usually doesn't happen.
In the most common sequences, we have the Dragon passive and the Roar buff when we start on Whispertail and can just spam Bite. If its a nonstandard case and both of those buffs aren't present, or we took extra damage because Moth Dust induced sleep, then I think its usually best to work in an Ancestral Healing during Whispertail. The earlier the better, but a Dragon racial buffed Bite would take precedence.
Its not worth it for the Proto-Drake Whelp to attempt to damage the Air Spirit if he makes it past Whispertail. The Air Spirit will get heals on the turn the PDW dies and the turn you bring in Chrominous, negating a full Bites worth of damage. Just hard swap to the carry and Chrominius; the Air Spirit will cast his heal so the carry pet will be safe.

Looking at 15-23 rounds, so even with getting sleep it 1 round faster at most, and 9 rounds if everything is good - I have to try this, only problem is the wipes - on Wastewalker Shu team can wipe many times, so that team might need changing as well. Ok so we got more testing 2 do

Kring

Pet Score: 2769

Postby Kring » June 12th, 2013, 6:43 pm

Nytemarerulez wrote:only problem is the wipes - on Wastewalker Shu team can wipe many times, so that team might need changing as well. Ok so we got more testing 2 do

Double Chrominius never fails me.

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 12th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Kring wrote:
Nytemarerulez wrote:only problem is the wipes - on Wastewalker Shu team can wipe many times, so that team might need changing as well. Ok so we got more testing 2 do

Double Chrominius never fails me.

No you talking about the air spirit, I was talking about the guy in dread waste, failing. I have never failed on Air, just his team he mention said their was wipes.

Also I will have to try that double Chrom beat down, don't have another one yet, plus I try not to have duplicated of pets at max level, only exception if I level another one I have like say a water spirit just to sell it.

Said it took you 16 rounds that pretty fast, team just mention does 15 if everything goes good, so close. Can you report back on average how long has it taken you, with bad rng

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 13th, 2013, 12:17 am

Beasts of Fable
6 rounds
1: Unborn Val'kyr [?] (1,2,2)
2: Pandaren Water Spirit [-] (1,2,2)
3: Chrominius [-] (1,1,2)

This is my generic team, which should work well against the majority of the BoF. The goal of this team is to set up a mix of bombs which will detonate on the same turn, under a Howl (+100% damage). You will deliver 100% of your damage at the same time: this way, the enemies won't be able to react and mitigate the damage with their powerful heals.

This strategy should grant you a kill on turn 6 or 7.

Round 1: Unholy Ascension
Your Unborn Val'kyr resurrects
Round 2: Curse of Doom
Your Unborn Val'kyr dies
Switch to Pandaren water spirit
Round 3: Geyser
Round 4: Whirlpool
Round 5: Switch to Chrominius
Round 6: Howl
At the end of this turn, Curse of Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool detonate at the same time with a +125% boost (25% from Unholy Ascension and 100% from Howl). The enemy takes a truckload of damage and is stunned.
Round 7: Surge of Power if the enemy is still alive

- Notes: For Dos-Ryga, cast some Shadow Slashes, then proceed as explained above (Unholy ascension > Curse of doom > etc...). The goal is to stall for a bit with the Shadow Slashes to have the enemy's Whirlpool detonate on your Val'kyr's last turn instead of your Pandaren water spirit. This team doesn't work against No-No. I advise you to use Yellow Moth [4] (2,1,2) and Bat [4] (1,2,1) instead of Unborn Val'kyr and Pandaren Water Spirit against him.

Been playing with this team, I have 2 problems -

1) When against No-No (one in Vale), what should the attack order be? I uses Moth Balls > Cocoon Strike(only if he dives) > Moth Balls(use always when I can, unless dive), and then alpha strike. I do that until pet dies, until switch to bat and do Reckless Strike, Hawk Eye > Reckless Strike > Bite, either no-no dies, or I die, bat is dead, I move on to Chrom for Howl > SoP or might just do SoP if I know it will kill it. ALso I using Vampric Bat as you said in another post to use bat if you didn't have it, so I figure since I had it, should use it over Bat?

2) When against Ti'un The Wanderer (turtle in Townlong) - 9/10 times he killing Chrom before I can get howl off - with his pump attack - as to resort to team 2 one for No-NO just to get a win tonight

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 13th, 2013, 1:08 am

By sirinad (5,511 – 2·10·66) on 2013/04/28 (Patch 5.2.0)
You may be looking for a way to defeat this trainer with only 2 pets in 5.2 so you can gain experience with a third. Here is a strategy to do it.

1) Start with your low level pet. The enemy with start with his moth Flyer. Do some sort of attack. Note that the enemy may put you to sleep before your attack goes through; you will still get credit and can continue with the strat.

2) Swap to Chrominius . You will want Bite, Ancient Blessing, and Surge of Power. On the first turn you can take an action, the enemy moth will be covered by Cocoon Strike; use Ancient Blessing to heal and get a little bit of health. From this point on, Bite the enemy to death. If the enemy is cocooned, use Ancient Blessing (this will only happen if the enemy puts you to sleep) since your attack would miss anyway.

There one trick to this moth that is pretty important. If your Dragon buff (do +50% damage on your next attack) activates and the enemy moth doesn't die, which is fairly common, you cannot kill the enemy until the buff falls off. If Ancient Blessing is off cooldown when the Dragon buff occurs, use it; if not, just pass. Then Bite the enemy to death.

3) The enemy will bring out his Dragon. Use Surge of Power. At this point, the strategy will assume Chrominius dies while re-charging. If not, just keep attacking with it and then follow the strat after he does die.

4) You will now want to bring out a SECOND Chrominius, except that you want Howl instead of Ancient Blessing. If you Bite the enemy Dragon twice, it should die. You do not need to do anything special about the Dragon buff this time.

5) The enemy will bring out his Elemental. Howl + Bite + Surge of Power should easily finish him off.

Tested this team and match ended after 15 rounds, and that was with 2x sleeps - so I thinking average would be at most 17. Also I confused my dragon passive went off , and only had either sop or bite, so was I supposed to pass I used bite and used up cocoon which of course being faster he got up before I hit bit, then I used bite again and won, and had the dragon passive again, which of course power up a sop on his 2nd pet, then I switch to 2nd chrom when 1st died, like mention, 2 bites dragon dies, then a Howl > Bite > SOP killed Air Spirit - so yeah this team look like it would be super strong - I say 17 rounds at most and that with sleeping Chrom as he should only do one Moth Dust on Chorm and if it sleep him, he get another off - so 17 it was I saying this team will average with bad rng - 15 if chrom doens't get sleep

Nytemarerulez

Postby Nytemarerulez » June 13th, 2013, 1:34 am

Blood Knight Antari
14 rounds
1: Scourged Whelpling [6] (2,2,1)

vs Arcanus
- Death and Decay > Tail Sweep until Arcanus dies
vs Jadefire
- Tail Sweep until your Scourged Whelpling dies > Plagued Blood on your resurrection turn
- Blitz until Jadefire dies (Deflection if Conflagrate is up)
vs Netherbite
- Deflection when Netherbite is under Phase Shift
- Kick when up, Blitz otherwise

If you have a Lil' Deathwing you can do it in 10-11rounds

10-11 rounds
1: Lil' Deathwing [-] (2,2,1)

vs Arcanus
- Elementium Bolt > Roll(this will neglect Arcamus Damage debuff)> Tail Sweep > Arcanus dies (he will die to Bolt hitting)
vs Jadefire (Comes out at the end of turn 3, and on turn 4 get hit by a super charged(dragon Passive) tail sweep
- Tail Sweep until your Lil' Deathwing Dies - Jadefire should be under Half if not dead w/crits
- Blitz until Jadefire dies (Should be dead before Conflagrate is up) if not Deflect and add 1 round to team (11-12 now)
vs Netherbite
- Kick > Blitz Until Netherbite
- Kick when up, if not use Blitz - don't even need to worry about deflection as you should kill it before it kills you

Kring

Pet Score: 2769

Postby Kring » June 13th, 2013, 3:33 am

Nytemarerulez wrote:No you talking about the air spirit, I was talking about the guy in dread waste, failing. I have never failed on Air, just his team he mention said their was wipes.

I had my problem with the air spirit, but I have problem with every strategy that involves the idol because they guy just misses to much. Chrominius on the other side, every team that includes a Chrominius is instantly awesome.

But yes, I totally failed at reading. :-)

For Shu, the cricket is very successful for me. And at the moment I'm using Spawn of Onyxia P/P (2,1,1) and Darkmoon Tonk H/P (1,1,1). The advantage over the Onyxian Whelpling P/B, that was suggested in this guide once before, is that the P/P Spawn kills the first enemy with his lift-off thus preventing the second whirlpool. And if it misses you should be able to heal through the whirlpool.

Nytemarerulez wrote:Said it took you 16 rounds that pretty fast, team just mention does 15 if everything goes good, so close. Can you report back on average how long has it taken you, with bad rng

It can't really go bad because Chrominius has 100% hit chance on all its spells. You might have to use the heal a bit more often but that only adds one turn per heal.

PreviousNext

Return to Community Guides