Ethereal Soul-Trader loot card

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu
Ethereal Soul-Trader loot card

Post by Mehetabel » June 10th, 2013, 6:27 am

Just a quick question, I'm considering buying a Ethereal Soul-Trader loot card from ebay and I've noticed that they often state "card is not in English but can still be redeemed worldwide). Just wondering if anyone can verify this? I'm assuming they they probably come from China mostly and I'd be wanting to redeem it on an EU server. Would the code be in Western alphabet?

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Re: Ethereal Soul-Trader loot card

Post by Jadax » June 10th, 2013, 8:24 am

Yeah, the codes are worldwide. I've used several US cards on my EU account.

Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Abyl1 » June 10th, 2013, 10:09 am

I've never done anything with the trading cards, I'm hoping the OP question was answered so I'm not hijacking the thread...

I have a few question... How does the trading card system work? Where do you buy them? Do they come in packs or individually? How much do they normally run?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 10th, 2013, 12:58 pm

Most buy tcg stuff from http://www.wowtcgloot.com/ Ive bought plenty there myself.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » June 10th, 2013, 1:20 pm

TCG codes are all numbers, there are no letters in them at all so it won't matter what language the card is in.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 10th, 2013, 3:04 pm

That's great, thanks guys. Now to finish saving up for it! :P

Domie
Top Rater
Pet Score:9549
BattleTag®:Domie#2293
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Domie » June 10th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Dragonwizard wrote:TCG codes are all numbers, there are no letters in them at all so it won't matter what language the card is in.
The fact that they are all numbers, doesnt mean they couldnt be region locked in some way (but from the other comments it seems they arent)

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » June 12th, 2013, 7:07 am

Abyl1 wrote:I've never done anything with the trading cards, I'm hoping the OP question was answered so I'm not hijacking the thread...

I have a few question... How does the trading card system work? Where do you buy them? Do they come in packs or individually? How much do they normally run?
I’m not really an expert but I will try to answer your questions.

The trading card system is essentially a board game. I’m not sure on the rules, but it involves placing cards to counter your opponents cards. A new expansion set is released roughly 3 times every 2 years. You get them from various places but it’s cheaper online. You can buy starter sets, or booster packs “new” but a lot of people buy these then sell the individual cards.

What makes it so interesting to pet collectors is that each expansion has one pet and one mount card which can be redeemed in game. I’ve found it is best to wait 1-2 months after release, then buy the pet loot card from eBay form a seller with good feedback. This way the initial rush has died down, and supply is greater than the demand. As time goes by the older cards get rarer and rarer and more expensive.

What happens is you get a code, which you claim online and tie to one of your characters, you also get another code. That character then has to go to Booty Bay and talk to an NPC, select which pet it is and enter the code before getting the pet.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » June 12th, 2013, 8:17 am

Just to add, there's two ways to get the physical cards. Each expansion will release a starter set, with a number of specific cards and a few random extras, and then booster packs which are completely random sets of cards.

Each of these expansion has three 'loot' cards, which are standard cards with an extra scratch off strip which gives you a code for an in-game item. Each expansion typically has a mount, pet and vanity item which are unique to that expansion.

These 'loot' cards are completely random, there's a good chance you WON'T get one in your random cards.

Most WoW players who have no interest in the cards would rather buy them from EBay or one of the seller sites. These sellers have already opened their packs and are selling the loot cards for a profit. It's still worth buying them this way as it removes the random factor - You may get a loot card in your first booster, or you may not get one after 100!

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » June 12th, 2013, 10:59 am

Gromagrim wrote:
Most WoW players who have no interest in the cards would rather buy them from EBay or one of the seller sites. These sellers have already opened their packs and are selling the loot cards for a profit. It's still worth buying them this way as it removes the random factor - You may get a loot card in your first booster, or you may not get one after 100!
Indeed. It is infact a far better way of going about getting them.

In the UK a pack of cards costs £2.99 from Forbidden Planet and only has a chance at loot.
On eBay you get a guaranteed loot card for £6ish, the price of 2 packs of cards.

I'll say it again though, don't buy straight away after release, and don't leave it too long. I usually give it 2-3 months then look to buy. The Gusting Grimoire is the current one, I got mine for £4.50. you can still get an Eye, a scarab and the lichling for roughly £6 each too. Bargains.