7/27 new stuff

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Duerma
Pet Score:6468
Realm:Feathermoon-us
7/27 new stuff

Post by Duerma » July 27th, 2012, 11:56 pm

• Wild pet spawning conditions are listed for some pets (ie, rain, night, summer, etc.)
  • Pets are "weakened by capture" - eg, I fought a level 23 frog, and he was knocked down to level 19 when I caught him.
  • Stats have been nerfed across the board again - if you'r using PetBattleRarity everything will show up as a gray name.
  • Can't cage most pets anymore.
  • Jade Forest is open so you can gather up the critters there now.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Re: 7/27 new stuff

Post by Imthedci » July 28th, 2012, 2:35 am

Bad things that I noticed in this patch:

1. You can attack and kill wild pets.
2. Hostile mobs can attack you in the middle of a battle, instantly ending it.
3. There's a bug with Leap that will freeze a battle (just like Volcano did/does)
4. There's a bug where most attacks will apply "Aquatic" to a pet (not sure if it actually works like a buff or is just a shell)

Duerma
Pet Score:6468
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Duerma » July 28th, 2012, 10:19 am

Oh yes, I noticed the aquatic thing.

Another obnoxious note - I started a pet battle by water, and it ran me into the water to do the battle - pushing my toon under the water just enough that I started drowning. I did not finish the pet battle before I died. But GOOD NEWS everyone, apparently if you drown you can finish the battle, because I still captured my pet! :lol:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 28th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Great finds everyone!

There's another new wild pet that snuck in the Pet Journal: Wanderer's Festival Hatchling. Requires the event, Wanderer's Festival.

Loving that developers are listing the special spawning conditionals. Makes updating the pet database for WarcraftPets so much easier for me! XD

Here's an example of the Pet Journal listing the spawning condition -

Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » July 28th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Yeah, now we just need to work out what "night" actually means in this context :P

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » July 30th, 2012, 8:31 am

The Volcano bug has been fixed! Feel free to return to Searing Gorge/Burning Steppes and capture ad nausium.

Several other abilities seem to be creating errors every once-n-a-while. Leap and Death Coil are two that I can pull off the top of my head. (What they were doing on the top of my head, I have no idea... :lol: )

The Sack of Pet Supplies now contain a junk item along with the pet supplies. The big ticket junk item appears to be the Exquisite Murloc Collar which is good for 50g (but, sadly, doesn't appear to be useable, even on Murlocs).

While I don't know what the exact conditions that cause this are, higher-level pets that you capture are "leveled-down" to the highest level of pet on your team. (i.e. you have a team with 2 level 10 pets and 1 level 9 pet. You manage to capture a level 12 pet. The level 12 pet will be "leveled down" to level 10 in your pet journal.) This is intended as there were new functions included this.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » August 1st, 2012, 7:23 am

I wasn't able to get pet battles to work yesterday, either.
Mingyao on Madoran