MoP question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dasauls
Top Rater
Pet Score:3939
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
MoP question

Post by Dasauls » July 16th, 2012, 5:04 pm

When MoP goes live, have you guys decided how this website will change? I mean I know you'll add where to find all the pets still, but what about the personal lists of who has caught what. Will the site now show all combat pets or stay similar to what it is now?

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: MoP question

Post by Lysi » July 16th, 2012, 5:52 pm

I'm guessing they'll still want an armory import option to update your collection, so exactly how they'll do it might depend on how WoW lists collections in the armory after MoP..?
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 16th, 2012, 6:28 pm

We're currently working on the website layout and collection tracking for MoP. At the moment the goal is to include all the new pets (including wild ones) into the database. Details are still being sorted out, though, so things aren't set in stone yet.
Lysi wrote:I'm guessing they'll still want an armory import option to update your collection, so exactly how they'll do it might depend on how WoW lists collections in the armory after MoP..?
Absolutely, the WoW armory will definitely play a part in how we'll handle the changes and additions coming in MoP.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Celestya22
Top Rater
Pet Score:3256
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Celestya22 » July 17th, 2012, 5:12 am

Are you collecting data on the new pets then? Especially ones that have special requirements to find them? For instance, I found a spider (beast) in the Venomwood Vale (an area of Tirisfal Glades) that only comes out to play when it (starts?) raining. I guess the rain washes the spiders out :lol:

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 24th, 2012, 6:41 am

Celestya22 wrote:Are you collecting data on the new pets then? Especially ones that have special requirements to find them? For instance, I found a spider (beast) in the Venomwood Vale (an area of Tirisfal Glades) that only comes out to play when it (starts?) raining. I guess the rain washes the spiders out :lol:
Yes! We're collecting as much information about the new pets as possible.

There's a dedicated thread for possible wild pet spawning conditions [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=368]here[/url].
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Biker_212
Pet Score:13363
Realm:Terokkar-eu

Post by Biker_212 » July 24th, 2012, 10:33 am

What will become with my collection after MoP come live? I mean, lots of battle pets are the same as I already have. Will I have them in battle pet collection also? Or are these two groups (preMoP and MoP) completely different? I have 172 companions right now, will I start with just few of them? I even payed for some from blizz store or ebay cards...will all be lost? And what about achivs for 150 companions etc.???

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 24th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Biker_212 wrote:What will become with my collection after MoP come live? I mean, lots of battle pets are the same as I already have. Will I have them in battle pet collection also? Or are these two groups (preMoP and MoP) completely different? I have 172 companions right now, will I start with just few of them? I even payed for some from blizz store or ebay cards...will all be lost? And what about achivs for 150 companions etc.???
All pets that you currently own will still be in your collection after MoP is released. All pet achievements that you've earned will still be completed in MoP.