Ugh, or perhaps YAY...DMF/CRZ

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us
Ugh, or perhaps YAY...DMF/CRZ

Post by Catalytic » June 3rd, 2013, 2:44 am

As if CRZ hasn't been problematic enough for us collectors, now DMF is CRZ. There were players from 7 servers at my Faire camping the DM Rabbit spawn cave. Guess I'm *really* glad I bought a DM Rabbit last week, cuz I suspect they will be more expensive now and much harder to find!

Mirres
Pet Score:1815
BattleTag®:Mirres#1719
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Ugh, or perhaps YAY...DMF/CRZ

Post by Mirres » June 3rd, 2013, 8:19 am

yeah, I think so. pity, I set up a raid on my deadest server, thinking no one else would be there to get it.

I don't know if someone already killed him (probably) or if he just hadn't spawned.

Arji
MVP
Pet Score:11812
BattleTag®:Arji#2548
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Arji » June 3rd, 2013, 9:08 am

Tell me about it !
I ran there as soon as the door was open. Was happy to get groupinvite along the way.
Just to see that somebody else had managed to get there first and a big PvP party was going on around the rabbit..

That's when I finally noticed all the (*) there behind all those names. Never seen DMF so crowded! :o

Why oh why .. :roll:
°° Swiss (-German) °° @Home on Lothar (EU) Horde [German] and
Silvermoon (EU) Alliance [English] (EU warcraftpets Guild)

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 3rd, 2013, 1:29 pm

I have never regretted moving to The Venture Co. (US) many months ago. We don't have CRZ, which is a huge relief and makes the game actually playable to me.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » June 3rd, 2013, 6:48 pm

Well, if their aim was to make the DMF more like a real amusement park they succeeded. It's now crowded, full of loud obnoxious people trying to sell you crap that you can't buy (CRZ! The illusion of full servers without any of the economic benefits! YAY!), there's crowds of people at every ride and game making some of them much harder... yeah, all that's missing is random screams of overstimulated children being blasted into your ear for the full genuine experience. The only times I've seen a place that full (other than expansion launches) was back when the justice guy was being unlocked in BC on the sunwell island. Back when we had 45min queues to log into my high population server at the time.

I actually had to go EQ style to do my profession quest... meaning finding a spot where I knew there was a spawn point for tanned hides and just camp the respawn. Then hope that no necro decided to train a bunch of spectres on me for laugh or to take my camping spot... CAMP CHECK? Hide6 is taken people, stop trying to steal it! no wait, sorry, that last part was just another EQ flashback. Still, when 'making the world feel alive' means giving people Everquest flashbacks, maybe it's gone too far. I'm not even talking about the frakking bunny, just doing the dailies and monthlies is an awful experience now. So glad I not only have all the pets out of there but have enough tickets on enough alts that I can get anything they decide to add. Even when we had the 45min queues there weren't that many people in that small an area fighting for so few spawns.

Robomouse
Pet Score:5990
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Robomouse » June 3rd, 2013, 8:37 pm

This is definitely an ugh for me. Makes me wish I'd bought the stupid thing for 30 or 40k or whatever it was that I saw it listed for a few weeks ago. I'm sure it's going to be way more expensive now. I'm glad I at least got the achievement, because I don't think I'll even be able to get into a group for it now. :(

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » June 3rd, 2013, 10:01 pm

Well, the good news is that the way it is right now is way more than they intended it to be according to a blue post on the forums. So it will still be crowded after they fix it... but hopefully people doing quests won't have to camp respawns to complete their monthlies/dailies.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » June 3rd, 2013, 11:54 pm

Robomouse wrote:I'm glad I at least got the achievement, because I don't think I'll even be able to get into a group for it now.
Considering I don't think I've seen more than four or five people here when it was just my backwoods server, I think I'm way more likely to find a group for the rabbit now. As for the crowding of the games, I'll hold my judgment until they get it fixed to where they intended it.

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » June 4th, 2013, 4:20 pm

Ishildur wrote:Well, the good news is that the way it is right now is way more than they intended it to be according to a blue post on the forums. So it will still be crowded after they fix it... but hopefully people doing quests won't have to camp respawns to complete their monthlies/dailies.

Can you link the blue post? I've been unable to find anything official about it.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » June 4th, 2013, 6:03 pm

Catalytic wrote:Can you link the blue post? I've been unable to find anything official about it.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9165887599?page=5#100
Bashiok wrote:Yeah, and that's the intent behind CRZ as a whole. The Darkmoon Faire being CRZ'd is intentional, the problem is it's just allowing too many people into the same cross-realm instance right now and causing some overcrowding issues. Much of the intent of cross-realm zones is providing the experience of a lively massively-multiplayer environment, even for lower level zones where players don't tend to congregate as much any more. We certainly want the Darkmoon Faire to always feel like you're visiting a mystical carnival full of excited patrons.

We've developed a fix and that will be implemented with tomorrow morning's rolling restarts. Let us know what you think afterward, and we'll be closely monitoring the changes as well.

Catalytic

Post by Catalytic » June 4th, 2013, 7:18 pm

Thanks NathKnave!