"Suggested" Breed Option

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Re: "Suggested" Breed Option

Post by Tahsfenz » June 1st, 2013, 8:21 pm

I don't think you can really judge which breed is better. You might think critter X is better with a P/S breed while I may think an H/H is better. It's subjective to the user.

Ackis
Pet Score:2647
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Ackis » June 2nd, 2013, 1:16 am

I personally try to get S/S whenever possible.

My thinking is that if I'm faster, I'll be able to get that extra attack in at the end which will kill him and not me.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » June 2nd, 2013, 4:20 am

Well it really depends... I don't care for the 4/14, 5/15, or 6/16 breeds. My Mini Thor is a 6 and he is SO slow and SO weak that his large amount of health doesn't really do me any good. I prefer something a little more balanced. My favorite breeds are 7/17 and 10/20 but my breed 9 flayer youngling DESTROYS whole teams of pets that are higher level and he has no damage stat. The key is to take advantage of your enemy's weakness (if they're vulnerable to aquatic abilities, sic Snarly on em!) and remember: if your pet has an ability that ups their speed, then you don't necessarily need the faster breeds, you can choose the balanced damage/health breeds to your big advantage. Or if your pet has an ability that always goes first, you can get a high damage breed and get a great head start on your battle victory! But ultimately each one has the potential to win and be amazing, luck is always a factor too ;)

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 5th, 2013, 6:40 am

Its really, really subjective. Also Theres 2 aspects, PvE wild/tamers and PvP and its different what people prefer to play. However we could use the lettering system added in NeXT to the breed number, just like Wowhead. Then Theres clearly no doubt what breed is you're looking at.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 20th, 2013, 4:15 am

how about a voting system? people can vote for their favourite breed, or the one they use most for battling, and it will show as statistics. this way we would see at a glance which pets have more than one viable breed.