Razorgore

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abyl1
Pet Score:4019
Realm:Llane-us
Razorgore

Post by Abyl1 » May 28th, 2013, 10:07 am

I'm still trying to get the drop off Razorgore but am having a tough time soloing him (90DK). Anyone have any tips?

Finally got the giant bone spider out of naxx, want to get some out of here too :)

Keithkorg
Pet Score:1871
Realm:Eversong-eu

Re: Razorgore

Post by Keithkorg » May 28th, 2013, 10:40 am

This strat worked for me with a 90%+ success rate. First of all, disable any abilities that could kill mobs that are attacking you (like the shaman's lightning shield).

When you first take control of Razorgore, start clearing the eggs from the middle of the room and work towards the direction of the orb of control (where you are standing). Most of the adds will aggro on you rather than Razorgore. When the first channel ends, immediately start channeling again (DO NOT KILL ANY MOBS). There is a maximum number of mobs that can be spawned at any one time. If you are not killing them, most of them will remain aggro'd on you, leaving Razorgore to clear the second half of the room. He will still take some damage, but you should have more than enough breathing space to finish off the eggs.

The most difficult part (for me at least) is to quickly click the orb again once the first channel ends. There should be so many mobs surrounding you that it is tough to interact with the orb.

Abyl1

Post by Abyl1 » May 28th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Thanks! I'm going to give that a go tonight!

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 29th, 2013, 1:24 am

Another important thing to remember is to dismiss pets on a hunter or warlock. Will save your mouse and your tendons trying to click the unresponsive orb :-)
(they can be re-summoned for phase 2 though)

I do it a little differently, in that I firstly destroy the eggs around the orb platform, then make a zig-zaggy trip up the left side, destroying eggs as I go. I destroy as many on the opposite platform as I can until the timer runs out. I then actually do kill the adds that are wailing on me, if only to make the orb visible. I then go up the right hand side, and usually get the rest of the eggs down before the timer runs out. The rest is easy.

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11526
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » May 29th, 2013, 6:38 am

I hated this boss when i first started soloing him. Kept getting way to much aggro on Razorgore causing him to die and blow me up.

I cant post the link but do a search on youtube for "World Of Warcraft - Blackwing Lair: How to solo kill first boss" by a user named WoWsorfy. Great paced video with commentary so you can see exactly what he's doing. Did it with my rogue to this strat.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » May 29th, 2013, 7:03 am

Keithkorg wrote:The most difficult part (for me at least) is to quickly click the orb again once the first channel ends. There should be so many mobs surrounding you that it is tough to interact with the orb.
I have never tried to solo him but I know that you can stand on the ground level and click the orb from there.

Keithkorg
Pet Score:1871
Realm:Eversong-eu

Post by Keithkorg » May 29th, 2013, 7:09 am

Kring wrote:I have never tried to solo him but I know that you can stand on the ground level and click the orb from there.
I wish I knew that when I was farming the place. I will not be trying this out - between Razorgore, the guaranteed death on the dragon boss, the trap room and Chromaggus' afflictions I have learned to despise soloing BWL.

Abyl1

Post by Abyl1 » May 29th, 2013, 9:28 am

Thanks for all the input, it worked and last night I had a really good run and got three pets, Untamed Hatchling, Deathguard, and Chromius!

Not killing adds seemed to help, and I started by destroying eggs around the orb platform first so I could pull aggro off Razorgore. Died twice, but third time was the charm!

Demoiselle
Pet Score:2013
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Demoiselle » May 30th, 2013, 1:09 pm

I always cleared starting from the platform with the orb and then in a zigzag moving toward the opposite end of the room. It worked but often took me 3-4 tries to get the timing right. I would do some AOE before re-clicking the orb to generate aggro, but I wonder if this was a bad idea.

But, yes, BWL was just not fun to solo. Razorgore always made me nervous because I'd win or lose by a hair. The dragon would kill me as he died. The suppression room was slow. Ugh. Al the pets but Chrominius have dropped for me more than once, so I just bought Chrominius. I'm done with BWL.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » May 31st, 2013, 3:37 am

since someone mentionned the trap room... there's an easy time saver for that. aggro a dragon group which is in the room between the vaelastrasz room and the trap room. they have a charge that kicks you up. then, position yourself below the "window" of the second floor of the trap room, which is to the left, right at the beginning of the trap path, if you face the lower trap room floor. let the dragon charge, you'll be kicked up right to lashlayer.

ps: be prepared for a sh*tload of adds coming at you, if you don't have any aggro reset.
Last edited by Ril on May 31st, 2013, 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » May 31st, 2013, 4:06 am

Best tip for Razergore I can give is that healing pulls aggro.

I play as a warlock so use Burning Rush to take my health down to 10-15% before killing the 3 adds and using the orb. You then get roughly 20-30 secs free time so I take Razergore and do the furthest eggs away, usually clear the back platform before the adds come. As I'm healing myself passively the adds mostly flock to me, if a lot are on Razergore I just run nearer to me and they go to me instead. Razergore does take a little damage from the mages. I can stand 2 MC's before needing to AOE the adds down, and using Ember Tap to heal back to 50% and usually the eggs are clear by the 3rd. Then he goes down super fast.

I can usually kill the dragon before I get the death debuff, but I soulstone just in case.

Burning Rush lets me walk at normal speed through the suppression rooms, but I do need to stop once or twice to Rain of Fire / Ember Tap my health back.

The only other boss of note is Chromaggus who can be a pain. Some mobs drop hourglass sands which clear the bronze affliction, but the rest you can't clear with all classes. I pop all CD's and try to kill him asap. Only once he's got me with his debuffs and I've had to wait 5 mins for them to clear before I had control of my character and got to try again.

Easily the hardest raid to solo still.