Tito...

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Tito...

Post by Luciandk » May 23rd, 2013, 4:28 pm

I had been eager to try out and play with Tito in pet battling, as his stats wasn't known yet.

But now his stats have been added to the site and Im a fairly bit disappointed with him being a P/S breed >.< Way too many statpoints wasted in speed, yet not being speedy enough to ensure you will have the lead. Plus his abilities seems fairly weak, both slot 1 attacks are 100% hitters with no damage boost to them. Look at what happened to Crush, 80% chance to hit and a massive damage buff, which a breed 4 Netherspace Abyssal packs -QUITE- the wallop with!

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Re: Tito...

Post by Poofah » May 23rd, 2013, 5:38 pm

I agree, he's disappointing. 297 speed is decently high but will lose to any team that actually cares about speed, ie brooms/rabbits and teams packing a speed buff/debuff. And he doesn't have any abilities that particularly benefit from speed anyway. Howl is pretty mediocre because there's no larger-than-normal attack to pair it with, and Buried Treasure is a terrible heal for such a low-health pet.

Abyssal is interesting, although I wish he had a better slot 2. Crush is excellent; Nether Gate is excellent, even if it would be nicer on a faster pet. Explode is awkward because it kills him but barely does more damage than Crush, albeit with 100% accuracy (Explode is 560 on the breed 4, Crush is 500). And you have to survive 5+ rounds to make Immolation better than Crush, or else you have to plan on swapping him out.

More so than the new 5.3 pets, I feel like several very good older pets got the best out of the new low-accuracy moves. Three of the highest-power pets in the game received an 85% accuracy move with 26 base damage: Lil Rag, Lil Deathwing, and Stunted Shardhorn. Those guys can all 3-shot anything below 1500 health using just base attacks, with 60% chance that all 3 hits land (Abyssal can do the same but with a 50% chance that all 3 hits land).

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Tito...

Post by Luciandk » May 23rd, 2013, 6:06 pm

Then look at Fiendish Imp, the second pet with Nether Gate

And interesting words on [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet], Tail slap used to be stronger than Shadowflame. Now it is pretty much the only choice.