BoF life exchange killed

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us
BoF life exchange killed

Post by Dakaf » May 21st, 2013, 5:11 pm

They severely nerfed the beast of fable pets health. This basically kills life exchange. Now they have a lot higher stats and your spells do 50% less damage against them. Time to rethink strategies!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: BoF life exchange killed

Post by Luciandk » May 21st, 2013, 5:57 pm

What a clever nerf. How much hp do they have now? And how is their stats, is it completely hopeless to even think of outspeeding them now?

Hrm. Seems pets with Howl would prove to be immensely useful. Chrominius and Core Hound Pup for Howl and high raw damage and some evasion while damaging.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » May 21st, 2013, 6:36 pm

Back to Apocalypse tricks?

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » May 21st, 2013, 6:45 pm

So does this mean we'll have to actually learn a real strat? Say it isn't so!

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » May 21st, 2013, 11:07 pm

Tahsfenz wrote:So does this mean we'll have to actually learn a real strat? Say it isn't so!
Naah, not if you are done with them.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Kaycie
Pet Score:9851
BattleTag®:kaycied#1324
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Kaycie » May 21st, 2013, 11:37 pm

but but battle stones >< I don't want to wait for 5.4 in the hopes they ass some kind of stone exchange ( they didn't promise just mentioned they are looking into something for it)

I only need 21 more =(

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » May 22nd, 2013, 12:48 am

Well, due to their amazing Power ratings, you really are going to dread the healers. They have approx 1900 health now, but when they heal, they still regain about 700-1000. It is tough when your strong attacks are only doing 2-300 damage now. I did finish them all today though. Going to refine teams over next week. Might have to make separate team for each, rather than just each type.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 22nd, 2013, 1:14 am

Sounds like healing debuffs will actually be useful in pve, who would have imagined that.

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » May 22nd, 2013, 2:19 am

My first thoughts would be to try a darkness team - reduced healing, plus hard hitting attacks that always hit when target is blinded.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » May 22nd, 2013, 4:31 am

being on a EU realm i didn't have the chance to look into the changes yet, but if the beasts of fable bags weren't nerfed the quests will still be very well worth doing. battle stone drop chance is 5% per family, the normal bags have less than 1% chance per stone. and there are now 3 of those bags.

lets hope there are strats that won't take 20+ rounds. the apocalypse one sounds decent, that's only 9. add a few healers and one is good to go i guess.

edit: oh, i just realised it is 15 rounds for apocalypse, well, it'll prolly still be more viable than anything else against healers.

Adely
Pet Score:4378
BattleTag®:Adely#1848
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Adely » May 23rd, 2013, 8:40 am

I still use it on my Mini Mindslayer. The magic passive helps with the nukes like Pump and Eyeblast makes my pet go first so I can do a successful life exchange.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » May 23rd, 2013, 8:49 am

Why would you want to do life exchange when the HP pool is roughly the same? Am I missing something?

Dirkie
Pet Score:5479
BattleTag®:dirk#1435
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Dirkie » May 23rd, 2013, 10:07 am

Tried the fish one in Kunlai and after about six attempts gave up. Every time I hurt him he healed up to 100% then killed me.

Adely
Pet Score:4378
BattleTag®:Adely#1848
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Adely » May 23rd, 2013, 11:18 am

Deepfriedegg wrote:Why would you want to do life exchange when the HP pool is roughly the same? Am I missing something?
Mini Mindslayer with Eyeblast and Life Exchange doesn't really have any damage abilities unless you count Life Exchange as a damage ability. I use it as a setup pet before I bring in the hard hitters. Slow with Eyeblast and when my HP gets to < 300, I hit Life Exchange which will bring the BoF pet down to < 800 and heals my pet to about the same. By the time my Mindslayer dies, the other pet is close to or within execute range and I can bring in the Brilliant Kalari or Harbringer of Flame. You can also put up Amplify Magic before it dies to help with the execute damage and it can soak upto 2 pumps or other high damage nukes back-to-back owing to it's magic racial.

I'm not saying this is the best way to do it or even the most efficient, it was just something I hit upon while trying to get them down. You would also need a little luck as crits tend to mess up the numbers.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » May 24th, 2013, 5:09 am

Adely wrote:
Deepfriedegg wrote:Why would you want to do life exchange when the HP pool is roughly the same? Am I missing something?
Mini Mindslayer with Eyeblast and Life Exchange doesn't really have any damage abilities unless you count Life Exchange as a damage ability. I use it as a setup pet before I bring in the hard hitters. Slow with Eyeblast and when my HP gets to < 300, I hit Life Exchange which will bring the BoF pet down to < 800 and heals my pet to about the same. By the time my Mindslayer dies, the other pet is close to or within execute range and I can bring in the Brilliant Kalari or Harbringer of Flame. You can also put up Amplify Magic before it dies to help with the execute damage and it can soak upto 2 pumps or other high damage nukes back-to-back owing to it's magic racial.

I'm not saying this is the best way to do it or even the most efficient, it was just something I hit upon while trying to get them down. You would also need a little luck as crits tend to mess up the numbers.
I see, now I got your point :)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » May 24th, 2013, 1:34 pm

The BoF -50% damage buff doesn't affect Life Exchange, so it's still extremely efficient compared to other damaging abilities. For example, previously you might have your pet at 200 health and the BoF at 4000: Life Exchange would take 1900 health from the Beast. Now, you might have your pet at 200 health and the BoF at 2000: Life Exchange takes 900 health from the Beast. But because of the -50% buff, it would take 1800 damage worth of regular attacks to take off that 900 health, which makes it very similar in power to pre-5.3, at least in terms of damage. The only downside is you get roughly half as much healing from it, and it's more difficult to safely get yourself to very low health since the Beasts' damage comes in much bigger chunks. Mindslayer is a great choice now because Beast hits are often large enough to cap at 40% health due to the magic passive, so two hits from a Beast routinely takes him into the 250-300 range without much risk of dying, which is perfect for Life Exchange.

Raptorbait

Post by Raptorbait » May 27th, 2013, 11:40 am

This Lucky Yi is the most frustrating of all...still can't figure out a way to beat him down. :(