Beasts of Fable IMPOSSIABLE now with old teams, please help!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us
Beasts of Fable IMPOSSIABLE now with old teams, please help!

Post by Misstic » May 22nd, 2013, 12:34 am

I did just fine with beasts of fable quests. Now they made it WAY too hard. You know blizzard ALWAYS being extreme. Cant just make it a little harder, they went ALL OUT! Anyone have any new teams they have used? These are the teams I used to use. All rares.

Aquatic Team
-Pterrordax Hatchling
-Snowy Owl
-Garden Moth

Critter Team
-Flayer Youngling
-Tiny Harvester
-Stunted Yeti

Beast Team
-Clockwork Gnome
-Darkmoon Zeppelin
-Kun-Lai-Runt

Misstic
MVP

Re: Beasts of Fable IMPOSSIABLE now with old teams, please h

Post by Misstic » May 22nd, 2013, 2:31 am

bump, please help, about to cancel my account between this and the chess event. Not to mention PVP pet battle which I dont do. :-(

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » May 22nd, 2013, 2:47 am

Damn, my realm is still not up, so I haven't checked them yet. But what you say is alarming. I had trouble sometimes with the goat and the racoon before the patch, but if they are made even harder, that sucks.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » May 22nd, 2013, 3:06 am

They are a bit more difficult now. If you're wondering what's changed with them, it seems like they all had their health reduced by about half, BUT, they now have a buff (Elite) that reduces all damage they take by half. My guess is this was their response to the Life Exchange strategy. Their power has been buffed as well.

The first one I came up against was Dos-Ryga (the fish in Kun-Lai Summit). The normal team I use here got completely dominated here, and it really surprised me. I knew they were getting buffed, but I didn't expect it to actually be that much harder. The combination this one has with the half-damage buff and his heal is brutal. I switched up my team just a bit and went with a Gilnean Raven with his combination of Call Darkness for the healing debuff and a heavy hit with Nocturnal Strike. I was able to take him down with that and a couple moths with some heavy hits.

Going up against Nitun, I kind of knew what to expect. Even so, he opened with a Prowl + Ravage combo that nearly one-shot my first pet, then the second hit from his Ravage finished it off and the heal completely voided all the damage I had done. Luckily, my first pet here has always been an Alpine Fox Kit, and I was able to put out a Howl which let my Flayer Youngling take a huge chunk out of his health. Then when he was about to use Ravage to finish off the Flayer and heal again, I used Reflect and was able to finish him off.

Ka'wi the Gorger didn't pose too much of a problem.My Alpine Fox Kit got in a couple Howl-buffed Bites to start out and when he died my Widow Spiderling hit it with Brittle Webbing, which is pretty good against the Moth Balls, followed by Spiderling Swarm. Flayer Youngling was able to clean up no problem.

I thought Lucky Yi was going to be more of a problem than he was, with his heal. I used the same team here as with Ka'wi, Alpine Fox Kit, Widow Spiderling, and Flayer Youngling. Flayer Youngling is really good here, since he takes less damage from the only attack and heals a bit on top of that.

I took Greyhoof down using the same strategy I always have. Tranquil Mechanical Yeti hits him with a Supercharged Call Lightning then beats him with his Metal Fist until he dies. Then my Clockwork Gnome picks it up with Build Turret, it's gimped by the Elite buff, but still seems worth it. I didn't even have to use a third pet here.

Skitterer Xi'a wasn't that bad either. Flyers seem to be my most shallow pool of 25's, but I have a couple moths I like to use. Moth Dust hits really hard when it actually lands, and they can soak up some damage with Cocoon Strike.

For Gorespine I had to change up my whole strategy here. I used to use my Tranquil Mechanical Yeti's Lightning Storm here. The extra damage Gorespine would get from his bleed plust the storm damage was more than made up for by the huge hits my mechanicals would dish out. With the increased damage I'd seen thus far though, I didn't think this would be the case any more. I still used the Yeti here, but skipped the Lightning Storm, Supercharging his Metal Fist instead. This was able to soften him up enough that my Darkmoon Tonk was able to finish him off with Ion Cannon.

No-No was another I had no problem with. Using my Yellow Moth I was able to hit him right away with Moth Dust followed by No-No putting up his dam followed by Dive. I just passed the turns waiting for him to break his own dam which brought Moth Dust off cooldown and actually put him to sleep. I admit I probably got lucky here.

Ti'un the Wanderer was one I was actually dreading. The Elite buff coupled with his Shell Shield was not something I was looking forward to. For this I just tried to power through it as best I could with two moths throwing Moth Dust around for (I hoped) enough damage to outlast him. When he gets a Pump off, it's goodnight for whatever pet you have out. Brute force is what I recommend here. Powerful moths and try to get the Cocoon Strike up for the Pump. I finished him off with my Gilnean Raven's Call Darkness + Nocturnal Strike.

I could see Kafi being a real problem sometimes. If he manages to get a stun, that's probably game over. He didn't manage it against me, luckily, and I took him out with just my Tranquil Mechanical Yeti and Clockwork Gnome.

I've always just taken a brute force approach to the Beasts of Fable, and that still works, mostly. The ones you have to watch for are the ones that can heal (Dos-Ryga, Nitun, and Lucky Yi), Ti'un (even your large hits seem pathetic with his damage reduction, and his pump is LETHAL), and Kafi (if he manages a stun).

Sorry, this ended up pretty long. I hope it can help someone.

Lilmisslala
Pet Score:2501
Realm:Blackwing Lair-us

Post by Lilmisslala » May 22nd, 2013, 4:34 am

I am sorry to learn that someone else has encountered the same issue I am currently having but am reassured knowing that I'm not the only one that noticed that my previous "teams" were not up to par. Wow, I cannot for the life of me seem to beat Dos-Ryga (sp?) and here I was all excited that Blizzard finally found some sense by dividing these quests up into multiple parts. I suppose I will need to go back and level many of my other pets in order to be able to successfully complete these battles. However, I am disappointed that this will now take even more time (I don't mind the effort) than just doing all 11 or 12 of the battles in order to complete a Beasts of Fable daily. Sigh, I really am truly shocked that so far, out of my 30+ level 25 pets I have yet to find the right combination to win ONE of these elite battles so clearly I no longer either understand the concept here or things really did get extremely, well extreme. I'm sure I will figure it out although quite frankly a lot of the fun has been taken out of doing this so perhaps it's time to take that step back and just enjoy the pets I have as if this is the direction pet battling is going, I'm not sure I want to continue. I like the idea of pet battling being one of the more mundane aspects of the game. Thanks for the suggestions that were posted so far and best of luck to all =^..^=

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » May 22nd, 2013, 4:44 am

to whom ever who has problem with the new BoF, i suggest trying a cockroach with apocalypse and healers/stunners/avoiders before going back and power-levelling a number of specific pets. i haven't had the chance yet to try it but it'll be the first thing i will do once i get around to battles later today. there might be more efficient solutions to some of the beasts for sure, but against healers and mad hard-hitters this might be a viable combo and it is capped to 15 rounds.

the bag rewards are too valuable to skip on these quests, especially now with 3 of them and boa stones and that 50% XP buff item.

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » May 22nd, 2013, 6:49 am

Misstic wrote:bump, please help, about to cancel my account between this and the chess event. Not to mention PVP pet battle which I dont do. :-(
Chess Event has been nerfed per today's hotfix list. Also see the strat I posted in the Quick and Dirty Primer thread.
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » May 22nd, 2013, 6:58 am

BoF was never meant to be a cakewalk. I beat each one on the first try besides Nitun, who took 5 or 6. Call me crazy, but it was nice to have a challenge instead of mindlessly using the same team and usually soloing the pets. It was a very cleaver buff if you ask me. So you get 3 bags but yu gotta work for them. Plus you don't have to do all three.

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » May 22nd, 2013, 7:00 am

Out of all BoF the biggest problem was Skitterer Xi'a to my surprise. This little bugger gives me a headache. Who would've thought.

Finkployd
Pet Score:4153
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Finkployd » May 22nd, 2013, 7:10 am

I use the same team for every beast of fable. Soul of the Aspects, Sprite Darter Hatchling, and Snowy Owl. Solar beam, take down some health, either die or switch depending on the enemy pet, life exchange when my sprite darter is lower health, take some more hp down, finish off with predatory strike from the snowy owl. Works every time

Luminata
Top Rater
Pet Score:4030
BattleTag®:squigglygirl#2699
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Luminata » May 22nd, 2013, 8:51 am

The Sunlight/Life Exchange/Predatory Strike combo certainly works nowhere near as well in 5.3 since the legendary pet buffs and the nerf to Predatory Strike. Time to find a new combo.

And Nitun is a bit of a joke.

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » May 22nd, 2013, 9:43 am

The Fabled Aquatics were the only ones I had any real trouble with. When I saw the healing that damn fish was doing, I switched to my Call Darkness/ Nocturnal Strike team: Feline Familiar, Crow, Lil Deathwing. Didn't even need to use the dragon. Probably will need to look at my options today to come up with a better team, because it only barely won against Ti'un (which I think was the second biggest pain in the butt, seeing as my old team wasn't even doing any damage due to his new attack debuff and his old shield ability).

Critter Trample team (Stunted Shardhorn, Clefthoof Runt, and Harbringer of Fame) and Beast Nuke from Orbit team ( Mechanical Yeti, Clockwork Rocketbot, and Personal World Destroyer) still worked fine for me. May have needed to use everyone on the team now, but didn't have to fight any of them more than once.

Exel
Pet Score:2852
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Exel » May 22nd, 2013, 2:53 pm

For aquatics Vampiric Batling or anything else with Reckless Strike. Basically, you can almost solo them like that. Add Brilliant Kaliri or some other similar pet to finish them off.

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » May 22nd, 2013, 4:43 pm

Chrth wrote:
Misstic wrote:bump, please help, about to cancel my account between this and the chess event. Not to mention PVP pet battle which I dont do. :-(
Chess Event has been nerfed per today's hotfix list. Also see the strat I posted in the Quick and Dirty Primer thread.
Nope still cant beat. Thanks everyone for advice, off to try suggestions and if it doesnt work Im out.

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » May 22nd, 2013, 4:59 pm

Exel wrote:For aquatics Vampiric Batling or anything else with Reckless Strike. Basically, you can almost solo them like that. Add Brilliant Kaliri or some other similar pet to finish them off.
Sorry you are on crack, or talking about before the patch, still not do-able.

Misstic
MVP

Post by Misstic » May 22nd, 2013, 5:11 pm

NathKnave wrote:They are a bit more difficult now. If you're wondering what's changed with them, it seems like they all had their health reduced by about half, BUT, they now have a buff (Elite) that reduces all damage they take by half. My guess is this was their response to the Life Exchange strategy. Their power has been buffed as well.

The first one I came up against was Dos-Ryga (the fish in Kun-Lai Summit). The normal team I use here got completely dominated here, and it really surprised me. I knew they were getting buffed, but I didn't expect it to actually be that much harder. The combination this one has with the half-damage buff and his heal is brutal. I switched up my team just a bit and went with a Gilnean Raven with his combination of Call Darkness for the healing debuff and a heavy hit with Nocturnal Strike. I was able to take him down with that and a couple moths with some heavy hits.

Going up against Nitun, I kind of knew what to expect. Even so, he opened with a Prowl + Ravage combo that nearly one-shot my first pet, then the second hit from his Ravage finished it off and the heal completely voided all the damage I had done. Luckily, my first pet here has always been an Alpine Fox Kit, and I was able to put out a Howl which let my Flayer Youngling take a huge chunk out of his health. Then when he was about to use Ravage to finish off the Flayer and heal again, I used Reflect and was able to finish him off.

Ka'wi the Gorger didn't pose too much of a problem.My Alpine Fox Kit got in a couple Howl-buffed Bites to start out and when he died my Widow Spiderling hit it with Brittle Webbing, which is pretty good against the Moth Balls, followed by Spiderling Swarm. Flayer Youngling was able to clean up no problem.

I thought Lucky Yi was going to be more of a problem than he was, with his heal. I used the same team here as with Ka'wi, Alpine Fox Kit, Widow Spiderling, and Flayer Youngling. Flayer Youngling is really good here, since he takes less damage from the only attack and heals a bit on top of that.

I took Greyhoof down using the same strategy I always have. Tranquil Mechanical Yeti hits him with a Supercharged Call Lightning then beats him with his Metal Fist until he dies. Then my Clockwork Gnome picks it up with Build Turret, it's gimped by the Elite buff, but still seems worth it. I didn't even have to use a third pet here.

Skitterer Xi'a wasn't that bad either. Flyers seem to be my most shallow pool of 25's, but I have a couple moths I like to use. Moth Dust hits really hard when it actually lands, and they can soak up some damage with Cocoon Strike.

For Gorespine I had to change up my whole strategy here. I used to use my Tranquil Mechanical Yeti's Lightning Storm here. The extra damage Gorespine would get from his bleed plust the storm damage was more than made up for by the huge hits my mechanicals would dish out. With the increased damage I'd seen thus far though, I didn't think this would be the case any more. I still used the Yeti here, but skipped the Lightning Storm, Supercharging his Metal Fist instead. This was able to soften him up enough that my Darkmoon Tonk was able to finish him off with Ion Cannon.

No-No was another I had no problem with. Using my Yellow Moth I was able to hit him right away with Moth Dust followed by No-No putting up his dam followed by Dive. I just passed the turns waiting for him to break his own dam which brought Moth Dust off cooldown and actually put him to sleep. I admit I probably got lucky here.

Ti'un the Wanderer was one I was actually dreading. The Elite buff coupled with his Shell Shield was not something I was looking forward to. For this I just tried to power through it as best I could with two moths throwing Moth Dust around for (I hoped) enough damage to outlast him. When he gets a Pump off, it's goodnight for whatever pet you have out. Brute force is what I recommend here. Powerful moths and try to get the Cocoon Strike up for the Pump. I finished him off with my Gilnean Raven's Call Darkness + Nocturnal Strike.

I could see Kafi being a real problem sometimes. If he manages to get a stun, that's probably game over. He didn't manage it against me, luckily, and I took him out with just my Tranquil Mechanical Yeti and Clockwork Gnome.

I've always just taken a brute force approach to the Beasts of Fable, and that still works, mostly. The ones you have to watch for are the ones that can heal (Dos-Ryga, Nitun, and Lucky Yi), Ti'un (even your large hits seem pathetic with his damage reduction, and his pump is LETHAL), and Kafi (if he manages a stun).

Sorry, this ended up pretty long. I hope it can help someone.
Thank you SO Much for this post. I too have been trying only Dos-Ryga. I did not have the raven leveled so I used Scourged Whelpling instead, along with Guardian Cub, and Dark Phoenix Hatchling. Thank you again, I will make my rounds with your other suggestions now.

Wish
Pet Score:3194
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Wish » May 22nd, 2013, 5:32 pm

Dramatic much? They're not even that hard; much more fun to fight against now.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » May 22nd, 2013, 6:03 pm

I beat the fish guy with just an all flying group... you need a lot of RNG to break your way though, mostly bad AI on his healing spells. he healed first when he had no damage, and then failed to heal for the final two rounds when i finally killed him and his heal was off CD.

Other than that, it will just be a cheese tactic.. you are going to need 3 pets with Call Darkness to debuff his heal.

The rest of them I killed on the 1st or 2nd try and I only have about 30 level 25 pets, with nothing really exciting to choose from. They all have just one trick that you have to overcome to beat.. for instance, you gotta know when that ´if kills target heals´.. is coming and have a dodge/avoid up waiting for it.

None of them except the fish in Kun Lai requires any type of special team. They simply nerfed the life-steal predatory strike cheese attack and made the encounter difficult enough where you can´t just plug in any 3 strong against them pets and win. The other piece of good news is the fish is also part of Book 1, which has 4 battles. Book 2 and 3 have only 3 pets to fight. Just do 2 and 3 and skip 1, they all reward the same bag.

I have a feeling the fish is going to be nerfed by Blizzard. I doubt they expect players to have 2 pets at 25 with a rather obscure ability.

Malibu12s
MVP
Pet Score:3491
BattleTag®:MaxVanquish#1244
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Malibu12s » May 22nd, 2013, 8:29 pm

I didn't notice a difference....

My teams are as follows:

Effervescent Glowfly (Slicing wind, Cocoon Strike, Glowing Toxin)
Shrine Fly <-- He's faster and stronger than the glowfly (Same setup as glowfly)
Pterrodax Hatchling (sp?) (Slicing wind, Ancient Blessing, Lift-off)

These guys handled the fish in Kun-lai with ease.

Beast team:

Cogblade Raptor (Setup to use batter and expose wounds other ability doesn't matter as you are already faster)
Clockwork Gnome (Turret, Punch and repair)
Any other Mechanical will do here as long as they are strong against beast. (I forgot what I use without my journal right in front of me.)

Critter team:
Cogblade Raptor (Bite, Overtune, and Expose wounds) I used this guy last night cause I was too lazy to switch him out but you could use any pet strong against critter here.
Elder Python (Bite, Sting, Burrow) Anyone strong against critter is good here.
Chrominius (Bite, Howl, Ravage)

I had no problems beating all the BoFs last night. I did notice that the hits did less damage but paid it no attention as i was still able to kill them all with ease. In some cases, I didn't even need the third pet. Worth noting, this isn't my usual critter crew. I don't remember off hand what my usual crew is without logging in and going to my journal but basically you need three pets with three abilities all strong against critter and you'll have no issue. The critter team above handled them last night and basically cogblades overtune is worthless. Just make sure expose wounds is the last thing he casts before death. If you bring in Chrominius right after you should be golden. This is what works for me. Hope it helps some of you out there...

Cheers,
Max

Krool
Top Rater
Pet Score:10363
BattleTag®:Krool#1722
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Krool » May 22nd, 2013, 8:34 pm

I have not tried the new BOF battles yet, however I have always used two moths and gilnean raven on Dos-Ryga. I'll go tonight and use my normal teams on each BoF and give you an update on how it goes.

As for Chess Event: The RNG of Medivh cheating is going to always be a problem, but there are steps you can take to mitigate it some. The minute I see "Medivh Cheats" I jump out of whatever piece I'm in and run over to the king so I can move him as quickly as the buff drops off. If you leave him sit in the fire, you're going to lose. (On the plus side, the first chess run I made last night Medivh cheated but put fire on the OPPOSING king!! LOL.) My game plan on chess is similar to what Chrth posted in his Quick and Dirty primer. The first piece I move is the pawn in front of the queen, then I move the pawn in front of the kings-bishop. Usually that's when the first Medivh Cheats hits and I move my king out of fire. After that I move both rooks out and in towards the middle. At this point I either try to jump in a bishop and toss a heal on my king, or jump in the queen and dump some damage on the opposing king. By this point I should be able to just jump in my king and cleave down my opponent. Keep in mind, your pieces will damage the opponent even without you controlling them. The thing is to get your pawns and rooks out to run interference and whiddle down the opposing healers/king.

That said... If Chess is still giving you problems, partner up with someone who also collects pets. My guildmate and I usually solo everything, but we decided to duo Lady Vashj just to make it go quicker. (Having alts helps TREMENDOUSLY with this.)