Soloying Lady Vashj

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sergio82
Pet Score:4832
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Soloying Lady Vashj

Post by Sergio82 » May 20th, 2013, 8:54 am

Ok,

So i´ve figured out how to to solo all of the new raid bosses with pets. Level 90 (or even 80+) should have no problems with any of them from a dps/survival point of view, my concern is with unique mechanics.

Last time I face Vashj she had a root mechnics that made it impossible to deacivate her pilars by yourself, is that is going on? is there a way around that?

Voidreaver can also be a pain for caster (aoe silence) but its manageable. The other boss TK (forget name) also has a weird ability that prety much requires slow fall abilituies, but manageable again. Karazan chess can be annoying but after doing it once it becomes just a time sink kind of thing.

Ans last but not least, hail RNG for opera event (I suspect that will be the hardest/most expensive pet, since its a 25% event and 15% drop rate, so an average of 26 weeks per alt to grab one!). If anyone knows a way to reset/force the right event, let me know.

Thanks and good luck to all farmers!

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Re: Soloying Lady Vashj

Post by Chrth » May 20th, 2013, 9:09 am

The root mechanic for Vashj was removed back somewhere around 4.3.

EDIT: Also, my understanding of Opera Event is that you can not control which one you get. Fortunately Kara up to that point is laughably easy so you can throw all your 85+ alts at it; only requires you to down Moroes to get to it (although feel free to take a stab at Midnight while you're there).
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 20th, 2013, 9:24 am

Might be a silly question but is Karazhan on the normal lock out still? You can only complete once per week?

I ask because AQ10 resets every 2? 3? days now. It's probably just my wishful thinking that Karazhan, also being a 10 man instance, is on the same reset cycle as AQ10. :oops:
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Chrth

Post by Chrth » May 20th, 2013, 9:30 am

Quintessence wrote:Might be a silly question but is Karazhan on the normal lock out still? You can only complete once per week?

I ask because AQ10 resets every 2? 3? days now. It's probably just my wishful thinking that Karazhan, also being a 10 man instance, is on the same reset cycle as AQ10. :oops:
Kara is still a one-week lockout. As far as I remember, only AQ10 is on a 3-day lockout now (one or both of the Zul raids were on a 3-day lockout until they were replaced by the 5-man dungeons).

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » May 20th, 2013, 11:17 am

If you kill Kael first, casters can all equip the staff and then Void Reaver is no problem.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » May 20th, 2013, 11:49 am

Catalytic wrote:If you kill Kael first, casters can all equip the staff and then Void Reaver is no problem.

Thats a great tip thanks a lot. I was wondering how as a mage I was going to get through the Void Reaver fight. I didn't even think about the staff.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Dazer
Pet Score:10104
BattleTag®:Dazer#2240
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Dazer » May 20th, 2013, 7:18 pm

Chrth wrote:EDIT: Also, my understanding of Opera Event is that you can not control which one you get. Fortunately Kara up to that point is laughably easy so you can throw all your 85+ alts at it; only requires you to down Moroes to get to it (although feel free to take a stab at Midnight while you're there).
Much like Halfus, Stone Guard and the old 'random' boss in ZG, I would expect the opera event to be fixed region-wide each week.

Chrth

Post by Chrth » May 21st, 2013, 7:05 am

Dazer wrote: Much like Halfus, Stone Guard and the old 'random' boss in ZG, I would expect the opera event to be fixed region-wide each week.
I'm pretty sure it used to be the case, but I'm not sure if it's still the case. Guess we'll find out soon!

I'm going to add this comment to my "Quick and Dirty" post tho so people are aware and once I can confirm either way I'll update.

Waveryn
Pet Score:13678
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » May 21st, 2013, 7:29 am

I recently just got on the PTR again and tried 2 days to solo lady Vashj and failed, I could not find any tainted elementals to kill for the phase she is immuned to everything. Some say they do not come up the stairs and it is possible I missed them but if they spawn like the other mobs I find that hard to believe as I was alive for quite a while killing elites and long legg thingys running all over and never saw any and this fight will not reset I tried leaving and the elites and leggs follow me everywhere and with the leggs fearing eventually I died. (Shrug)
Wave

Chrth

Post by Chrth » May 21st, 2013, 7:46 am

About one in every 10(?) elementals that spawn is a tainted one, and they despawn if you don't kill them within 20 seconds. DBM-core will announce when one spawns, and you should create a target macro so you can instantly target and kill them.

EDIT: And yes, I'm pretty sure they do not come up the stairs.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 21st, 2013, 8:37 am

Waveryn wrote:I recently just got on the PTR again and tried 2 days to solo lady Vashj and failed, I could not find any tainted elementals to kill for the phase she is immuned to everything. Some say they do not come up the stairs and it is possible I missed them but if they spawn like the other mobs I find that hard to believe as I was alive for quite a while killing elites and long legg thingys running all over and never saw any and this fight will not reset I tried leaving and the elites and leggs follow me everywhere and with the leggs fearing eventually I died. (Shrug)
I solo'd Vashj as a moonkin (lvl 90, average ilvl 518 healing gear lol). The tainted elemental phase took a really long time to get through, but it's possible. You just need to keep an eye out for the poison blobs that fly through the air, and backtrack to find where they came from. I found it helped to try and keep the regular elementals from reaching Vashj whenever the tainted ones weren't up or if there wasn't a strider/naga to kite/kill. Dots are really useful this phase.

Since the tainted elementals are on a timer, she will get buffed by the regular elementals no matter how many you try to kill. It's unavoidable but it's manageable. It may hurt in the last phase, though, since she'll have tons of stacks on her.

Last note, if you decide to go with a friend to kill Vashj, make sure you leave it on Free For All loot, so everyone can pick up the tainted cores. A friend and I had it on group loot and it just made the phase take even longer since I had to loot what he killed. >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Waveryn
Pet Score:13678
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » May 21st, 2013, 11:38 am

Thanks Chrth and Quintessence, all sounds fun except Kara, I have done it so little I get lost and can find Moros and the opera but have no clue where the other bosser are LoL.
Wave

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » May 21st, 2013, 12:31 pm

I get lost in those raids like you can not believe. LMAO I am going to have to go with a friend as a guide or I'll spend more time looking to find my way then actually killing the bosses. Quintessence I am so jealous of your gear can I haz? Night Elf Druid gear look far cooler then Tauren Druid gear. PLus you have 7 ilvls on me. Yea! Druids!

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » May 22nd, 2013, 4:00 am

Tried her a few times tonight, simply couldn't do it. I'm going to use the other pets I farm to trade for this one ug.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » May 22nd, 2013, 11:20 am

Just another small note on the Vashj encounter. I tried her again last night and she pretty much smooshed my face. Why? Because I missed one of the Tainted Elemental Cores and because I neglected to kill the normal elementals when there was nothing else to do. The second phase dragged out way too long and by the end she had over 30 stacks of the buff on her going into the last phase. So many buffs paired with her stun is killer. :(

So if you're looking to do it alone, some stuff to keep in mind:
  • 1 - Be absolutely sure to pick up Tainted Cores and USE them. If you attempt to loot one with one still in your bags, it will bug out and the second one will despawn on the body. Check to make sure you have auto-loot on if you have to.

2 - Kill as many normal elementals before they reach her if you have nothing else to kill. Kill the strider and naga, they slow you down otherwise. Priority is always the Tainted elementals though. Tainted > Strider / Naga > Normal elementals.

3 - Don't let her buff get to more than 20-25. (This number may be different depending on your lvl and gear ilvl.)

4 - If you have any stun breaks, immunities, or self heals, be ready to use them in the last phase.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 22nd, 2013, 11:38 am

She is possible to solo even at 99 stacks. I did it today on my Ele Sham, so don't give up if you miss a few Tainted Elementals.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » May 22nd, 2013, 3:08 pm

I solo'd her today as a hunter iLevel 492. The tainted ones stay at the bottom of the stairs so I just ran around the bottom of the stairs in the hope of spotting one.
Had to use a 120k health potion and had around 10% health left when she died.

It's really a matter of luck really. You have to spot the tainted elementals and kill them asap before they despawn.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » May 23rd, 2013, 12:45 am

Solo´d lady ash today. Bear form with ilvl 505ish.

In phase two, the tainted ones do not come up the stairs. You really have to pay attention the the green blobs that are hitting you as that will give you a hint on what direction the tainted ones are. Make sure you loot and use one core at a time. It won´t let you pick up the second one.

Phase 2 lasts a long time just waiting for the tainted to spawn.

VERY VERY annoying fight because there are a bunch of roots and fears.

I just checked on more populated servers and these are selling for only a few k each.. definitely worth skipping if you are having trouble and instead use the time to farm other ones on your alts.

Lil Bad Wolf, is already down to only 4k on Illidian with plenty to buy at that price.. I was sure that was going to be the hard one to get.. I did all the bosses today, but will probably skip a bunch of them next time... just not worth it for something that only sells for a few k anyway

Bachomp
MVP
Pet Score:13005
BattleTag®:bachomp#1493
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Bachomp » May 23rd, 2013, 8:44 am

I did end up soloing Vashj with my Warrior in prot. Second wind helped a ton. It was still really close.

Appears i was extremely lucky as well, i got my lil bad wolf off opera last night.