Darkmoon Rabbit Inquiry and my thoughts

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Darkmoon Rabbit Inquiry and my thoughts

Post by Luciandk » April 27th, 2013, 9:25 pm

I am feeling tempted to buy a Darkmoon Rabbit, seeing a S/S breed one on my AH
http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/cr ... on-rabbit/

But does anyone whom have one, have experience with using it in pet battles?

Unlike standard rabbits that comes with Flurry as their Slot1 secondary move, the DMR packs a nonspeed dependent dot move that doesnt seem nearly as powerful, until you consider it together with Stampede.

The second difference is slot 2, where it comes with a speedbooster that is stronger than normal rabbits, but lasting 1 turn less. Whereas the alternative is dodge, which benefits much more from having a high basespeed and being able to pull it off to stymy enemy attacks.

Slot 3 have the standard burrow, high damage + evasion but with a noticeable chance of missing, vs stampede. Burrow would also benefit from a high speed to go first. Whereas stampede leaves you open to hits and locked for 3 turns, but in the DMR's case it seems there could be a synergy with the dot slot1 move and having a high speed. Cast Huge Sharp Teeth, then stampede. When stampede ends, immediately cast dodge, and if you are faster than your enemy, you get two turns of evasion. That should keep you alive long enough to pull a second stampede.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Re: Darkmoon Rabbit Inquiry and my thoughts

Post by Tiggindy » April 28th, 2013, 8:13 pm

I haven't used it in PvP, but I have used it a bit in tamer fights in place of a different rabbit.

It's basically the same as other rabbits, as far as effectiveness from what I can see.

IMO, Stampede is a bad ability in general. If the enemy has a shield, it's useless (not even the debuff hits anymore). Combined with the fact that all you're doing is stampeding for 3 rounds and even with debuff, it's low damage.

[ability]Huge, Sharp Teeth![/ability] is basically the same thing as poison fang, only with different damage sources, and suffers the same fate as stampede if the opponent has a shield.

Viscious Streak is basically the same as the mechanical ability Overtune

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » April 28th, 2013, 8:37 pm

I see, thank you.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » April 28th, 2013, 9:41 pm

I should have said, as long as the enemy isn't one that uses shell shield, or it's equivalent, your idea of using the dot with stampede is probably useful, since you'd be doing greater damage than with just scratch.

You're looking at 111x2+61x2=344 each round vs 247, but you still have to deal with being stuck unable to do anything but stampede every round for those 3 rounds. So you can't trigger dodge or swap pets.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » May 7th, 2013, 10:45 am

I aquired an S/S Darkmoon Rabbit and named it Murder. After getting it leveled up to 25 and trying it out, I can say its much better when using the following setup:

Huge Sharp Teeth, Dodge, Burrow. With the high speed and 2x evasion moves with a potential damage spike you nearly always will pull off first. Plus a dot move that keeps ticking while you are evading. Can last for quite a while.

Also the bleed from Huge Sharp Teeth always ticks on the turn it was applied. So if the enemy have no damage shield move. Then HST will always deliver 11 damage more per turn when spamming it, compared to Scratch. However its strenght really shows when you are using the evasion moves instead of attacking, and the bleed dot keeps ticking while you are doing doing.

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Duroxas » May 21st, 2013, 2:05 am

I personally like to use my S/S Darkmoon Rabbit against the Pandaren Earth Spirit - Its reliably able to take down the spirit itself with 6-700 health remaining (the dot ticks on it while I'm underground and dodging, making the damage more consistant), and it gets an extra strong attack against Sludgy.