Switching battle stones in 5.3?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us
Switching battle stones in 5.3?

Post by Catalytic » May 17th, 2013, 5:16 am

I swear I read on here somewhere that we would be able to exchange battle stones in 5.3 for a different family. Am I hallucinating? If I didn't completely make this up, does anyone know what the requirements/currency to do this is?

(What I mean is I have quite a few family specific stones (UD, aquatic, dragon, magic, humanoid, etc) that I don't need anymore. I need tons of flying, beast, and critter, though. I thought I read that I would be able to trade the ones I don't need for the ones I do.)

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Switching battle stones in 5.3?

Post by Dragonwizard » May 17th, 2013, 5:52 am

I think you saw people talking about wanting Blizzard to do that. I'm not positive on it but I do believe Blizzard has said something about wanting to do something along these lines but it is definitly NOT in 5.3.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 17th, 2013, 6:33 am

What 5.3 introduces is to make it far easier to gain battle stones. Every battle or bag that doesnt yield a stone will have an increasing chance to yield one.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » May 17th, 2013, 11:20 am

Dragonwizard wrote:I think you saw people talking about wanting Blizzard to do that. I'm not positive on it but I do believe Blizzard has said something about wanting to do something along these lines but it is definitly NOT in 5.3.
I (and probably everyone else who has been obsessiv... I mean dilligent with the tamer dailies) have 50+ stones sitting around ... *sigh*

About the increasing chance of looting a stone from a bag though, I suppose it's based on a given char opening said bags during one session, and is reset if you log off to switch char?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 17th, 2013, 11:58 am

From the patch notes:

Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to Battle-Stones from pet supplies bags and wild battles. Each bag or battle that does not provide a stone has a progressively better chance to award a stone to the player.

Methinks its accountwide. Plus it effectively means if you want a pet stone of a specific type, just keep battling the appropiate mobs until one of the desired type pops.

Chrth
Pet Score:5078
BattleTag®:Chrth#1939
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Chrth » May 17th, 2013, 12:27 pm

I remember what you're talking about; there had been a vague comment from a Blue about something they were thinking of doing when asked about trading stones. I believe they specifically stated they wouldn't allow exchanges, but there was something else planned. Speculation: Being able to trade in a stone for one of the Bags?

Dash wrote: About the increasing chance of looting a stone from a bag though, I suppose it's based on a given char opening said bags during one session, and is reset if you log off to switch char?
Doubtful. The "bad luck streak protection" system was prompted by LFR/Coins. The system should remember your current streak and adjust accordingly regardless of logoff, etc.

I believe the streak protection will be on a per-character basis, however, not per-account. So if you have several toons opening the bags you may still see a run of bad luck that the system is not explicitly designed to counter.
Quick and Dirty Primer to Raiding With Leashes II:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Chess Event Strategy/Discussion:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4168

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Ackbah » May 17th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Can my bad luck streak be retro active plz thx? I had a 117 tamer bag streak with no stones...I was rollin in the hairballs though !!

Ack )

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » May 17th, 2013, 1:52 pm

I think the exchange system was 5.4 :ugeek: can. not. wait. Even if it is not a straight up 1:1 exchange.

From WCP news page April 25:

•Q: About rare pet battle-stones, i have about seven of a family that i don't need anymore, any chance we may be able to "trade" them for other family stones?

A: Working on something for this exact issue in 5.4. I feel your pain.

Saasan
Top Rater
Pet Score:5353
BattleTag®:Dredre#1692
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Saasan » May 17th, 2013, 2:08 pm

If anyone needs to uh, lighten, their load of stones, I could be convinced to take a few. :lol:

Kalnazzar
Pet Score:2004
BattleTag®:Kalnazzar#1737
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Kalnazzar » May 17th, 2013, 3:49 pm

If they would just make all pets tradable or most of them thin players could trade stones themselves by caging a pet and giving it to a person with the stone you need and in return you rare one they need with your extra stones.