What "Homage" pet would you like to see in the game?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: What "Homage" pet would you like to see in the game?

Post by Quintessence » April 30th, 2013, 2:49 pm

Would love a mini/baby [url=http://bioshock.wikia.com/wiki/Songbird]Songbird[/url] from Bioshock Infinite!

Rather than making it a mechanical type with flying attacks, I would much prefer a flying type with mechanical attacks. It would give us another effective counter-pet against beasts (the only other option, currently, is the Dragon Kite and it's not all that readily available for everyone).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tumblweed
Pet Score:2120
Realm:Anetheron-us

Post by Tumblweed » May 7th, 2013, 6:05 am

I'm probably showing my age a bit here, but two I'd like to see would be a tribble from the original Star Trek series, or Ubu Roi (the mascot from Ubu Productions... Good dog!).

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13861
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Greenstar » May 7th, 2013, 3:11 pm

How about a mini-Leviathan from Farscape? The name alone makes me chuckle. :D

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 7th, 2013, 3:14 pm

Greenstar wrote:How about a mini-Leviathan from Farscape? The name alone makes me chuckle. :D
It'd be cool if it was Moya, with a teeny Talyn flying around her too.

Malibu12s
MVP
Pet Score:3491
BattleTag®:MaxVanquish#1244
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Malibu12s » May 8th, 2013, 7:30 pm

Tumblweed wrote:I'm probably showing my age a bit here, but two I'd like to see would be a tribble from the original Star Trek series, or Ubu Roi (the mascot from Ubu Productions... Good dog!).

LMAO! When I read the thread title, this was the first thing that came to mind... the Ubu DOG! "Sit ubu sit, good dog!"

I recently purchased Skylanders for my kids. I noticed while reading about it that there is some connection between Activision and Blizzard. I wouldn't mind seeing any of the Skylander Giants in wow. Hot Head, Tree Rex, Crusher, Swarm (This one actually fits in with the Klaxxi--sort of.)

I'd really like to see Blingtron as a battle pet, but with unique abilities though... Abilities suited to the character. Bling - Does damage and also blinds the target... Princess Cut - Slashes the enemy for XXX with a diamond cut blade. I'm sure the community can come up with some better Bling specific abilites but you get the idea. The pet, would of course, be a rare drop from the blingtron.

Malibu12s
MVP
Pet Score:3491
BattleTag®:MaxVanquish#1244
Realm:Baelgun-us

Post by Malibu12s » May 8th, 2013, 7:33 pm

How about a mini Serenity, from Firefly?

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Dawayn » May 10th, 2013, 6:38 am

Robot Josef from [url=http://amanita-design.net/games/machinarium.html]Machinarium[/url] :)

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » May 10th, 2013, 8:20 pm

Robot from Lost in Space.

"Danger, Will Robenson!"

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 11th, 2013, 4:48 am

GilroyKilroy wrote:Robot from Lost in Space.

"Danger, Will Robenson!"
Hah! Yes!
Robot is awesome.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » May 14th, 2013, 2:52 pm

Here's another one: Tom and Jerry. and when Tom sees a Jerry in-game, he chases him around :)

Keavy
Top Rater
Pet Score:3862
Realm:Ahn'Qiraj-eu

Post by Keavy » August 7th, 2013, 2:36 pm

The Flying Carpet from Aladdin! The model is already in-game as a tailoring mount, so wouldn't be that much work for Blizzard.

And I would also love a Falkor pet from The Neverending Story!

Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us

Post by Laraven » August 8th, 2013, 12:44 pm

Still wtb a pony...

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Ackbah » August 8th, 2013, 3:22 pm

Woola, the lizard dog from the John Carter series. "Lassie of Mars"

Ack )

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » August 8th, 2013, 3:42 pm

I want to see a zombie pet, they have a million zombie models, pick one! name it Walker or something, (you know, Walking Dead)

or hey, one of those tiny Floodlings from Halo would be cool. or the oracle.

Smokes
Pet Score:2626
BattleTag®:Smokes#1457
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Smokes » August 9th, 2013, 12:00 am

Companion Cube from the portal games.

Qraljar
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Qraljar » August 9th, 2013, 12:26 am

I posted this on another forum before.. I think that more mechanical pets are a necessity, as they have comparatively less mechanical pets than the rest. In 5.1, they somewhat tried to fix that, but with that in mind, and my unbridled love for the Mass Effect series as well, I introduce:

Project XV20

Pet Type: Mechanical

Location: Engineering Schematic from Ulduar trash or Mimiron/Learned from Engineering Trainer/Special event.

Description: "After the defeat of Yogg-Saron, the Old God of Death in Ulduar during the assault on the Lich King in Northrend, Mekkatorque sent a team of gnomish engineers, guarded by alliance soldiers, into the depths of Ulduar to research the technological advancements within the former titanic facility and retrieve any invention of remarkable wonder. During the research, they found the schematic for Mimiron's newest creation, but fortunately for the heroes of Azeroth - it was left unfinished. As Mimiron's newest project, as well as an invention that was, according to the mechagnome, a creation that required priority level twenty, it was given the name 'Project XV20' to denote the fact that it was a work in progress, and that that finishing it was a task of utmost priority."

Abilities:

Earth Crush
Requires Pet Level 1
Descends and stomps the ground, causing a small shockwave that deals x damage(level dependent)to the main pet and 3/4th of the damage to the backline pets.

This ability lasts for 2 rounds.

Extra Plating
Requires Pet Level 2
4 Round Cooldown
"The user equips additional plating, reducing all damage taken by 50% for 3 rounds."

Demolish
Requires Pet Level 4
Rams the target, dealing x mechanical damage. (level dependent damage)

Magnetohydrodynamic Cannon
Requires Pet Level 10
1 Round Cooldown
200% Hit Chance
Blasts the enemy with a destructive red beam that deals x damage. (level dependent damage)

Repair
Requires Pet Level 15
3 Round Ability
5 Round Cooldown
Enters repair mode, performing no actions for two rounds, then repairs x health. (x amount level dependent)

Indoctrination
Requires Pet Level 20
7 Round Ability
9 Round Cooldown
A signal or energy field surrounds ProjectXV20, which subtly influences the minds of the selected backline pet, slowly crushing its will and forcing it to submit over time by reprogramming the active pet's brain or system through physical and psychological conditioning using electromagnet fields, infasonic and ultrasonic noise, and other subliminal methods. The resulting control over the limbic system leaves the victim highly susceptible to Project XV20's suggestions. Leads to complete control over the selected pet for 5 rounds, requires 2 rounds of passive indoctrination before fully activating. The backline pet starts attacking the active pet.

alternatively:

Indoctrination
Requires Pet Level 20
15 Round Ability
20 Round Cooldown
A signal or energy field surrounds Project XV20, which subtly influences the minds of the active pet, slowly crushing its will and forcing it to submit over time by reprogramming the active pet's brain or system through physical and psychological conditioning using electromagnet fields, infasonic and ultrasonic noise, and other subliminal methods. The resulting control over the limbic system leaves the victim highly susceptible to Project XV20's suggestions. The active pet will lose its will after 15 rounds, forfeiting the battle until it is over.

Other significant behavior outside of Pet Battles:

1. Project XV20 normally floats/hovers in the air. After a few moments of standing still, Project XV20 descends, landing on the ground on its 4 main appendages.

2. Project XV20 occasionally lands and uses its Magnetohydrodynamic Cannon on a nearby critter, instantly killing it.

3. Project XV20 occasionally lands and uses its Indoctrination ability on a nearby critter, either causing it to run around, disoriented, or attack a nearby critter if another is near, killing it.

4. Project XV20 occasionally whispers the player, trying to indoctrinate them. Due to the small, comparatively insignificant size and thus power, it does not have the appropriate effect it has on critters and other battle pets, leaving the whispers to be for nothing but fun and enjoyment.

Yes, I realize that, sadly, it will never happen. Even less so because of copyright issues, but let me dream! D:

Also, bonus picture:

I had a lot of fun creating this one, and I'll keep dreaming! And no, I don't think it's too crossoverish! We have Badrobot/Worserobot, Mini Thor, Mini Diablo, Murkablo, Mini Tyrael, Banelings and other crossover pets.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » August 9th, 2013, 7:26 am

Malibu12s wrote:
Tumblweed wrote:or Ubu Roi (the mascot from Ubu Productions... Good dog!).
LMAO! When I read the thread title, this was the first thing that came to mind... the Ubu DOG! "Sit ubu sit, good dog!"
That would be brilliant!
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » August 9th, 2013, 8:25 am

Qraljar wrote:I posted this on another forum before.. I think that more mechanical pets are a necessity, as they have comparatively less mechanical pets than the rest. In 5.1, they somewhat tried to fix that, but with that in mind, and my unbridled love for the Mass Effect series as well, I introduce:

Project XV20
What an incredibly detailed idea for a new pet! Love the possible idle animations/interactions and mock up images. Nicely done :)

The Reapers from Mass Effect would be a pretty cool homage pet, but I don't think Ulduar really fits them. It looks more insect/mantid-y than a Titan construct imo.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com