My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
User avatar
Avalee
 
Posts: 108
Joined: March 5th, 2012
Pet Score: 2807

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Avalee » April 30th, 2013, 8:39 am

Maizing wrote:The one pet I can't seem to get is Clock'em! I have managed to get to rank 2 at the Brawler's Guild... but that penguin just wipes the floor with me!

I believe the Penguin is one of the easiest one to battle. Every time you hit it, it knocks back. Only thing you need to look out for is that you don't corner it into a wall else it can't be knocked back. Ranged characters have it the easiest though.

Biggest problem I have is Ixx. I believe it's level 3 or 4. It has a one-shot ability and to avoid it, you need to stay real close to it. But I just get butchered that way. I guess I'll try him again when my iLevel is 800 or so. lol.
Last edited by Avalee on April 30th, 2013, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dakaf
MVP
 
Posts: 311
Joined: September 26th, 2012
Pet Score: 3591

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Dakaf » April 30th, 2013, 8:40 am

Maizing wrote:The one pet I can't seem to get is Clock'em! I have managed to get to rank 2 at the Brawler's Guild... but that penguin just wipes the floor with me!


The penguin just needs to be constantly hit. If he gets a peck off, it's insta death. If you can possibly do any ranged damage, you'll keep him bouncing to the wall and you should be able to down him relatively easily.
Image
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

User avatar
Schezka
 
Posts: 3
Joined: August 9th, 2008
Pet Score: 2930

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Schezka » April 30th, 2013, 8:53 am

I have it now, but the Magical Crawdad eluded me for years(got it right before MoP launched)! To add insult to injury, my daughter got it first time she went fishing for it.. :shock:

User avatar
Robotusch
 
Posts: 11
Joined: January 28th, 2008
Pet Score: 2451

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Robotusch » May 2nd, 2013, 7:31 am

Of the more odd ones, I can't for the life of me find a rare Twilight Iguana. I'm not interested in a particular breed, I just want a rare one. Been at it for quite a while now, I've yet to see one, and I refuse to spend a battle-stone on what should be a readily available wild pet.

User avatar
Maizing
 
Posts: 276
Joined: October 15th, 2012
Pet Score: 3522

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Maizing » May 2nd, 2013, 9:37 am

Robotusch wrote:Of the more odd ones, I can't for the life of me find a rare Twilight Iguana. I'm not interested in a particular breed, I just want a rare one. Been at it for quite a while now, I've yet to see one, and I refuse to spend a battle-stone on what should be a readily available wild pet.

It took me awhile to get a rare one of those too. They are time of day dependent and I did not realize that at first.

User avatar
Genie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2008
Pet Score: 3137

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Genie » May 2nd, 2013, 6:04 pm

Minfernal....is my nemesis. Once i get it i am going to battle with it, but pass...pass...pass just to see it die, repeatedly. :twisted:

User avatar
Maizing
 
Posts: 276
Joined: October 15th, 2012
Pet Score: 3522

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Maizing » May 4th, 2013, 10:22 pm

Dakaf wrote:
Maizing wrote:The one pet I can't seem to get is Clock'em! I have managed to get to rank 2 at the Brawler's Guild... but that penguin just wipes the floor with me!


The penguin just needs to be constantly hit. If he gets a peck off, it's insta death. If you can possibly do any ranged damage, you'll keep him bouncing to the wall and you should be able to down him relatively easily.

Well, I managed to take out the penguin... thanks to the posts advising me on the way to handle him. I have managed to get to Rank 3... so just 4 more fights and I can shake the dust of that place from my feet, but now Blat has become my nemesis. I just can't seem to DPS him down fast enough before his adds kill me.

My warlock is the only one of my army of alts that has any chance at doing this... so if anyone has any advice for a poorly geared warlock playing on a piece of crap for a computer, I would appreciate it. I have tried doing this with 3 different demons, all with the same results.

User avatar
Jadax
Top Rater
 
Posts: 311
Joined: April 18th, 2011
Pet Score: 2939

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Jadax » May 4th, 2013, 10:35 pm

Blat is super easy for ranged classes. Just kite him in a circle around the arena - he only has melee abilities, and he's super slow.

Now, Ixx. Ixx is the one that's a pain in the bootay.

User avatar
Toliman
 
Posts: 2
Joined: July 24th, 2012
Pet Score: 3077

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Toliman » May 5th, 2013, 12:22 am

Genie wrote:Minfernal....is my nemesis. Once i get it i am going to battle with it, but pass...pass...pass just to see it die, repeatedly. :twisted:


this may test you out, but, set an alarm, wake up at 4.30am, there it will be, along with 10 other people.
or, make a DK alt on an oceanic server and work out your time from the server time from there.
this helps with scourged whelpling too.

going to try brawler's again, may just aim for idle fishing up the carp as there's less grief, and some money to be made on selling the ~3000 fish.

User avatar
Maizing
 
Posts: 276
Joined: October 15th, 2012
Pet Score: 3522

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Maizing » May 5th, 2013, 1:30 am

Jadax wrote:Blat is super easy for ranged classes. Just kite him in a circle around the arena - he only has melee abilities, and he's super slow.

Now, Ixx. Ixx is the one that's a pain in the bootay.

Ah, I guess I am even slower than Blat... my little gnome legs maybe.

Or maybe it is my crapfest computer with my average of 10-15 fps.

User avatar
Robotusch
 
Posts: 11
Joined: January 28th, 2008
Pet Score: 2451

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Robotusch » May 5th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Maizing wrote:
Robotusch wrote:Of the more odd ones, I can't for the life of me find a rare Twilight Iguana. I'm not interested in a particular breed, I just want a rare one. Been at it for quite a while now, I've yet to see one, and I refuse to spend a battle-stone on what should be a readily available wild pet.

It took me awhile to get a rare one of those too. They are time of day dependent and I did not realize that at first.

Wait, the rare ones or just the Twilight Iguanas in general?

Edit: Well I'll be darned, had a fly-over this morning and saw a bunch of Twilight Iguanas, and after wading through the usual grey & green ones, I happened to come across a rare one - so that's Continental Tamer down, bring on the Zookeeper :mrgreen:
Last edited by Robotusch on May 6th, 2013, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Genie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: August 18th, 2008
Pet Score: 3137

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Genie » May 5th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Toliman wrote:
Genie wrote:Minfernal....is my nemesis. Once i get it i am going to battle with it, but pass...pass...pass just to see it die, repeatedly. :twisted:


this may test you out, but, set an alarm, wake up at 4.30am, there it will be, along with 10 other people.
or, make a DK alt on an oceanic server and work out your time from the server time from there.
this helps with scourged whelpling too.


4:30 am my time? server time or w/e crz server i land on? :D

User avatar
Shmoooey
 
Posts: 51
Joined: August 25th, 2008
Pet Score: 3225

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Shmoooey » May 8th, 2013, 8:33 am

Darkmoon Eye. Every day during the faire, open the bag, nothing.

User avatar
Opallena
Top Rater
 
Posts: 284
Joined: April 27th, 2011
Pet Score: 3492

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Opallena » May 8th, 2013, 10:06 am

Agree on the Darkmoon Eye... no luck yet and this is my third (fourth?) faire... however the Ji-Kun Hatchling and Son of Animus are being shy as well.

User avatar
GilroyKilroy
MVP
 
Posts: 195
Joined: July 18th, 2010
Pet Score: 3639

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby GilroyKilroy » May 8th, 2013, 1:09 pm

Shmoooey wrote:Darkmoon Eye. Every day during the faire, open the bag, nothing.


Ditto. I have so many tokens just from this one quest I bought the dancing bear just for fun (not a mount collector.)

User avatar
Malibu12s
MVP
 
Posts: 25
Joined: October 29th, 2012
Pet Score: 2790

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Malibu12s » May 8th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Darkmoon eye is most annoying. Son of Animus and Ji-Kun Hatchling are proving elusive as well. I've been to every darkmoon faire, every day since the new daily was added. Haven't missed a single day and still nothing.

The Scourged Whelpling was tough to catch. Took me several months, server restarts etcetra.... Fianlly one day I catch him. I'm super stoked! Caught a rare too! I was excited. Then the following week a patch came out and all of a sudden they are much easier to get. One due to the fact that the exiting a battle with a white flag makes the pet respawn. Two I think they adjusted the spawn schedule. Every time I'm in the area now there is always one on the ground to catch. (Not just flyovers, but actually landing and seeing that the pet is there and catchable.).

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they made the changes, I would hate for everyone to have to go through what I did to get one. Just sucks I spent all that time hunting it when I could have just waited and made it easier on myself. Granted I had no way of knowing the adjustments were coming.

Now if i could just get my hands on a mini diablo and mini tyrael.....
I would love to see what happens if one person has Mini Diablo out and walk up next to someone who has a Mini Tyrael out... they should have an automatic and epic battle to the death! I've heard this will happen if a Baneling meets a Grunty Murloc but I can't verify if there is any truth to that.

User avatar
Jazzers
 
Posts: 4
Joined: February 28th, 2010
Pet Score: 3152

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Jazzers » May 8th, 2013, 9:12 pm

I would have to say its the Darkmoon Eye. I just cant seem to get that one.

User avatar
Shmoooey
 
Posts: 51
Joined: August 25th, 2008
Pet Score: 3225

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Shmoooey » May 12th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Yay, complaining on the forums worked, I got my DM eye yesterday.

Man, I just can't seem to get a Crawling Claw...

...or a winning lottery ticket.

User avatar
Opallena
Top Rater
 
Posts: 284
Joined: April 27th, 2011
Pet Score: 3492

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Opallena » May 12th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Malibu12s wrote:I would love to see what happens if one person has Mini Diablo out and walk up next to someone who has a Mini Tyrael out... they should have an automatic and epic battle to the death! I've heard this will happen if a Baneling meets a Grunty Murloc but I can't verify if there is any truth to that.


I'd be happy to test this if someone has a Grunty lol! Got my Eye but still lucked out on Ji-Kun and Son of Animus... probably my fourth or fifth run for those two now

User avatar
Esterhazy
Top Rater
 
Posts: 11
Joined: November 28th, 2012
Pet Score: 3123

Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Postby Esterhazy » May 13th, 2013, 3:52 am

:( The Crawling Claw... oh how my head hurts thinking about the wasted hours my archy toon has spent doing nothing but digging. WTS Castle of Sand souvenir shop :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Pet Collecting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests