Share pet collecting news and advice.
Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu
Marked Flawless Battle-Stone

Post by Casca » April 21st, 2013, 8:48 am

Does anyone on the PTR have more informaton on the Marked Flawless Battle-Stone? Is it a one time only stone for getting this achievement?
I really hope it has unlimited uses with a one day cooldown or something like that, otherwise it would be pretty meh. :/

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Marked Flawless Battle-Stone

Post by Luciandk » April 21st, 2013, 2:36 pm

For me it sounds like its mainly meant as an introduction to battle stones for people. Giving every account a single rare upgrade stone that isnt tradable.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » April 21st, 2013, 2:45 pm

Hm, but considering that it involves defeating basically every single pet trainer I'd say that most of the people who can complete that achievement have long since leanred about Battle-Stones.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » April 21st, 2013, 7:18 pm

It is interesting since it would make it a bit easier to implement a pet stone exchange system. Rather than having say trade in any species stone (maybe + some other resource) for any other species stones - that's a lot of different trades to put on a vendor to insure everything is covered. They wouldn't make you be able to trade in for a BoE stone since they probably want to keep those intentionally limited. But putting in a way to trade a species specific stone + other resource for a BoA generic stone like this does make everything a bit simpler.

Putting the item in solely for one achievement doesn't seem to make much sense to me, there's gotta be a future more frequent use for it as well. I choose to view this as a precursor to being able to do something with all our useless species specific stones.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » April 21st, 2013, 7:49 pm

Not a bad thought, but look at Archaeology. They have an exchange vendor for all types of older archy fragments. And theres about just as many races as theres pet families. So I wouldnt see that as a major hinder. Shouldnt be hard to set up such a vendor.

I could imagine it would take like a Flawless family specific stone and perhaps 3 spirits of harmony to aquire another family stone.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » April 21st, 2013, 8:01 pm

Unless I missed something major about archaeology there's just the pandaren crated to the old fragments trade. Not like they let you trade any other to any other, so no needing put in vendor to do dwarven to nelf, dwarven to tol'vir, dwarven to nerubian... and so on for every possible to/from combination to cover everything.

I mean it's not like it's particularly hard to do that, it just takes a while to enter it and make sure you didn't miss any possibility and it would be a pain to browse through to find what you want to trade to. However it just doesn't make any sense to put it up that way since if you can trade any stone to any other stone might as well make one stone to trade to that can upgrade any pet. It's just extra work for whoever has to put it in the game and I like to count on programmers going for a solution that means less work. They do seem to prefer simpler solutions.

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Warlock » April 22nd, 2013, 2:26 pm

Still wondering if this is repeatable, but looks like they just added streak protection to getting battle stones from pet bags! Yay! So at least that should be a reasonable way to get them now.

Roarey
MVP
Pet Score:12979
BattleTag®:Roarey#1820
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Roarey » April 23rd, 2013, 11:06 am

On wowhead it is listed as stackable to 5, hope that means that there will be other ways to obtain more of them. I am very excited by the unlucky streak protection being added :) Sucks to do them all for a week on end and have no stones drop :) :P

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » April 23rd, 2013, 1:14 pm

Unlucky streak sure sounds nice I have horrible luck with stones and pet fish/carp, maybe they can fix the RNG to be more fair for all somehow.
Wave