Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
Anybody monitor the BMAH?

Post by Morlis » April 12th, 2013, 12:29 pm

I don't get over to the Black Market Auction Hall (BMAH) very often and feel I should. I have seen an occasional pet for sale most often I already obtained it, or I don't want to pay 10K plus for it. I have never seen anything ultra rare though, for what I have seen they are still obtainable and can even be traded if purchased, hardly what I would consider "Black Market".
couple of examples:
- Disgusting Oozeling (for sale for 10k, didn't bid, later bought mine for 3k off normal AH)
- Enchanted Broom (starting price was 1k I think, I had it so didn't bid)

Has anyone seen anything really rare? I would consider bidding on something like Darkmoon Rabbit or something no longer obtainable like the Vampiric Batling.

Anyone know if different servers have different items for sale on the same day? I have yet to get anyone on a different server over there to find out.

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Warlock
Top Rater
Pet Score:4667
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Re: Anybody monitor the BMAH?

Post by Warlock » April 12th, 2013, 12:42 pm

I've seen Bananas for maybe 10-20k? (before bids). I assume other TCG pets can show up as well. But yeah, usually something that is super-easy to get (like one of the cat pets you can just buy at a vendor, or an Argent Tourney pet) for waaaay too much gold.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » April 12th, 2013, 1:06 pm

My server's had the Hippogryph Hatchling a few times and I think the Dragon Kite once.

We had a Mimiron's Head up once that someone in my guild paid, like 700k for, too.
Image Image

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » April 12th, 2013, 1:25 pm

Steamwheedle Cartel has had Bananas several times - Dragon Kite - Lots of hard to get mounts - Tuskar Kite - Hippogryth Hatching - These are up alot and go fast.

- Minrons Head saw it once and it was over my spending limit for anything other then Reins of the Raven Lord which after about 2 thousand tries I am done LOL Dang thing hates me. I've been trying for this ever since ONLY driuds could call the boss. After they opened it up I was doing it on 6 different toons everyday. No mount.

This was up on the BMAH and sold for 24k and I saw it after the bidding had closed and I am telling you would have spend TONS to get it LOL

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Ackbah » April 12th, 2013, 2:27 pm

I am in there all the time on Hellscream US. I have seen low end pets and mounts all the way up to several of the High end TGC's and mounts including Invincible.

The last high end TGC was a Rocket Chicken that was in there passed 100k...thats when I slowly back away from the auctioneer...I would love to know what actually sells for though.

I was told by a friend on the server that the last Invincible (LK's Mount)sold for the gold cap...which is 999k gold....is there a cap? Yikes...way to spendy for me.

Everything I have seen as far as pets and mounts always has a bid on it so someone is buying the stuff.

I saw an Axe in there one time that I do not think even drops in the game. (I may be wrong) A golden guitar looking thing that does the same thing the Arcanite Ripper does. (Facemelter) that sold for 300k++.I followed Nutty's link and it is called the Sun-Lute of the Phoenix King.

Ack )
Last edited by Ackbah on April 12th, 2013, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 12th, 2013, 5:34 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62943#comments - first comment has a pretty good list of what's available. There might be other things that haven't been reported but I find the list to be accurate so far.

BMAH is great...if you have gold to spend. I've so far bought some TCG items and a piece of T3 gear. Prices vary wildly because of bidding, but there is also a starting minimum bid so you can't get a T3 helm for 1k, for example (I think it starts at 10k). The Argent Tournament pets start at 1k too I think. As of 5.2 they changed some of the starting prices to reflect rarity a little more.

So far most expensive sales I've seen would be Onyxia mount at around 200k and some heroic 5.2 gear for about 180k.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » April 12th, 2013, 7:46 pm

I tend to check out the Black Market every day. My server is somewhat low population without a lot of pet collectors, so I have been able to get a few things for (what I consider) reasonable prices. I've gotten Bananas (around 30k), a Rocket Chicken (around 20k), and a Dragon Kite (60k). I spent way too much for the Dragon Kite, but it was to teach a level 60 that they had no business bidding on my pets. I only know one of the other collectors on my realm and we've worked out deals for who would get a particular pet from an auction so we wouldn't just end up spending a ton outbidding each other.

Mounts can be somewhat of a different story, they seem to be much more popular on my realm than pets. I've gotten both the blue and azure drakes for about 20k each, but rarer mounts seem to go for quite a bit more. I've seen one of the fire hawks from Firelands there, but the entire area was being camped by a horde guild closer to the close of the auction, so I wasn't able to see how much it went for. I talked to someone that said they got an Onyxian Drake for over 300k. More recently, Mimiron's Head was in there twice within the last month, but I stopped checking once it got closer to 100k.

I'm a little curious how they'll handle the Black Market in the next expansion. Will they add a new location to a newer area, or will you always have to go back to Pandaria to bid? If that's the case, I'll definitely be keeping an alt nearby to check it regularly, as competition will most likely drop off significantly.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » April 12th, 2013, 9:14 pm

I've seen a few items on my BMAH, but there are always horde around when something good is up so i dont get to check often. I did see a bananas go for almost 50k, and i think i saw a few other rare-ish pets (gundrak hatchling was one) for less than about 10k. I really need to check more often.... but i dont have gold to spend right now

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » April 13th, 2013, 6:30 am

https://theunderminejournal.com/

Check that out. It makes it easier to scout it out without actually going. A trading buddy pointed this to me.

For example, right now on moon guard, I can see a telladrasl sproutling for 1102 gold.

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » April 13th, 2013, 1:03 pm

NathKnave wrote:I tend to check out the Black Market every day. My server is somewhat low population without a lot of pet collectors, so I have been able to get a few things for (what I consider) reasonable prices. I've gotten Bananas (around 30k), a Rocket Chicken (around 20k), and a Dragon Kite (60k). I spent way too much for the Dragon Kite, but it was to teach a level 60 that they had no business bidding on my pets. I only know one of the other collectors on my realm and we've worked out deals for who would get a particular pet from an auction so we wouldn't just end up spending a ton outbidding each other.

Mounts can be somewhat of a different story, they seem to be much more popular on my realm than pets. I've gotten both the blue and azure drakes for about 20k each, but rarer mounts seem to go for quite a bit more. I've seen one of the fire hawks from Firelands there, but the entire area was being camped by a horde guild closer to the close of the auction, so I wasn't able to see how much it went for. I talked to someone that said they got an Onyxian Drake for over 300k. More recently, Mimiron's Head was in there twice within the last month, but I stopped checking once it got closer to 100k.

I'm a little curious how they'll handle the Black Market in the next expansion. Will they add a new location to a newer area, or will you always have to go back to Pandaria to bid? If that's the case, I'll definitely be keeping an alt nearby to check it regularly, as competition will most likely drop off significantly.
Wow ... on my server it is impossible to get any mount or rare pet below 80-90k (prepare for ~100-150k for any mount, or at least 100k for the rocket chicken or the paper drake ...

Actual Heroic Items go for 250k+ ... You must be really lucky on such a server ;) (although I guess its harder to get some of the medium rare pets from the normal AH for a reasonable price)

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » April 13th, 2013, 6:47 pm

Spary wrote:You must be really lucky on such a server (although I guess its harder to get some of the medium rare pets from the normal AH for a reasonable price)
It's not so much finding them for a reasonable price, it's finding them at all. Without a lot of pet collectors, there's no market at all for pets. Anything somewhat common at all will sit on the AH for weeks, dropping prices to sometimes ridiculously low prices as people just try to unload them. I'm still seeing the Zandalari raptors at less than 200 gold. Anything actually rare you're very unlikely to see at all. Anyone who knows how to use the AH at all is going to cage up their rarer pets and sell them on another server. Although if I do see something that I would consider buying, it's almost always safe enough to wait until the price comes down. I've gotten two of the more recent TCG pets that way. I watched for a few days as an Eye of the Legion went from 40k down to 16k before I bought it.

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » April 19th, 2013, 11:10 am

I check a few daily and use the BMAH tracker - http://suguild.com/bmahtracker/index.php

I've grabbed Bananas off of one for 45k (usually they go for 100k on my servers, which is a joke). Hippogryph Hatchlings are common, I've also seen Robot Chickens and I'm sure one of the kites (I remember swearing because I missed it lol).

Plenty of rare mounts now too including the Plagued Proto Drake.

Sinnocence
Top Rater
Pet Score:2385
BattleTag®:Calliste#1502
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Sinnocence » April 19th, 2013, 6:05 pm

I check it every time I'm outside the main city though I've yet to see anything that interesting, rare or worth more than 10k.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » April 21st, 2013, 2:42 pm

I just checked mine this morning and *cries* there was a rocket chicken up for 22k! i dont even have 10k after getting panther mounts about a month ago /sadface

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » April 21st, 2013, 8:12 pm

Now that I'm down to 7, err sorry, 6 tradable pets to get I've taken to checking the BMAH every day. It and other realms are pretty much my only source of pets due to lack of viable trades. Already managed to score a rocket chicken... was not cheap, but only 1/6th of what it would have cost me to buy it on a realm where you can find them for sale so I chalk that one up as a win. Sadly most of the time all that's up there is transmog junk or tourney pets. If Blizzard really wants to take money out of the economy they should put some more pets up there so I can spend this gold!

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » April 22nd, 2013, 8:52 am

I do try to check the BMAH fairly regularly. My main issue is that a lot of the auctions end while I'm raiding so I tend to avoid even looking on days I know I can't be available all day/evening to bid. I did bid on a dragon kite once but it went for 79k in the end which was a little over my limit so I lost the auction (so I then went and bought myself a Darkmoon Rabbit off the regular AH to cheer myself up lol). I want the Rocket Chicken the most though.
Ackbah wrote:I was told by a friend on the server that the last Invincible (LK's Mount)sold for the gold cap...which is 999k gold....is there a cap?
Invincible has come up on my server just the once afaik, and it went straight to the cap of 999k gold. I doubt it would go for much less anywhere.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » April 22nd, 2013, 9:23 am

Oh that reminds, I heard someone mention once that there is an addon that can show how long an auction has left on the BMAH and also how many bids it has. Does anyone know what this addon is? I've had no luck finding it.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » April 22nd, 2013, 10:15 am

I keep meaning to log one of my toons out there and to check daily but keep forgetting. I've passed a few times and won a TOC pet for just over 1k. I'm on a pretty dead realm.

I'm a bit tight with my money so only really spend on pets/mounts when I can justify it. Usually this means that if I can get the pet/mount via normal means then I won't buy it unless it is dirt cheap. The Firelands mount goes for 200kish the twice I've seen it, when considering I can try to farm it myself in a expansion's time is totally unjustifiable.

Kagalii
Top Rater
Pet Score:10513
BattleTag®:Mikadochan#1520
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Kagalii » April 24th, 2013, 9:26 am

I have my DK alt whose hearth is set to the Veiled Stair so I check it daily. Unfortunately, for items I'd really be looking for, people with several million gold are on as the new auctions go up and if a big ticket item comes up (like Invincible, Mimi's Head) then the bid goes up immediately to 999,999 and there is no chance to even try bidding. I have mostly made use of BMAH for buying up tier 3 sets that I like. While on a high pop server it comes down to a VERY pretty penny I have managed to get a bunch of Earthshatter gear for my hunter's mog, almost full Faith set for my priest and several big pieces of Frostfire also for my priest. I am thinking if I am gonna play my rogue to start bidding on Dreamwalker pieces cause that is one of my favorite looking leather sets in game. I am afraid to count how much all these purchases have added up to so far (to give an example I got bid up to something like 86k on Faith Robe, but I am glad I got it, it looks fantastic.

I try to not jump the gun too much with BMAH purchases because I try to only bid on stuff I cannot farm myself. Like I bought a Plagued Proto Drake since that is unavailable, but I did not bid on Onyxian Drake/Vitreous Drake/Alysrazor mount since I can easily keep farming those (and Onyxian Drake I got several weeks after someone paid 999,999gold for it on BMAH which made me happy I saved my money). I am also close to figuring out a duo strategy for Heroic LK 25 with my boyfriend so that will be one to add to that. Today, we have a Dragon Kite on the BMAH and I'll try bidding on it depending on how high the price goes (it's at 52k atm).

Kayfabe
Pet Score:2197
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Kayfabe » April 25th, 2013, 12:37 am

I really want Mimiron's Head (being an engineer, the only mount I want more is the original rocket mount), but at this point, it's almost easier to just farm the thing than pay a million gold.