team to beat these?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shandu
Pet Score:1313
Realm:Saurfang-eu
team to beat these?

Post by Shandu » April 7th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Idol, Puffer and Mountain Panda.

All they do is swap to the panda to refresh rock fall which does an insane amount of damage, then keep swapping between the puffer using healing and pump, then to his Idol to keep sandstorm up.

if I take an Undead, Mech and Flying to counter, he will just swap to the puffer to soak the undead damage, i swap to flying, he will swap to his panda etc etc, slowly eroding me down with pump/healing wave from the puffer.

Any ideas?

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Re: team to beat these?

Post by Stabya » April 8th, 2013, 8:50 am

I like the Gilnean Raven Vs the Puffer, plus his darkness to counter sandstorm.

How about Scourged whelpling to Infect the idol, with a 2nd darkness spell ready to counter sandstorm or set up your raven with nocturnal strike.

As for the Mountain panda, i'd have to try it to see how it works, but if you start with a Flayer Youngling with Kick could he interrupt the rock barrage?

Shandu

Post by Shandu » April 9th, 2013, 12:36 am

Stabya wrote:I like the Gilnean Raven Vs the Puffer, plus his darkness to counter sandstorm.

How about Scourged whelpling to Infect the idol, with a 2nd darkness spell ready to counter sandstorm or set up your raven with nocturnal strike.

As for the Mountain panda, i'd have to try it to see how it works, but if you start with a Flayer Youngling with Kick could he interrupt the rock barrage?
I used the first two, Raven and Whelp, and I used my Clockwork rocketbot, and won :D!

The trick was to use minefield as much as possible, that got the fish and isol low enough to where he couldn't heal it back up in one or two rounds, and of course the fish couldnt swap, so the raven nuked him.

Corleggy
Top Rater
Pet Score:2888
BattleTag®:roquefort#1377
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Corleggy » April 10th, 2013, 2:13 am

that comp seems weird, doesn't rock fall dmg get lowered a ton by sandstorm? I tried it just to play around and it was somewhat effective but that was just the idol/puffer being strong didn't see the mountain panda doing much of it.

Shandu

Post by Shandu » April 11th, 2013, 2:36 am

Corleggy wrote:that comp seems weird, doesn't rock fall dmg get lowered a ton by sandstorm? I tried it just to play around and it was somewhat effective but that was just the idol/puffer being strong didn't see the mountain panda doing much of it.
The panda seems to be there just to whittle down my team so the fish and idol have an easier time, but rockfall still seems to do quite some damage. (Also he usually starts with the panda, then swaps to the fish so, rockfall isn't really interrupted)

I did beat him last night with a Sandling, Animus and mountain panda though.