Is there any epic or legendary pets in the works?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Reapersbeast
Top Rater
Pet Score:3171
Realm:Anub'arak-us
Is there any epic or legendary pets in the works?

Post by Reapersbeast » March 27th, 2013, 3:38 pm

I've actually never seen a wild pet in the rarity of epic(or legendary for that fact)! I've done Thousands of wild pet battles and have over 60+ lvl 25 rares(and this is with taking the last almost 5 months off the game, I just got back last week) but I've never even seen an epic pet in the wild! Do they even exist? IF they don't, the game should really come out with a few rare spawn epic pets like they do Mounts, that would be Bad A**!!! Don't make them tradeable so their not farmed for gold or anything. Just make them a once a week spawn and spawn in multiple locations like other rare spawns! Just a thought!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Is there any epic or legendary pets in the works?

Post by Quintessence » March 27th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Epic and Legendary pets aren't capturable or collectable at the moment. Blizzard has mentioned possibly adding epic quality pets in the future for us to acquire, but for now epic/legendaries only exist as NPCs for us to battle.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » March 27th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Thanks for the info!! The only bad thing about going away from a game for months at a time is its tough to keep up on the details! I just ask because there are pets like darkmoon rabbit and crawling crawl that show up on every page as epic but I don't own any of them yet. so I'm wondering if they are really epic pets with slightly higher stats then the rare pets?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 27th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Reapersbeast wrote:so I'm wondering if they are really epic pets with slightly higher stats then the rare pets?
No the stats aren't "epic" (although there might be epic pets with epic stats in the future). The only epic part about pets such as these are the items that teach the pets, while quality of the battle pet itself is just rare.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » March 27th, 2013, 11:36 pm

Thanks again for the info! I guess those current epic pets are very misleading then huh! Maybe in 5.3 they can up the current "epic" pets stat's a little so their not so misleading :)!

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » March 28th, 2013, 4:45 am

Hopefully not! The problem with Epic pets is that it makes all other pets next to worthless in a competitive setting, I hope they never implement them, even though they've said they plan to in the future.

Try playing against rare pets with uncommons and you'll see what I mean.

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » March 29th, 2013, 12:23 pm

True enough Grom, but Anyone "Competitively" using battle pets will farm the epics just like they do rares and so on! If Blizzard is smart they will limit the amount of epic pets that can be on one team At least at the beginning to help make it fair.....then again when has blizz ever been fair(Or smart) lol!

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » March 29th, 2013, 12:33 pm

If they were not eligible for PvP, I am all for them! It would break PvP though.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Reapersbeast
Top Rater

Post by Reapersbeast » March 29th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Like pvp gear breaks bg's huh! Just saying!

You have to farm what's necessary to be good at whatever it is ya want to be good at in this game! So raid gear, pvp gear, and Epic pets(when they're realsed)! That's what this game has become!

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » March 29th, 2013, 2:19 pm

At this point I'm torn about epic pets... while it would be nice to have them, should wild pets become upgradeable to Epic quality via battles that would be rather daunting. What should happen is we should be able to buy epic stones using valor points then not only can we choose who to upgrade, but it wouldn't be so overwhelming. Some non-wild pets such as the rarer TCG, special event pets like blizzcon, and ones that are already epic when you get the drop like Hyacinth Macaw should be auto-upgraded to epic so we can have a few to start with.