TBC Raid Pets (5.3)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Silverz
MVP
Pet Score:13866
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Re: TBC Raid Pets (5.3)

Post by Silverz » March 25th, 2013, 8:57 am

The first thing I thought of when this was announced was a cool chess piece pet...they could be so creative with it`s abilities.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » March 25th, 2013, 11:09 am

The Raiding With Leashes pets were al lscaled down versions of raid boss (or mobs), so I expect that's all we'll get from TBC version.

TK will actually be tough - there's already a mini al'ar (pheonix hatchling), and sunreaver sentry. I suspect we'll get a mini Void Reaver, with pounding and arcane orb flavour attacks, or perhaps a Voidlord from the Solarian fight. Could also be possible that KT drops something like a mana wyrm recolour, or maybe one of the weapons he deploys?

SSC is full of posibilities, Mini naga (there's baby naga in the goblin starting quests), mini versions of the bosses (Hydross could be a green recolour of the water waveling, mini Morogrim, mini Lurker, or I'd also like to see a 'deep' murloc, even though there's none in the instance, we're not supposed to get baby normal murlocs due to the rarity of murky etc. - Deep murlocs, like gorlocs are seperate to this.

Kara - A further Grimoire, mini Maiden or mini Curator, mini Nightbane or mini Netherspite, and Malchezzar could dro pa mini Legions he Commands (abyssal)

Mag/Gruul - yes to mini versions!

Hyjal - Mini Abomination! Any of the demon bosses in mini form, will probably be a wisp though :p

BT - mini bosses mainly, Supremus, Souls, Gurtogg all crying out for mini forms

SWP - mini Muru? I think sytlitically these will be similar to TK drops

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » March 25th, 2013, 12:25 pm

From [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3179-Patch-5-3-PTR-Build-16758-Patch-5-3-PTR-Build-16758]MMO Champion:[/url]
Pet Battles
Raiding with Leashes II: Attunement Edition (New) Collect all of the battle pets listed below from Karazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern, and Tempest Keep. Reward: Tito. 10 points. Account Wide.
No Gruul, or Magtheridon.
No Hyjal, Black Temple, or Sunwell.

... yet.

The [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3446]new pets, including raid pets, are listed in this thread[/url] if anyone is interested.
And the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3445]new PVP Pet Battling achievements are being discussed in this thread[/url] if anyone is interested.
ImageImage

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » March 25th, 2013, 12:52 pm

I attended Blizzcon in 08 and 09, so I'm not sure which one this came from. But on one of the panels, Metzen made a comment about how boss speeches should have a "Wrap It Up" button. Kael's speech is awesome the first few times, but when you've spent hours wiping on him, you just want him to wrap it up and get to the fighting. Everytime I go to Tempest Keep, I recall Metzen sitting at that panel, pushing an imaginary button and saying "wrap it up".

So if they're going to add a mini pet to Kael, they better add that wrap it up button. :)

But back on subject, I think they could do more with demons, the Burning Crusade was about the Burning Legion. As for which demons, think of the warlock pets. There's the minfernal, of course. We've got a couple of imps, and the Kirin Tor familiar is sort of a voidwalker. But no felhound, true voidwalker, or felguard, which would make interesting mini pets. There's no succubus, but I'm hesitant on a mini version of that. Looking at the improved demons warlocks can get, we've got something close to the observer with Willy, but the Shivarra, Wrathguard and Terrorguard would be interesting if they can shrink them down.

As for who would drop them? Magtheridon. Supremus and Mother Shahraz in Black Temple. Mu'ru and Brutallus in Sunwell. Illhoof in Karazhan.

Gendou

Post by Gendou » March 25th, 2013, 1:01 pm

[url=http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/8293-raiding-with-leashes-ii-attunement-edition#16650-16758]Image[/url]
ImageImage

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » March 25th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Tahsfenz wrote:Make a whole litter of Opera pets in my opinion.
A Cairn Terrier like Toto from the movie "The Wizard of Oz".

Edit: @Gendou, I hope Tito is what I just mentioned and not like the Tito in the game. I already have a Worg Pup.

Gendou

Post by Gendou » March 25th, 2013, 1:19 pm

Spyro wrote:A Cairn Terrier like Toto from the movie "The Wizard of Oz".

Edit: @Gendou, I hope Tito is what I just mentioned and not like the Tito in the game. I already have a Worg Pup.
I just said the exact same thing to my wife. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » March 25th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Coilfang Stalker (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Coilfang Stalker. Battle Pet. Instant.
Fiendish Imp (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Fiendish Imp. Battle Pet. Instant.
Lesser Voidcaller (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Lesser Voidcaller. Battle Pet. Instant.
Lil' Bad Wolf (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Lil' Bad Wolf. Battle Pet. Instant.
Menagerie Custodian (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Menagerie Custodian. Battle Pet. Instant.
Netherspace Abyssal (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Netherspace Abyssal. Battle Pet. Instant.
Phoenix Hawk Hatchling (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Phoenix Hawk hatchling. Battle Pet. Instant.
Pocket Reaver (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Pocket Reaver. Battle Pet. Instant.
Tainted Waveling (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Tainted Waveling. Battle Pet. Instant.
Tideskipper (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss your Tideskipper. Battle Pet. Instant.
Tito (New) Right Click to summon and dismiss Tito. Battle Pet. Instant.
So those are the 11 pets for this... making some logical guesses, since all but a couple are very obvious:

Karazhan: Fiendish Imp (Illhoof), Menagerie Custodian (Curator), Lil' Bad Wolf (opera), Netherspace Abyssal (Malchezaar)
Tempest Keep: Pocket Rever (Void Reaver.... I didn't think they'd do that one since the personal world destroyer is basically a mini void reaver), Lesser Voidcaller (Solarian), Phoenix Hawk Hatchling (Kael'thas... I thought Al'ar till I saw the Vashj one)
Serpenshrine Cavern: Tainted Waveling (Hydross?), Coilfang Stalker (Vashj), Tideskipper (I think it has to be Tidewalker... tiny giant?)

Post by Guest » March 25th, 2013, 4:28 pm

Guess this means we'll see pets from Black Temple/Hyjal/Sunwell in 5.4 or beyond; i'm pretty sure Mumper said in one of the interviews (forgot which one) that they'll spread the BC raid pets across patches instead of doing them all in one.

Amethice
Top Rater
Pet Score:12952
BattleTag®:Uncia#2791
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Amethice » March 25th, 2013, 7:57 pm

Wamo wrote:Guess this means we'll see pets from Black Temple/Hyjal/Sunwell in 5.4 or beyond; i'm pretty sure Mumper said in one of the interviews (forgot which one) that they'll spread the BC raid pets across patches instead of doing them all in one.
Makes sense. Guess we'll have to wait a few more months to get a L'illidan.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » March 25th, 2013, 10:25 pm

I'm hoping that will be the reward for the BT/Hyjal/Sunwell ones... but it probably won't be. /sad

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » March 26th, 2013, 4:20 am

Looking forward to doing Kara for pets - just love that raid.

I remember doing SSC back in the day to get the achis and was glad to never have to go back there again. For some reason, I just hated that raid. Totally frustrating and not fun. Looks like I'll be hoping for luck, or cheap AH :-)

I'm sure they will add BT and SWP in later patches - to do otherwise would be just too sad.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » March 26th, 2013, 11:41 am

I'm looking forward to getting these new pets. Should be fun running those again.

In regards to the BT, Hyjal and SW pets for the future I don't see those happening until the next Xpac due to all those bosses not being soloable by every class yet. And they have made it a point to only add pets to the places that are soloable. And I'm not just talking about bosses like the first one in BT or first one in SW that can not be soloed at all but bosses like KJ that prob still do to much dmg to be soloed by any but the best geared or DKs/ Hunters etc.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » March 26th, 2013, 11:57 am

They put them in lvl 80 Naxx which not everyone can solo. And BT etc are easier to get through than that. If there are some that they feel are too difficult they will tweak them. Till this patch Vashj was still very hard to solo and she is getting a pet.

Btw there is no reason for Najentus to be unsoloable at all at 90 unless your dps is really low. I'm sure I know of people doing it.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Post by Dragonwizard » March 26th, 2013, 12:09 pm

That is a good point about Naxx but most 10 man bosses in Naxx are easier to solo than the end bosses in 25 man BT, Hyjal and SW but that is also just my personel experiance as a LFR geared mage. As for Najentus I know they where talking about making him being able to be soloed just not sure if it was implented in 5.1, 5.2 or if it is for 5.3 but prior to that the only way to solo him is/was with "clever use of game mechanics" but with the gear out now he might be able to be killed before the spikes hit.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » March 26th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Dragonwizard wrote:with the gear out now he might be able to be killed before the spikes hit.
Precisely. He spikes after 60s. If I recall he has 2.5m health. That's less dps than is needed to solo Al'tabim on the isle of thunder (about 6m in 120s).

Amethice
Top Rater
Pet Score:12952
BattleTag®:Uncia#2791
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Amethice » March 26th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Definitely looking forward to Karazhan as well. I love that place, and more excuses to visit is welcome.

I really hope this means they either make tweaks to the chess event or make it optional though, that thing is such a crapshoot to solo, and hiding a pet behind it is just mean.

Gromagrim

Post by Gromagrim » March 27th, 2013, 7:59 am

Dragonwizard wrote:In regards to the BT, Hyjal and SW pets for the future I don't see those happening until the next Xpac due to all those bosses not being soloable by every class yet. And they have made it a point to only add pets to the places that are soloable. And I'm not just talking about bosses like the first one in BT or first one in SW that can not be soloed at all but bosses like KJ that prob still do to much dmg to be soloed by any but the best geared or DKs/ Hunters etc.
I'm a DPS warr in LFR/Valour gear and I can solo both raids (since Kalec change). The end bosses aren't that tough, in fact the most difficult bosses are Brutallus (due to damage output), Felmyst (Mind control gas can reset the encounter) and in BT Reliquary of Souls (Damage reflection specifically) and Gurtogg Bloodboil (damage output/stacking DoTs).

Obviously, all this is subjective to my class, but I have similar experiences with my Warlock.

I outgear Bloodboil already, and by the end of this tier I expect Brutallus will be trivial. Felmyst is similar to Razorgore in BWL that it's not a gear check, but rather down to correct execution - in this case dodging the fel breaths. Reliquary will always be tough as your healing throughput has to be greater than your damage output.

MH I've never soloed, but I don't think it has any impossible fights, I think Rage Winterchill's Death and Decay will be the toughest to overcome as it deals % health damage.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Post by Dragonwizard » March 27th, 2013, 8:36 am

That's good to know Gromagrim thanks for the info. I haven't been to any of those places to try and solo since the begining of MoP (was still in quest gear at the time) and at that point I still wasn't able to solo some of them but with mage being one of the harder classes to solo things that can't be CCd, slowed, etc with and not being that geared probably had a lot to do with it. Guess it's time to go back and have some fun trying to solo things again :)

Gromagrim

Post by Gromagrim » March 27th, 2013, 8:58 am

Yeah, Mages do have the short end of the wedge when it comes to soloing content, they are survivable but not really against sustained damage.

Interesting thing I picked up from Mumper's twitter:

@mumper Will there be raid pets to collect in Black Temple and Sunwell Plateau in 5.3 too?
@AvarreStarverse Yes, but we are splitting them up over time. Too many BC raids to fit in one patch!