What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us
Re: What's the one pet you just can't seem to get?!

Post by Ysabell » March 18th, 2013, 12:07 am

After years of killing thousands of Baradin Foxes I finally found a Fox Kit... on the AH for 6000g. Never going to that peninsula again.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 18th, 2013, 6:22 am

Ysabell wrote:After years of killing thousands of Baradin Foxes I finally found a Fox Kit... on the AH for 6000g. Never going to that peninsula again.
If it took you that long you should've just gridded the rep. :D

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028

Post by Ysabell » March 18th, 2013, 7:33 am

OMG, I never knew they added it to a vendor. lol :lol:

Tycchoe
Pet Score:2130
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Tycchoe » March 18th, 2013, 8:20 am

For those who can't get a Scourged Whelpling, try Argent Dawn US. I went over there to get mine and there must have been 10 or 12 of those suckers up.

For me, it never snows in the Storm Peaks. Ever. And, of course, Minifernal.

Tycchoe
Pet Score:2130
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Tycchoe » March 21st, 2013, 7:24 am

Arctic Fox update:

So I decided to lose a lot of time camping the Time Lost Protodrake and watch some hulu/netflix while waiting for npcscan to startle the begeezus out of me (hasn't happened yet, fyi) and I alt tab back over to WoW to unafk myself and...

It's snowing in the Storm Peaks.

Woohoo! Start flying around looking for little green paw prints... Woohoo! I find one and swoop down before anyone else can (AD shares CRZ with Earthen Ring and some of their Horde are really obnoxious) and madly right click.... and nothing happens.

:shock:

"You have been disconnected from the server."

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

I look over at the router and... amber lights. :cry:

You have got to be kidding me. My luck can't possibly be that bad. Did Sargeras reach through my computer, through my router to the fios box carefully hidden in a closet and say, "No arctic fox kit for you!" Yes, I think he did.

So we get on the phone with fios. Poor guy we get (who actually spoke english as a first language) heard a whole lot of "It better still be snowing the Storm Peaks" in the background.

To make a long story short (too late!), I did get my mangy, poor quality arctic fox kit...

Is it worth using a battle stone on it?

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » March 21st, 2013, 8:08 am

Tycchoe wrote: To make a long story short (too late!), I did get my mangy, poor quality arctic fox kit...

Is it worth using a battle stone on it?
Are you going to actually use it as a battle pet? Do you want to maximize your "pet rating"? If either of those is "yes," and if you think getting a rare will take more time than getting a "flawless" or "beast" stone, then yes, it's worth a stone. I've done that for a couple of the harder-to-get ones (like the Minfernal) just to avoid the frustration.

Autoshots13
Top Rater
Pet Score:2172
BattleTag®:autoshots#1995
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Autoshots13 » March 21st, 2013, 12:55 pm

The Minfernal for sure. I saw it once but flew down to battle it and another person killed it, right in front of my eyes lol. Ever since then I have yet to see another.

Rorschach
Pet Score:1965

Post by Rorschach » March 22nd, 2013, 7:28 pm

I have to say that sometimes timing is just kind of freaky...

I was scanning through these comments and noticed the Giant Sewer Rat was mentioned upon occasion, and that happens to be one pet I don't have and haven't really tried to get yet. I've got an Alt in Dalaran trying for the Kirin Tor Familiar and thought I might as well try for the Rat while I'm there. To my knowledge, I've never fished with this Alt in Dalaran (only 159 skill).

So, guess what happens on my 1st cast...Giant Sewer Rat!

...time for some lottery tickets, I think! :D

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » March 24th, 2013, 1:06 am

For me it's been the wild crimson hatchling. I've farmed that area for days. Have three rares of the other two. I've gotten several dragon stones, but i used them all on other dragon pets thinking i would get a rare.

I've gotten all the other pets to rare. The others that gave me trouble were Elfin Rabbit, Coral Adder, and Sand Kitten.

Before pet battles it was Mr Pinchy. I must have fished for days. I caught 7 total mr pinchys before he finally granted me the pet. One of my guild mates kept tormenting me by linking his each time I went out there to fish.

Mummymermaid
Pet Score:3488
BattleTag®:mummymermaid#1233
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Mummymermaid » March 25th, 2013, 3:12 pm

is the porcupette still in the game...6 months now,...6 months of pet battling doing all quests then dailys everyday got battle stones coming out of my ears...but the porcupette...now everytime i open a bag now i want to cry ><

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » March 25th, 2013, 8:08 pm

With 5.2 launched, the Carp pets are giving me a headache. 1 out of 4 and im 4k casts into farming the white one; havent started on the other two yet yet. the throne of thunder drops will be hard too since i havent done any raiding since mists launched

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » March 26th, 2013, 4:22 am

I was going to add porcupette, but this morning, I opened a bag from Nishi and there it was. During the beta, I got it within the first few days, and never thought that it would take so long in the real version. Just a pity that it's not that useful, compared to other (easily obtainable) pets.

But those carps .....

Devoile
Pet Score:12554
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Devoile » March 26th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Having really bad luck seeing the Snowshoe Hare...havent seen anyone else say so, Just my bad timing I guess.

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » March 26th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Mummymermaid wrote:is the porcupette still in the game...6 months now,...6 months of pet battling doing all quests then dailys everyday got battle stones coming out of my ears...but the porcupette...now everytime i open a bag now i want to cry ><

I have a porcupette I'd trade for a stone or two, if you are interested. Lyrics#1788 is my battletag

Usako
Pet Score:3097
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Usako » March 27th, 2013, 9:03 am

Everyone has mentioned a lot of those rares which have made me QQ too over the massive amount of grinding. But I'm going to mention a few others to the list.

Widow Spiderling at common or rare.
Robot Bear around Everlook, people steal my spawns. QQ

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » March 27th, 2013, 10:26 am

I still can't get even one of the carp pets, despite fishing on three level 88-90 alts every day for 100-200 casts each. I hate those carps..I think they must be a myth! :shock:

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » March 27th, 2013, 10:35 am

Usako wrote:Everyone has mentioned a lot of those rares which have made me QQ too over the massive amount of grinding. But I'm going to mention a few others to the list.

Widow Spiderling at common or rare.
Robot Bear around Everlook, people steal my spawns. QQ
Widow Spiderling took me a few weeks, but I was going at the wrong time of day, and I never stayed long.
Robo-cub I gave up and stoned, I think I've seen like 5 of them total, and I do the WS tamer every day.

Jepsum
Top Rater
Pet Score:3315
Realm:Burning Legion-us

Post by Jepsum » April 29th, 2013, 4:34 pm

I have killed Whispering Pandaren Spirit almost every day this year and have yet to get that sneaky Pandaren Air Spirit. One of these days I may just break down and buy it off of the AH but, after this long, I am determined to see that little guy sitting inside the pandaren spirit bag.

Nineof12
Pet Score:3976
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Nineof12 » April 29th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Isn't everyone's answer for this Minfernal now? LOL! Just got mine last week, named it Tainted Rat.

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » April 29th, 2013, 8:22 pm

The one pet I can't seem to get is [pet]Clock'em[/pet]! I have managed to get to rank 2 at the Brawler's Guild... but that penguin just wipes the floor with me!