Tight-Fisted Stone Gods

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Raptorbait
Tight-Fisted Stone Gods

Post by Raptorbait » March 20th, 2013, 11:57 pm

Days of dailies and hours of wild battles and stones are so rare I can't believe my luck can be so bad. Granted I had a total of 4 Porcupettes drop for me so maybe all my luck was used up? Sigh...

So what will I continue to do?

Days of dailies and hours of wild battles. :roll:

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Tight-Fisted Stone Gods

Post by GilroyKilroy » March 21st, 2013, 9:29 am

In the past three days of Pandaren tamers I got one stone (undead, which I have extras of.) I use to average at least one a day.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 21st, 2013, 9:49 am

I got tired of not getting stones (Nothing from over 30 PVP wins) so I stopped pet battling for now and doing more Player content.

So what happens? I get that Bag of Gold in LFR and a Mechanical Stone was in it

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Ackbah » March 21st, 2013, 11:21 am

Some days are great… some not so much…

Most days I do all 16 pet bag dailys and some days I toss in the beast daily. I have a route that works with very little team changing.

So here’s the weird part, I open all the bags at once… yup all 16 or 17 bags…is that weird? Maybe OCD? I think I handle the bad days better when I get very little rewards in the bags all at once instead of opening each bag right after doing the daily. Five or so blanks (trash bags) in a row takes the fun right out of it.

Best day ever,17 bags opened; 5 stones (all usable!) 1 panda and 2 spirits. Worst day ever,17 bags opened, 1 stone Dragonkin, yha not usable...ow.

I have yet to see a porcupette drop!

Ack )

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 21st, 2013, 3:59 pm

If your worst day is getting 1 unuseable stone, I want some of your luck!

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » March 21st, 2013, 7:15 pm

I wish I had half your luck! I've never seen a Porcupette and my stone count is shocking! I think I've had a total of 5? And 2 of those were given to me by a GM >.<

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » March 21st, 2013, 9:11 pm

Ackbah wrote:Most days I do all 16 pet bag dailys and some days I toss in the beast daily. I have a route that works with very little team changing.

Ack )
You should, uh, share that route and team set-up... ^_^

Whiplash
Pet Score:4909
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Whiplash » March 22nd, 2013, 8:03 am

I thought it was just my bad luck, but maybe drop rates have been nerfed hard. I used to average about a stone a day (sometimes a day or two with no stone, sometimes a couple in one day). But for about a week I have only gotten a couple of stones, and only in the Beasts of Fable bag. Not a single stone in a Pandaren or Pet Master battle pet reward bag.

Raptorbait

Post by Raptorbait » March 23rd, 2013, 8:31 pm

I wonder if my bad luck is due to the fact I started doing the dailies on Raptorbait (Alliance-Thrall (PVE)) instead of Igottaweewee (Horde - Deathwing (PVP)). So I'm going back to doing them on the PVP server (ganking someone during a pet battle is a pretty cowardly, btw). Today I only got one stone...a flawless. Decisions decisions....

Ackbah
MVP

Post by Ackbah » March 25th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Well I am changing my "Worst Day" to a "Worst Weekend", eek I did all 16 and the beast daily on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...not a single stone in 51 bags...2 pandas and 2 spirits...err ok trading pandas and spirits for stones !!

Are stones still dropping?

Ack )

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 25th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Ackbah wrote:Well I am changing my "Worst Day" to a "Worst Weekend", eek I did all 16 and the beast daily on Friday, Saturday and Sunday...not a single stone in 51 bags...2 pandas and 2 spirits...err ok trading pandas and spirits for stones !!

Are stones still dropping?

Ack )
Ha I'd still take your bad weekend!

Worst stretch since the patch for me? 4 days with no stones or pets in a row... I've have noticed a decline of stones lately too, though I got a panda the last 2 days.

Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Basti » March 26th, 2013, 3:31 am

Out of the 17 bags today only 1 yielded a battle-stone and that bag was the FB bag. All the rest contained junk. I treat pet bandages as junk now since I have more than 600 of them already. Since patch, the most I got from the bags was 3 stones but 2 of them are humanoid stones that I don't need. There were days that I got nothing, not even pets. I think my longest was 3 days with zero stones or pets. I don't even get battle-stones from wild pet battles now.

Raptorbait

Post by Raptorbait » March 26th, 2013, 11:06 pm

Ickypic wrote:I wonder if my bad luck is due to the fact I started doing the dailies on Raptorbait (Alliance-Thrall (PVE)) instead of Igottaweewee (Horde - Deathwing (PVP)). So I'm going back to doing them on the PVP server (ganking someone during a pet battle is a pretty cowardly, btw).
A few days of on the PVP server didn't change much :(

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » March 27th, 2013, 3:03 am

I can't be the only one who finds it depressing to do all legendary beasts and then find 3 bandages and 2 foody tpye things in the fable bag. At times like this, I really want that NPC to be attackable ...

Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Basti » March 27th, 2013, 5:24 am

Waflob wrote:I can't be the only one who finds it depressing to do all legendary beasts and then find 3 bandages and 2 foody tpye things in the fable bag. At times like this, I really want that NPC to be attackable ...
Hehe if it makes you feel better I got less, only 2 pet bandages today plus some magic biscuit, no pet nor stone in the FB bag. Out of the 17 total bags, I only got 1 Elemental battle-stone and another Water Spirit. The rest contained junk.

Zavulon
Pet Score:3446
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Zavulon » March 27th, 2013, 5:44 am

So far I haven't gotten a Porcupette, however I have gotten various stones (even 1 flawless) from bags AND wild battles during the past week. I've been getting at least 1 stone a day. :D

Ackbah
MVP

Post by Ackbah » March 28th, 2013, 2:23 pm

Argh...since I replied to this post I have not seen a single new stone...I am at 90+ bags opened and hundreds of battles...I am cursed...I blame you Ickypic !!

J/K

Ack )

I think I may open a ticket just so they can reaffirm that RNG hates me...

Stonewallred
Pet Score:1825
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Stonewallred » March 28th, 2013, 3:15 pm

I got 12 bags today, no stones, and only 4 bandages. Rest were pet cages, spoiled food and grooming kits. Of course, I rarely get any stones, so can't call it bad luck, it's just SOP for my pet battling.

Roarey
MVP
Pet Score:12979
BattleTag®:Roarey#1820
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Roarey » March 28th, 2013, 5:57 pm

This is really getting ridiculous...I took a few days break from doing ALL the masters...just trying to lighten up...this is supposed to be fun! My first day doing all 14, was only doing 7 for a few days..for nothing yet again :(. I do not understand why Blizz doesn't help us out with this..would it hurt ANYONE to raise the rates some?

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » March 29th, 2013, 12:30 pm

I have been doing all the tamers every day, and I have only gotten a single stone in the past week. That is including the fables quests.

Sigh.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD