What do you folks do to keep pet battling fresh?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
What do you folks do to keep pet battling fresh?

Post by Luciandk » March 16th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Im getting increasingly close to 75 pets trained to 25 with just needing 3 more to train. Having all the pandaren spirits and the fabled pandas, Spawn of Gnathus, Living Sandling and Spectral Porcupette. Havent really bothered doing tamer dailies for a while, sitting on a load of flawless stones. So far Im pretty just waiting for the Son of Animus to become available as Its the pet im really wanting to play around with out of all the new ones that made it in. *sad look at the absent Pierre*

I glanced at the colored carps, had they just been interesting looking pets and not just recolors of existing ones I might have been more excited about them.

But yeah, I think the pet battle system needs a significant expansion to keep it fresh for those not into pvp petbattling, as once you have all the interesting pets and the major achs nailed. What more is there to strive for?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: What do you folks do to keep pet battling fresh?

Post by Quintessence » March 16th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Here are my goals for pet collecting and battling. Of course collecting comes first for me ;)

- Collect all of the pets that I can
- Collect all colors of each pet model
- Convert all non-rare pets to rare
- Level all pets to 25

Between collecting and battling goals, I still have a ways to go! XD
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » March 16th, 2013, 11:14 pm

Leveling more pets, and trying them out. I largely took a break from pet leveling after I got to the 75, but recently I've been leveling a few more every week. There are a lot of pets with different ability sets, so feel like I was missing out for stopping at 75 initially.

Its got a lot of stuff to do, so other than periodic updates like they've been doing, it doesn't need a major extension.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 16th, 2013, 11:19 pm

I've been taking some time to get a few tol'vir solves each day. Working on stones, but I've started collecting my wild rares. I've just been going zome by zone with close leveled pets and my 85 priest and getting the pets I need. It works out. I get pets (slowly) leveled, get xp for my toon & get rares.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 18th, 2013, 5:22 am

PvP

Well, I could still try to get all pets AND to have them rare AND max level but I think I am a mortal being :)

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » March 18th, 2013, 6:11 am

I'm slowing down, it's not so fresh for me now, the only thing keeping me going is the 'catch-em-all' attitude.

Collect all pets
Catch all wild pets in rare
Upgrade all non-wild pets to rare
Level all pets to 25

I'm doing well so far, by end of 5.1 I had all wild rares (Except quiraji) and nearly 150 25s. 5.2 beasts of fable took some of the wind out of my sails though, really expected so much more from them :(

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 18th, 2013, 7:42 am

Starting to burn out. They really need to make PVP more rewarding.

Although I am looking forward to catching the Guardling and getting the Zookeeper title

Shmoooey
Pet Score:9294
BattleTag®:Shmooey#1554
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Shmoooey » March 18th, 2013, 10:09 am

I think they need to add in some more achievements. I have 75+ at 25, but probably won't work at it much more until they add an achievement for 100 at 25.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 18th, 2013, 11:27 am

I have very very limited playtime. I pretty much have time to do Antari, Obalis, Trixxie, Lydia, Nishi and a wild pet battle or two. Any time after that I'll to Thunder Isle dailies on my main.

I'd like to do PvP but I'm not one to build PvP based teams so I always loose. It's frustrating. Pet Battle PvP has become just like actual PvP in WoW, if you don't build a team comp or strategy specific for PvP you're pretty much lost.

I've been thinking about a 2nd account so my daughter and I can just PvP against each other. We each come up with random teams and battle it out.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 18th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Talmar wrote:I have very very limited playtime. I pretty much have time to do Antari, Obalis, Trixxie, Lydia, Nishi and a wild pet battle or two. Any time after that I'll to Thunder Isle dailies on my main.

I'd like to do PvP but I'm not one to build PvP based teams so I always loose. It's frustrating. Pet Battle PvP has become just like actual PvP in WoW, if you don't build a team comp or strategy specific for PvP you're pretty much lost.

I've been thinking about a 2nd account so my daughter and I can just PvP against each other. We each come up with random teams and battle it out.
Well I guess it is alright that you get beaten by people who actually put some effort in composing their teams. Otherwise you would be looking at paper-rock-scissors type of game.
Anyway, it doesn't take much to compose a good PvP team. If you need some inspiration, take a look my YouTube channel :)

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 20th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Deepfriedegg wrote:
Talmar wrote:I have very very limited playtime. I pretty much have time to do Antari, Obalis, Trixxie, Lydia, Nishi and a wild pet battle or two. Any time after that I'll to Thunder Isle dailies on my main.

Well I guess it is alright that you get beaten by people who actually put some effort in composing their teams. Otherwise you would be looking at paper-rock-scissors type of game.
Anyway, it doesn't take much to compose a good PvP team. If you need some inspiration, take a look my YouTube channel :)
Very true. I agree. I was just hoping that Pet Battles would have been built so that it wasn't as simple as Rock/Paper but still available to novices. Not something quite as complex and all involving as regular PvP. When Mists first released, my 9yr old and I had a blast doing PvP. We'd win some, we'd loose some, but it never felt hopeless. Now, you can't just throw together 3 pets you really like and have any chance. My 9yr old, sadly, want's nothing to do with Pet Battles any more.

I'm just not suited to PvP, either using my characters, or my pets.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » March 23rd, 2013, 10:51 pm

I like to try to get done as many things at once as I can. So right now I'm A. catching in the wild rare pets I previously had in other rarities while B. leveling up some of pets in their high teens low 20s and C. doing so on an alt so I can level him to 90. I do also like to watch tv or listen to music while doing this - wild pet battles don't take a whole lot of concentration.

G0c1gary
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by G0c1gary » March 24th, 2013, 12:08 am

Lots of pet pvp on different levels

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » March 24th, 2013, 9:55 am

I got the 75pets to 25 ach and aquired the 3 raid pets from Throne of Thunder, so for now theres nothing really more to keep going for. So im dearly hoping 5.3 will add more incentives for pet battling.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » March 24th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Luciandk wrote:I got the 75pets to 25 ach and aquired the 3 raid pets from Throne of Thunder, so for now theres nothing really more to keep going for. So im dearly hoping 5.3 will add more incentives for pet battling.
They've not a great deal to reward pet battling/collecting so far this expansion. What more would you suggest?