Ez-Mode Guide to defeat the Legendary pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us
Ez-Mode Guide to defeat the Legendary pets

Post by Darky28 » March 6th, 2013, 10:00 am

first of all.. you only have to deal with 3 different pet types

3 x beast
3 x critter
4 x aquatic

Heres the setup how you kill them.
For the critters I use a tripple Kun-Lai runt team. You defeat all the pets with 3 clicks (on rampage)

For the aquatics you just take 2 crows and the brilliant Kaliri or swap in an anubisath idol for sandstorm (flyer attack)
Darkness / Nocturnal strike spam em down.. and execute the pet in the end with the Kaliri

For the beast just use Anubisath idol or a darkmoon tonk paired with 2x Mechanized bear cub... click demolish on all 3 pets with supercharge.

They are absolutely no challenge at all.

No-No is even the dumbest of them all.... he built a damm.... then dive... and get blocked by his own damm.. what a retard :D

Poutinette
MVP
Pet Score:4898
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Re: Ez-Mode Guide to defeat the Legendary pets

Post by Poutinette » March 6th, 2013, 10:04 am

For the beasts, I like to start with Tranquil Mechanical Yeti and use Call Lightning (25% more damage for mechanical abilities).

Use Metal Fist and when you are about to die, use Ion Cannon, it hit them like a truck.

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » March 6th, 2013, 10:35 am

I went % of health attack heavy.

Aquatics: Double fly for Glowing Toxin and Owl for Predatory Strike

Critter: Stunted Shardhorn and Clefthoof Runt for Trample and Harbringer of Flame for Impale

Beasts is where I get thrown off because I haven't seen a % of health attack among them yet. I've done pretty well with Build Turret spam from Clockwork Gnome and Supercharge and Screeching Gears from Personal World Destroyer. Turret Spam doesn't work against the Hedgehog in Dread, so I'm thinking I'm going to give the Call Lightning a try once I get a pet with it high enough level.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 6th, 2013, 2:15 pm

This is tongue in cheek, but I can make an even easier guide for these

Against Aquatics use any 3 flyers

Against Beasts use any 3 Mechs

Against Critters use any 3 Beasts

What about powerlevelling a lowbie? The Xp isnt worth it!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 6th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Stabya wrote:This is tongue in cheek, but I can make an even easier guide for these

Against Aquatics use any 3 flyers

Against Beasts use any 3 Mechs

Against Critters use any 3 Beasts

What about powerlevelling a lowbie? The Xp isnt worth it!
I'd have to second this. The XP isn't worth trying to utilize the Elite Battle Pets as leveling battles. And since there are just so many pets to battle for one quest, it's probably best to just power through them as quickly as possible.

Instead of all three flying types, I use the Jade Owl + 2 flying against the Aquatic pets. And for the Critters, I chose Humanoids with beast attacks.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 6th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Jade owl is pretty tough for aquatics. Also, don't forget about your sprite darter hatchling.

Curious Wulvar pup really tears apart the critters. I have him paired with a kun-lai runt & Flayer hatchling.

Ebbie
Pet Score:4510
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Ebbie » March 6th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Has no one but me seen the benefit in the Nether Faerie Dragon with Life Exchange (or any pet with the skill)? I have pretty much two teamed all the Legendarys.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » March 6th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Ebbie wrote:Has no one but me seen the benefit in the Nether Faerie Dragon with Life Exchange (or any pet with the skill)? I have pretty much two teamed all the Legendarys.
That's the advantage of the sprite darter hatchling as well.

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » March 6th, 2013, 11:54 pm

I concur that they are very very easy. Use "strong" abilities and even the worst of pets can eventually drudge through them, being 3vs1 and all. I didn't use any of the tactics with Pred Strike or Life Exchange/etc.

Aquatics:
I have no Flyers for Aquatics other than Moths and Glowfly, so every Aquatic I used those, and only once did I ever have to field the third pet (I had a string of really cruddy Slicing Winds that only hit once).

Critters:
The only mainstay pet I had with Beast attacks was Chrominus, so I took him for a few but he wasn't great..so my secret was Spiders, I had some lvl23-24 rare Spiders and Took Brittle Webbing+Swarming and it decimated all Critters. Usually Brittle Webbing+Swarm/swap/Swarm was enough to be 1-2 Bites from killing them.

Beasts:
Some of the comments said the beasts were a problem so actually thought they'd be a challenge but nope, I 2-petted every single one of them first try. Yeti uses Lightning Storm, then hits til he is about to die, then I use Ion Cannon and bring in Darkmoon Tonk and Shock and Awe them, for one of them I had follow the shock up with a Missile but thats it. I had a second Ion cannon ready for unfortunate misses.

Threnody
Pet Score:3078
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Threnody » March 7th, 2013, 5:53 am

Tahsfenz wrote:
Ebbie wrote:Has no one but me seen the benefit in the Nether Faerie Dragon with Life Exchange (or any pet with the skill)? I have pretty much two teamed all the Legendarys.
That's the advantage of the sprite darter hatchling as well.
I use Sprite Darter Hatchling as opener for all the Beasts of Fable. Makes the battles not so legendary. I have a feeling that a Life Exchange nerf is coming soon...

Yarl
Pet Score:5773
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Yarl » March 7th, 2013, 6:31 am

I use a Zandalari Kneebiter it's black claw plus hunting party makes short work of the critter ones, also smashes non critters too.

Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us

Post by Iconyx » March 7th, 2013, 12:36 pm

There's no need to have separate teams for each Legendary pet/type. All you need is one team with these three abilities:

- Sunlight or Illuminate
- Life Exchange
- Predatory Strike or Trample

Use them in this order, watch the health melt away.

RATIONALE: Sunny weather increases max health from ~4,000 to ~6,000. Life Exchange reduces health to ~2,000. Predatory Strike kills instantly if used at ~1,800 health, while trample hits for ~700.

EDIT: Darkmoon Hatchling has both Predatory Strike and Trample.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » March 7th, 2013, 4:45 pm

For the beasts, I use the Enchanted Broom, Mr. Wiggles and the Anodized Robo-Cub.
The Anodized Robo-Cub using Demolish coupled with Mr. Wiggles using his Uncanny Luck is a massive power attack against the beasts :shock:

Lilhottie
Pet Score:2252
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Lilhottie » March 11th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Iconyx wrote:There's no need to have separate teams for each Legendary pet/type. All you need is one team with these three abilities:

- Sunlight or Illuminate
- Life Exchange
- Predatory Strike or Trample

Use them in this order, watch the health melt away.

RATIONALE: Sunny weather increases max health from ~4,000 to ~6,000. Life Exchange reduces health to ~2,000. Predatory Strike kills instantly if used at ~1,800 health, while trample hits for ~700.

EDIT: Darkmoon Hatchling has both Predatory Strike and Trample.
I use a sinister squashling, and an S/S Nether Faerie Dragon in addition to the Darkmoon Hatchling. The fights are always less than 9 rounds.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » March 12th, 2013, 11:27 am

Quintessence wrote:
Stabya wrote:What about powerlevelling a lowbie? The Xp isnt worth it!
I'd have to second this. The XP isn't worth trying to utilize the Elite Battle Pets as leveling battles.
I've actually found them useful for 'topping off' my large stable of 24s (typically I won't waste Tamer XP on a 24). OK, you could just spend some time in VoEB doing this, but if you're doing the fables anyway, why not use them.

Bloodyfields
MVP
Pet Score:3152
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Bloodyfields » March 14th, 2013, 10:51 am

Aquatics:
Highland Turkey, any turkey will do. Food coma, slicing winds, squawk. Spam slicing winds until food coma off of CD rinse and repeat.
2 dragonbone hatchlings, slicing winds. I have yet to use the third DH. The turkey 1 pets most of the aquatics.

Beasts:
Cogsblade Raptor, spam 1 until it dies
Clockwork Gnome, Rocket attack, 2 round attack does massive damage even against Gorespine.
Anodized Robo Cub, some times need him to one shot Gorespine if Gnome doesn't finish him. The rest of the beasts are 2 pet at most.

Critters:
2 Kun Lai runts and a Flayer Youngling. Could do it with 1 runt and 1 flayer my flayer has yet to see any action.

These battles are total boredom, wouldn't even bother if it weren't for the pets. Gotta have em all. Even the pets are boring, 4 recolors of bears I already have. Srsly??? I would have worked my tail off for a pet like the Mushan Runt you have to battle in Valley of 4 Winds. I reconsidering the waste of time this has been to grind through every day. I could better spend the time gearing up to run the new dungeon for a chance at the pet drops.
So far in a week of doing this daily. Lots of the usual vendor trash and 2 stones, not a single Panda has dropped. I run the legendaries at the same time I do all my Panda dailies including the spirit tamers. In the same week time span I've gotten 6 stones and 2 of the spirit pets from the dailies. I also lvl up on average 2-3 pets doing the dailies each day. These are normally lvls 16-20.

Farming the new wild pets on Thunder Isle is by far the most interesting of all the new pet additions in 5.2.
Proudly serving as Guild Master of Magical Menagerie.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 18th, 2013, 4:43 am

Aquatics:
Effervescent Glowfly: Slicing Wind, Cocoon Strike, Glowing Toxin
and any random moths with Alpha Strike, Cocoon Strike and Moth Dust

Critters:
this is the most EZ mode... most of the time they are soloed by Zandalari Kneebiter:
Put up Black Claw, then Hunting Party and finish them off with Bloodfang.
S/S breed works best because with speed of 341 you are almost guaranteed to go first and Bloodfang hits for over 1600 (with beast racial) anyway. P/P would hit for 2000K but you would be most likely dead before you could use it.

Beasts:
Enchanted Broom with Batter, Sweep and Wind-Up
Mr. Wiggles for Uncanny Luck
Anubisath Idol finishes them of with up to 3x Demolish that hits for 890