Beasts of Fable: The Alternative Approach

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bandet
Pet Score:1957
Realm:Darkspear-us
Beasts of Fable: The Alternative Approach

Post by Bandet » March 12th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Roach
Survival Can buy time if you somehow get REALLY bad RNG..
Apocalypse This makes it work

Gregarious Grell
Burn Doesn't really matter
Phase Shift
Cauterize

Magical Crawdad
Snap Doesn't really matter....
Shell Shield or Renewing Mists (Depending on whether or not the enemy beast of fable has multiple-hit attacks)
Wish

Pretty obvious what the strategy is. Start with Roach and use Apocalypse and tank until it hits. As there is only one enemy pet with a huge HP, this makes it the easiest possible thing to do. Usually you won't even need both tank pets before it lands, but some of them hit hard and CAN kill your pets through tank, or get a lucky crit. Having two ensures success. I have never lost.

Gregarious Grell is a great tank because he is fast, so he can use Phase Shift BEFORE the attack on most of the BoF, resulting in avoiding two attacks instead of one. Cauterize is a great heal because it has an additional heal for half of the damage, which tends to be very high as a lot of the BoF creatures have high damage.

You won't be able to tank forever, but knowing the abilities they use and properly using your evasions and heals so they work at the best possible times greatly extends the lifespan, because all you need to do is buy time.

Also, Gregarious Grell is a humanoid, so every round that you don't use evasion or heal, make sure to attack. The damage you do is pointless, but it heals you for 58 because of the humanoid passive. This just makes him even more tanky.

I use the Magical Crawdad simply because he is the only other tanky pet I have at 25. Also, his Wish can be used to heal my Gregarious Grell.

You don't want to be too risky with your Roach, because if it dies before Apocalypse lands, it will miss, and make you lose. Adviseably just put it away at full health after you use Apocalypse to be safe. You can use Survival right after you use Apocalypse to buy two extra rounds if your tank pets are weaker, and then swap after Survivalwears off, but longer than that don't risk it. He is a critter and beasts will nom him.

So far I have the Red Panda, Sunfur Panda and Snowy Panda :D

Threnody
Pet Score:3078
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Re: Beasts of Fable: The Alternative Approach

Post by Threnody » March 13th, 2013, 1:32 pm

Yup, this Apocalypse-based strategy will definitely work. The problem is, it will take 15 turns :(

The Beasts of Fable battles are incredibly boring for most tamers I know, so 15 turns is just too long. Many have strategies that take 10 turns or less, like those based on Life Exchange and/or Predatory Strike or similar insta-kill moves.

Poutinette
MVP
Pet Score:4898
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Poutinette » March 13th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Does Apocalypse still miss half the time?

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » March 13th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Poutinette wrote:Does Apocalypse still miss half the time?
It misses if the pet that cast the spell dies before it goes off - reason it says keep the roach safe. lol

Tunack
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Tunack » March 14th, 2013, 10:34 am

I like this strategy - thanks. While 15 turns is a while, I don't have great pet combos for these - and an easy no fail system for when I'm tired will be great.

For the inexperienced this is an easy way yo get pandas, provided you know how to stay alive. Crabs with shell and heal are good and easy to tame at high level.

That said - Life Exchange - I gotta try that!! Thanks :)

Tunack
Realm:Bladefist-us

Post by Tunack » March 14th, 2013, 10:43 am

If you don't have a grell, corefire imp has cauterize, & they say he can do immolation & heal on back line while your other pet is out.

Easiest way, however, if you don't have such pets leveled up, is to tame a high lvl roach and 2 high level crabs. You'd be working this system in no time.

Celestya22
Top Rater
Pet Score:3256
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Celestya22 » March 15th, 2013, 11:10 am

This works great!
On beasts I've been using Grunty with the Grell. Between his shield and lift off, he lasts most of the fight. :D Plus the added mechanical damage is handy just in case. The only one I have trouble with is the one in SW Dread Wastes (sorry can't remember his name right now. The porcupine-beast). If he manages to get his bleed on the Roach in that first turn while I'm casting Apocalypse, he dies to the bleed damage while swapped out.
Think I'll see if I have any roaches with a higher hp build to level up.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 15th, 2013, 12:03 pm

I still think the best and fastest way to do these, is to Have an addon called Battle Pet Teams, create 3 teams for each pet type, and just get it done.

This way you never have to heal, Never have to plan what happens in round 15

Against Beasts - 3 Mechs

Against Aquatic - 3 flyers

Against Critters - 3 Beasts

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » March 15th, 2013, 4:40 pm

Stabya wrote:I still think the best and fastest way to do these, is to Have an addon called Battle Pet Teams, create 3 teams for each pet type, and just get it done.

This way you never have to heal, Never have to plan what happens in round 15

Against Beasts - 3 Mechs

Against Aquatic - 3 flyers

Against Critters - 3 Beasts
I originally had this but am now going with the one team fits all approach. Works pretty well for 8/10 (the healers can be a little tough.) I have enough bandages to last forever.

I do have all 4 Panda's and will drop doing these if I decide the stone/time ratio is no longer worth it (currently about 75% of the time I get a stone.)