Share pet collecting news and advice.
Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us
Comparison Tool?

Post by Violetfemme » March 12th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Has anyone seen a comparison tool for pet types on here or any other site? For instance, say I have a Flawless Aquatic Stone and I have upgraded the typical aquatic pets (the ones that ONLY come as uncommon) and I want to start upgrading my wild caught ones. Is there a tool somewhere that I can compare a level 25 rare bile toad with a 25 rare jungle darter (same breeds) and see the stats and move options side by side to determine which one to upgrade? I know that I can look at each one individually here and write down the stats, but I was looking for an easier way to determine upgrades. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, especially since I am almost at this point with aquatic upgrades! :)

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Re: Comparison Tool?

Post by GormanGhaste » March 13th, 2013, 8:11 am

You could have two WarcraftPets windows open, to look at them side-by-side.
Mingyao on Madoran

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » March 13th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Try the Addon "Battle Pet BreedID" (sorry this forum doesn't let me link it ...)

It lists the actual and every possible breed of any pet and lists its possible (rare) stats in a small window, even if the pet itself isn't yet rare - very effective and informative and even works in battles.

Edit damn, I can't post a link ... thanks ;)

Violetfemme
Top Rater
Pet Score:4120
BattleTag®:Violet#1301
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Violetfemme » March 20th, 2013, 9:46 am

Thanks for both suggestions. I had tried the side-by-side windows before and it got a bit too complicated. I'll try the add-on today and see if that is more of what I am looking for.

Edit: The add-on is close enough to what I was looking for! I can see by each pet's breed designation if it is worth upgrading. Then I can compare stats when I find 2 similar pets with the same breed.

Thanks again!