Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: New Carps

Post by Gwenolyn » March 10th, 2013, 10:48 pm

I've had about 2500 casts and caught 3 so far. Red is still eluding me. I went by El's suggestions. Since I only have red left, I'll fish spinefish pools. All 3 so far were from pools, one was an addon to another fish from my Ancient Pandaren Fishing Lure, so I guess that does help.

Edit: I cast over 13,000 for the turtle.

Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Basti » March 11th, 2013, 4:11 am

Unfortunately, they are not cageable. I am also trying to catch my first one. 700 casts and still no sign of the green carp. :(

Màndorla
Pet Score:2049
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Màndorla » March 11th, 2013, 4:50 am

It seems that the drop rate is better than 1 in 4000....but still not luck for me!

It is better to farm them on pools or on open water? Wich is the faster way?

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » March 11th, 2013, 9:59 am

Màndorla wrote:It is better to farm them on pools or on open water? Wich is the faster way?
I think pools. Ancient Pandaren Fishing Lure (or charm??) helps there, and El says the drop rate may be slightly higher from pools. And if you don't have any carp yet, you can fish in the spot of the day and have unlimited pools.

I got:

Blue: Crowded Redbelly in Townlong
White: Shrimp in Kun-lai
Green: Emp salmon in Vo4W

Working on Red now from Spinefish pools in Kun-lai.

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » March 11th, 2013, 10:12 am

just wondering... carps can be cagered?

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » March 11th, 2013, 10:13 am

I 'spose on the bright side Nat Pagle and I will be BFF's by the time I get all four carps :lol:

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » March 11th, 2013, 10:46 am

Bamboofarian wrote:just wondering... carps can be cagered?
Nope. If you want one, you've got to catch it yourself.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » March 11th, 2013, 10:59 am

Been diligently fishing the crowded pools since 5.2 launched..3 toons, every day...so over 300 per day..and not a carp yet (except those common golden ones,hehehe). I need to spend at least some of my finite WoW time doing something besides fishing. This is about to drive me back to Guild Wars. :(

Raptorbait

Post by Raptorbait » March 11th, 2013, 11:31 am

Wasted a good part of sunday fishing in the vale to no 'avale'...grr.

One thing I'm a lil bummed about...besides the lack of blue carp...is the hit my gold production is taking from the over abundance of fish in the AH :/

Raptorbait

Post by Raptorbait » March 11th, 2013, 11:38 am

GilroyKilroy wrote:I 'spose on the bright side Nat Pagle and I will be BFF's by the time I get all four carps :lol:

Awesome! :lol:

Basti
MVP

Post by Basti » March 11th, 2013, 12:39 pm

I am wondering why these carps are not cageable when the other rare drop pets can be traded. Blizzard should allow these pets to be traded or their drop rate increased.

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » March 11th, 2013, 1:27 pm

Ickypic wrote:...is the hit my gold production is taking from the over abundance of fish in the AH :/
Especially whatever is the Fish of the Day. We had Jade Lungfish pools for at least three days in a row, which just cratered the prices. I ended up converting most of my stacks into ironpaw tokens, then those into black pepper.

Cahlyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:11246
BattleTag®:Cahlyn#2230
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Cahlyn » March 11th, 2013, 1:35 pm

2000 casts and counting, just for the blue carp! And I don't even want them. I have to have them because they are there.
I am going to cry. I wonder if I can get an extension on my uni assignment because I have so much fishing to do :lol:

Màndorla
Pet Score:2049
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Màndorla » March 11th, 2013, 3:38 pm

I'm sorry, but what is "fishing of the day"?

I'm currently trying to farm the white carp from the Tiger Gurami pools near the Shandaren Monaster....still nothing though :(

Aingealwroth
Top Rater
Pet Score:2995
BattleTag®:AingealWroth#1206
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Aingealwroth » March 11th, 2013, 3:53 pm

No luck yet here on any Carps, have done only about 250 fish from pools so far (and about 20 crates), I've been using the Fish of the Day events to get me a lot of pools without much running about.

I actually got my Sea Turtle mount (Finally, right?) while trying for a Carp... I'm hoping this is RNG being funny, and not just a sign that all my luck for fishing has been used up this expansion.
Madoran (Horde-US): Eclectic, Tauren Guardian Druid.
Fenris (Horde-US) 'Main': Miach, Undead Holy/Shadow Priest.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » March 11th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Basti wrote:I am wondering why these carps are not cageable when the other rare drop pets can be traded. Blizzard should allow these pets to be traded or their drop rate increased.
In some ways I'm actually glad these aren't tradable. It's kind of nice to have pets I actually have to work for again. That said, I totally sympathize with and agree with people disliking the low drop chance. My magical crawdad took me a year to catch, so I know how frustrating low drop chances can be. (Muckbreath took me several years since I started farming for him long, long before the buff to the Crocs in the City bag)
Màndorla wrote:I'm sorry, but what is "fishing of the day"?

I'm currently trying to farm the white carp from the Tiger Gurami pools near the Shandaren Monaster....still nothing though :(
Fish of the Day is a special spot each day that has an abundance of extremely fast respawning pools of a particular kind of fish. Ben of the Booming Voice on the shore of the river east of Halfhill will tell you what the fish of the day is each day.
Image Image

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » March 11th, 2013, 6:51 pm

I've been so intent on getting my rep with the OCS so I could get the hatchlings to even think about most of the new pets. But I was doing an Angler quest and managed the fish up the Green with only a few casts. I'd give anything to be able to trade it for the white one. I do want them all but the white is my favorite.

Good luck to all my fellow pet collectors!

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » March 11th, 2013, 7:16 pm

On my server, Fish of the Day has been either Redbelly Mandarin in Townlong or Jade Lungfish in Jade Forest.
Nothing else has come up. I fish up the Pagle!Fish each day in places I know the carp have a chance to drop.

So far I've got two 600 fishers and a 580 fisher for my troubles. /sigh :cry:
ImageImage

Basti
MVP

Post by Basti » March 11th, 2013, 8:50 pm

1200 casts trying for the green carp and still no sign of it. 267 casts for the blue, 54 for the white. Over 1500 casts, no pet. I don't want to pay $15 a month just to fish. :lol: