My new Battle Pets blog

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Enzzo
Pet Score:6336
Realm:Executus-us
Re: My new Battle Pets blog

Post by Enzzo » February 15th, 2013, 9:53 am

Thanks :) I'm glad it's helping you. One more video to go, and I'll have videos for all the Pandaria tamers.

Makominami
Pet Score:1241
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Makominami » February 15th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Very nice blog

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » February 18th, 2013, 4:52 am

I've bookmarked your site and refer to it often - really nicely put together, so thanks for the effort you've put into this.

Anyway, as they say "many roads lead to Rome" and I'm curious what you think of my Nishi strategy.

I use a stoned sea pony to solo all of it, leaving two pets for speed levelling. Sea pony is slower than the flower, and uses Cleansing Rain to counter the sunshine effect, which also heals the team. Tidal Wave to take out the 2 backrow pets. By the time they're down, the flower usually has between 500 and 1000 life left, which Pump easily takes care of.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » February 18th, 2013, 6:46 am

Waflob wrote:I use a stoned sea pony to solo all of it, leaving two pets for speed levelling. Sea pony is slower than the flower, and uses Cleansing Rain to counter the sunshine effect, which also heals the team. Tidal Wave to take out the 2 backrow pets. By the time they're down, the flower usually has between 500 and 1000 life left, which Pump easily takes care of.
I use a similar strategy with my Purple Puffer, though I flat-out just pump everything to death, including the last guy.
However, over time, I've found it's less efficient to use Nishi as a double-leveler than to just use her as a normal single.
But that's just me.
ImageImage

Enzzo

Post by Enzzo » February 18th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Gendou wrote: I use a similar strategy with my Purple Puffer, though I flat-out just pump everything to death, including the last guy.
However, over time, I've found it's less efficient to use Nishi as a double-leveler than to just use her as a normal single.
But that's just me.
I agree. You don't juice out any extra experience that way; you just split the 4k-or-so among 2 pets instead of giving it to a single pet. However, if you prefer to split the experience, that's just great, especially if you're trying to get 2 pets that last level from 24 to 25. I tried this today, and each one gets about 1300 experience if you have your Safari Hat on.

But yeah, Nishi's a pretty easy tamer, so there are a lot of different ways to beat her. I wonder if they'll allow Siren to use Solar Beam in the upcoming patch? That'd make her a lot more challenging.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » March 5th, 2013, 10:23 am

Enzzo [url=http://warpets.info/post/44607748066/patch-5-2-drops-today]updated today[/url]:
Enzzo wrote:Patch 5.2 Drops Today
As I previously mentioned, Patch 5.2, which goes out on live servers today, brings some serious nerfs to Fluxfire Feline, and the Reflection->Deflection nerf impacts Flayer Youngling, another favorite of mine. However, between the time I wrote that and now, they also decided to nerf Anubisath Idol in the following way:
  • Anubisath Idol: Sandstorm and Deflection have swapped ability positions.
What does this mean for us? Unfortunately, now you can no longer have Sandstorm and Stoneskin at the same time. This will impact Anubisath’s usefulness somewhat, though it won’t be as devastating to him as the Wind-Up nerf will be to Fluxfire Feline. I believe Anubisath Idol will still be a very valuable pet; though he will probably no longer be able to solo any high-end tamers.

Again, this bad news is tempered with a little bit of good news:
  • Master Trainers in Northrend, Cataclysm, and Courageous Yon will no longer field pets with higher than intended stats.
While Courageous Yon isn’t that much of a threat, this is great news, as it means that Major Payne will be less of a… well, major pain. In the rear. I’ll work on formulating a good strategy for him in the next few days.

Lil’ Ragnaros is also receiving a nerf in the form of a Conflagrate damage reduction:
  • Conflagrate’s base damage has been increased by 20% and its bonus damage has been reduced by 60%.
Keep in mind that the “bonus damage” was doubling the base damage. If my math is correct, this is something like a 30-40% nerf overall to the damage of Conflagrate (when the opponent is Burning).

I know a lot of tamers have been looking forward to this quality-of-life enhancement:
  • Battle Pet Bandages now stack to 25 and are Bind to Account.
Of course, the biggest news of the patch is the new quest and pets they’re adding:
  • A number of new pets can be found on the Isle of Lightning, including rare spawn drops, wild pets, and raid boss drops.
  • Elite Battle Pets have been added to the game world. These rare pets will spawn alone against an entire team. The Beasts of Fable taming quest will now become available from Gentle San or Sara Finkleswitch once Aki the Chosen has been defeated. Defeating all of the fabled beasts will award the new Red Panda pet, while completing the associated daily quest has a chance to award the rare brown, white, and orange variants.
I know I can’t wait to get out there and start collecting :) And I’ll post strategies for the new Elites as soon as I can!

Happy hunting!
ImageImage

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » March 5th, 2013, 11:02 am

Gendou wrote:
Enzzo wrote:
  • Conflagrate’s base damage has been increased by 20% and its bonus damage has been reduced by 60%.
Keep in mind that the “bonus damage” was doubling the base damage. If my math is correct, this is something like a 30-40% nerf overall to the damage of Conflagrate (when the opponent is Burning).
Conflagrate was 25 base damage plus 25 if burning, so it should now be 30 base plus 10 if burning.

Enzzo

Post by Enzzo » March 11th, 2013, 2:34 am

Thanks guys :) I just updated my Thundering strategy guide, and posted an updated video to go with it.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed about how little xp the Elite pets give. Also, surprised and disappointed they didn't fix Siren. Ah well, Nishi will still be easy I guess :)

Is anyone else having problems with Burning and Shu since the patch?