Bug-List for 5.2 & Pet Battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Elewis
MVP
Pet Score:7758
Realm:Dalaran-us
Re: Bug-List for 5.2 & Pet Battles

Post by Elewis » March 8th, 2013, 6:55 pm

Lilithesque wrote:It appears at 89 you stop getting XP for pet battling. I'm presuming this is a bug and it should be stopping at 90! Hopefully they'll hotfix it so that I can continue to lovingly frustrate my guildmates by ignoring questing in favour of pet battles :D
yes im having the same problem im like 80% into 89 and i really am so lazy i was hoping to get that last 4 bubbles pet battling

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » March 8th, 2013, 10:30 pm

Really frustrating bug this evening.

Finished almost all of the Beasts of Fable, then logged out to get some dinner.
Logged back in a short time later, and the quest was gone from my log.
When I went back to the quest giver, it was available.
I accepted it - and had to start over from the beginning.

It's not the fights that are difficult, it's all the damned flying about.

They really, really need to make the BoF more appealing - because right now they seem like a buggy, annoying mess. :x
ImageImage

Deanht
Top Rater
Pet Score:8163
Realm:Dentarg-us

Post by Deanht » March 9th, 2013, 12:29 am

Shell Shield - Even on low level pets that should only block 10-20 points of damage from each attack at most will Block every single attack from a level 25 Terrible Turnip, which normally does around 75 points of damage. This means they should each be doing around 55-65 points instead of being completely blocked everytime.

This can be very annoying more than anything because I use my Terrible Turnip ALL THE TIME for rare hunting low levels with Weakening Blows so I don't accidentially kill them. Just something I noticed with 5.2 patch and not before.

Thundr
Pet Score:2300
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Thundr » March 9th, 2013, 10:51 am

Can we add the Dragonkin Racial bug to the list? See [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3105[/url] for details.

Summary: The Dragonkin Racial buff won't refresh even when it is appropriate to do so. Most commonly seen when a killing blow is made to a target the round after dropping them below 25% health. This seems inadvertent since a killing blow made without the buff up (ie wait 1 turn to let it drop) gives you the buff. Current behavior makes the racial ability very weak.

Fenriz
Top Rater
Pet Score:7296
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Fenriz » March 9th, 2013, 3:02 pm

Jalad wrote:Edit: Nevermind, I tried switching up the order of my team (Kun-Lai Runt was first) and that seemed to do the trick.

Anyone else not getting credit for fighting some of the legendary pets? I have fought Ka'wi three times now, and it won't credit me. I do NOT want to abandon and fight them all over again for the day, he's my second to last :(
Yes, i have the same problem with Ti'un the Wanderer. And now is Saturday 3rd of March 21.00 CET

-edit-

I tried Ti'un the Wanderer again later, and this time it worked for me, i got credit for him.
Last edited by Fenriz on March 9th, 2013, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 9th, 2013, 6:06 pm

Siberian wrote:It wasn't supposed this patch to bring back the change of skins of some rare pets each time we summon them (such as the rare small frog)?
I heard somewhere the color change was removed in the patch 5.1 but would be back in the 5.2 and I was waiting for that x.x
The only two pets I know they were working to fix: Dragon Kite and Worg Pup. I don't own a Dragon Kite, so I can't say anything about that pet. Just tested the Worg Pup though, and it's a color-changer again. :)

Side note: I think Mumper mentioned that wild pets are not meant to be color-changers, so I wouldn't expect any of the new wild ones to switch skins each time they're summoned out.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » March 9th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Thundr wrote:Can we add the Dragonkin Racial bug to the list? See http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... f=3&t=3105 for details.

Summary: The Dragonkin Racial buff won't refresh even when it is appropriate to do so. Most commonly seen when a killing blow is made to a target the round after dropping them below 25% health. This seems inadvertent since a killing blow made without the buff up (ie wait 1 turn to let it drop) gives you the buff. Current behavior makes the racial ability very weak.
This is still working the exact same way it always has, it just lasts only one round instead of two now. The buff has never been able to refresh, no matter what the enemy pet's health was after a hit.

I've us the Emerald Whelpling quite often when leveling pets, so I'm quite familiar with how the buff used to work compared with how it works now. If could bring an opponent down from around 30% to 40% to dead with an attack, it would give me two buffed turns against the next opponent. No matter the health of the opponent after the second buffed attack, even if I killed it, the buff would fade away. Many times I would find the opponent pet at low health after these buffed attacks, and rather than just kill it, I would use Emerald Dream to heal up to near full, while assuring that I could kill the opponent with my next attack, giving me two more turns with the buff.

The only difference in the way the racial buff is behaving now, is it is only lasting one turn instead of two. Considering that the tooltip has always said "on the next round," I'm assuming that this ability is now working as it's supposed to.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » March 10th, 2013, 10:16 am

Siberian wrote:I've just commented about it because I've read in some fan-sites that some other rares (including a few frogs, snakes, ...) were color-changers, but that was actually a kind of a glitch so it was removed. Then was decided they would be color-changers again in the new patch.
They didn't say wild pets would be color-changers again, they said there would be New color-changers added, which hasn't come to pass. Maybe the Direhorn mini-pet was supposed to be a color-changer?
Mingyao on Madoran

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » March 10th, 2013, 1:20 pm

I thought they were supposed to nerf Obalis and Payne. They really look like they've been buffed instead. This is just ridiculous. :evil:

Polynices
Pet Score:4688
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Polynices » March 10th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Delinda wrote:I thought they were supposed to nerf Obalis and Payne.
I just gave up trying to use those two to level a lowbie and only kill them for the possibility of a pet stone. Much more relaxing that way, just bring 3 strong pets. Not trivial but much better.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » March 10th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Dragon Kite is, indeed, a colour changer again.
Delinda wrote:I thought they were supposed to nerf Obalis and Payne. They really look like they've been buffed instead. This is just ridiculous. :evil:
I'm a bit frustrated at these two, as well. I've been sticking to the "use molten hatchling to slowly kill the back line pets then a mech to nuke Grizzle" strat for Payne. Recently switched to a P/P jade ooze/ P/P emerald proto whelp combo for Obalis. So far it's the best team I've tried against him.
Image Image

Misterphil
Pet Score:5739
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Misterphil » March 10th, 2013, 6:57 pm

Pets loosing health when you abandon a battle.

I was farming for a rare this morning, and on finding one, discovered that my pets were all on around 20% health - I'd just used a bandage on them after a fight, so when I started the process they were on full.
Going back and checking it seems that they loose health steadily for each battle abandoned. I don't recall this being in place pre patch, and a quick google turned up no references to it.

Syrrie
MVP

Post by Syrrie » March 10th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Misterphil wrote:Pets loosing health when you abandon a battle.

I was farming for a rare this morning, and on finding one, discovered that my pets were all on around 20% health - I'd just used a bandage on them after a fight, so when I started the process they were on full.
Going back and checking it seems that they loose health steadily for each battle abandoned. I don't recall this being in place pre patch, and a quick google turned up no references to it.
This is an intended feature in 5.2. Each time you forfeit a wild battle your team takes damage.
Image Image

Zariya
Top Rater
Pet Score:13396
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Zariya » March 10th, 2013, 9:10 pm

This was in the patch notes... your team loses 10% of its health every time you forfeit a battle. Makes me go through my mounds of bandages a little more quickly! :shock:

Krystiani
Top Rater
Pet Score:3168
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Krystiani » March 12th, 2013, 9:33 am

Not battle related but my pet journal will not list my pets by level, even though that is the one that is checked
they are all mixed up :|

Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Formerruling » March 12th, 2013, 10:06 am

Zariya wrote:
This was in the patch notes... your team loses 10% of its health every time you forfeit a battle. Makes me go through my mounds of bandages a little more quickly! :shock:
No need to use any bandages at all. Just use some random pets you never use in your team while you are searching (can even be some lvl1s), then when you find a rare, forfeit, switch to your real team, reengage since pets now respawn when you forfeit, and battle it as normal.

Syrrie
MVP

Post by Syrrie » March 12th, 2013, 10:10 am

Krystiani wrote:Not battle related but my pet journal will not list my pets by level, even though that is the one that is checked
they are all mixed up :|
Do you have any marked as favourites? I believe the journal always sorts favourites to the top, regardless of other sorting options marked. (I'm so obsessive about the sorting being done right that I've not marked any as favorites for this reason and instead just filled up two or three extra action bars in my UI with pets I like to summon occasionally.)

Also, to the pets losing health via forfeit: Apparently they stop losing hp at something like 5hp left, so you can just keep forfeiting until you find the rare and when you do, forfeit, heal and re-engage. Basically the same strat as using a junk team and switching teams, but might be a bit easier for people without the PetBattleTeams add-on. :oops:
Image Image

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » March 12th, 2013, 1:26 pm

Just noticed my Gusting Grimoire has been hotfixed to rare quality in the past 40 mins or so.
- Taking your candles since 2005