Pet Suggestion Thread

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Pet Suggestion Thread

Post by Guest » April 17th, 2012, 10:36 pm

I just made a [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4488479266]Companion Pet suggestion thread on the Beta forums[/url]. Have a look, and if you have any ideas, post em! :)

If you're not in the beta, feel free to make a list here and I'll happily copy it into the thread. :P Let's give Blizzard some good feedback!

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Re: Pet Suggestion Thread

Post by Nursie » April 18th, 2012, 7:13 am

I'd like to see rare spawning wild battle pets inside instances, 1 in 10 to 1 in 50 chance of spawning depending on the instance and if it's a raid/heroic/normal dungeon. some suggestions:

*Lil Hogger pup(?) [Humanoid] - spawns behind hogger boss in stockades. 1 in 10 chance to spawn.
*Son of Supremus [Elemental] - spawns behind supremus in black temple raid. 1 in 20 chance to spawn.
*Offspring of Anzu [Flying] - Spawns in Sethekk Halls in the area where Anzu is summoned and on heroic only. 1 in 15 chance to spawn.
*Little Silithid Tank [Beast] - Spawns behind Buru in AQ20. 1 in 15 chance to spawn.
*Tiny armored Voidwalker [Magic] - Spawns around Pandemonius in Mana-Tombs. 1 in 30 chance to spawn.
*Little Flame Leviathan [Mechanical] - Spawns behind Flame Leviathan in Ulduar 1 in 20 chance to spawn.

One for each type of pet (10) seems like a good number of rare-spawn pets to start with. They should be spread out through all levels.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 18th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Evilgnomey wrote:I'd like to see rare spawning wild battle pets inside instances, 1 in 10 to 1 in 50 chance of spawning depending on the instance and if it's a raid/heroic/normal dungeon. some suggestions:

*Lil Hogger pup(?) [Humanoid] - spawns behind hogger boss in stockades. 1 in 10 chance to spawn.
*Son of Supremus [Elemental] - spawns behind supremus in black temple raid. 1 in 20 chance to spawn.
*Offspring of Anzu [Flying] - Spawns in Sethekk Halls in the area where Anzu is summoned and on heroic only. 1 in 15 chance to spawn.
*Little Silithid Tank [Beast] - Spawns behind Buru in AQ20. 1 in 15 chance to spawn.
*Tiny armored Voidwalker [Magic] - Spawns around Pandemonius in Mana-Tombs. 1 in 30 chance to spawn.
*Little Flame Leviathan [Mechanical] - Spawns behind Flame Leviathan in Ulduar 1 in 20 chance to spawn.

One for each type of pet (10) seems like a good number of rare-spawn pets to start with. They should be spread out through all levels.
Personally, I wouldn't be for this. I'm not a big fan of involving raids/dungeons in pet collecting, at any level unless there's another source/option to get the pet. Not everyone has a guild or close friends they can fall back on to help them get through PVE content, so it would mean pugging for them. Would it then be a free-for-all and whoever "tags" it first gets to claim it? Or would it be based completely on RNG and out of the 10 chances, it happens to spawn, it goes to someone that doesn't even really want it? (I'm getting holiday loot bag flashbacks here)

Plus it just doesn't seem to fit well with the activity of pet collecting which is mainly an individualistic style of gameplay. That's just IMHO, though.

But I do like the idea of little mini boss pets!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 18th, 2012, 6:10 pm

Some of those sound adorable, particularly Hogger Jr. But I have to agree with Quintessence, it seems problematic if you're trying to PuG. If it's just there and you don't get to roll for the chance to battle, I could see people trying to get to the pet before the fight is completely over. Or maybe you'd have to roll for the opportunity to battle it, but is a pet battle so quick it wouldn't slow down the group? I think an individual activity would work better. Maybe mini pet replica dungeons you stroll through alone, every mob a mini pet you can choose to battle or not with your pet team, ooow, the cute! The cute!
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » April 19th, 2012, 3:07 am

point taken. I would say that Lil' Hogger could have 5 babies and Supremus wouldn't have any problem breaking off 10-25 pieces however I like the solo battle pet instance idea more.

Trash could be wild pets you can catch and bosses could be NPC trainers you have to defeat to proceed to the next area.
For example:

*Clear Trash to move onto boss room (possibly).
*You actually want to battle trash to level your pets and/or catch one of them.
*Reward room opens once final boss is defeated and has a chance to spawn a rare wild pet.

-Stockades- (pet battle instance)
Trash 1 - Stormwind Rats
Boss 1 - Randolph Moloch, uses Rat pets: Stormwind Rat (x2), Whiskers the Rat.
Trash 2 - Tiny fire elementals.
Boss 2 - Lord Overheat, uses fire elemental pets: Tiny fire elemental, searing scorchling, core hound pup.
Trash 3 - Tiny Slag elementals.
Boss 3 - Hogger, uses creatures from elwynn forest: Rabbit, Black sheep, Lil' Hogger.
Reward room: Lil' Hogger

Dementron
Pet Score:9542
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Dementron » April 19th, 2012, 8:03 pm

Oh gods, the idea of minipet dungeons is just too cute for words...

And it would be hilarious watching regular bosses fight you with their adorable little pets, instead of attacking directly.

Or maybe not so little.
Illidan: You are not prepared... for Mini Supremus!
*Mini Supremus is about fifteen feet tall*
Me: Oh my...

Etusn

Post by Etusn » April 20th, 2012, 10:52 pm

i just want a few lil' icc boss pets

marrowgar
rotface/festergut
stinky/precious

Kindredcreature

Post by Kindredcreature » April 21st, 2012, 12:37 am

I dont have a beta account so im not allowed to post.

THE crow, maybe named Eric?
that thought today got me to sign up to warcraftpets.com and get back to pet collecting on my undead rogue and his jalopy-copter.
gonna have to catch em all i guess