anyone else notice this?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
anyone else notice this?

Post by Nursie » April 15th, 2012, 12:14 pm

Was looking at my pet journal today and noticed that now it seems like different family types are only good against one type and bad against one type, critters for example is only good against undead types and bad against humanoid types. Makes things easier to balance but will it take away from the fun?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: anyone else notice this?

Post by Quintessence » April 15th, 2012, 1:14 pm

I think it might for some. Those that had their hearts set on an all of one type team (like a fire theme for example) would probably need to reconsider and choose a team that's more balanced for battling. I doubt Blizzard would make attack types work ONLY against one other type of pet, but I'm going to guess that to be the most effective, you'd want to have a healthy mix and match of spell types just in case you run into an unexpected pet in combat.

I'm curious to find out just how "good" and how "bad" each attack is when against the corresponding type. I mean... a critter attack can't be completely useless against a humanoid pet, or else that would mean boxing us into a very specific style of gameplay. Hmmm... more waiting and wondering for now. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Re: anyone else notice this?

Post by Nursie » April 15th, 2012, 9:56 pm

Quintessence wrote:I think it might for some. Those that had their hearts set on an all of one type team (like a fire theme for example) would probably need to reconsider and choose a team that's more balanced for battling. I doubt Blizzard would make attack types work ONLY against one other type of pet, but I'm going to guess that to be the most effective, you'd want to have a healthy mix and match of spell types just in case you run into an unexpected pet in combat.
my team has dragon, water and elemental types in it, you'll have to have a look yourself as I'm pretty sure this is just a change to the abilities themselves.