Qiraji Guardling breeds here

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Qiraji Guardling breeds here

Post by Luciandk » March 5th, 2013, 7:57 am

I suddenly realized that the addon Battle pet breed IDs shows the hithertho unknown max stats of the upcomming Qiraji Guardling pet.

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/guardlingbreeds.jpg/

I cant say its a terribly inspiring pet with those abilities imo.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: Qiraji Guardling breeds here

Post by Gendou » March 5th, 2013, 10:11 am

Luciandk wrote:Image
I cant say its a terribly inspiring pet with those abilities imo.
I don't know, the P/P looks like it might be fun.
At least the stats are better than the Harpy Youngling.
ImageImage

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12765
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 5th, 2013, 11:56 am

None of the Qiraji Guardling abilities really scream out to me I NEED TO GO FIRST. I'm think the P/P one would be best as well.

I see anther pet I could couple with my Anubisath Idol to make use of Sandstorm and Stoneskin combo.

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » March 5th, 2013, 12:44 pm

Yes, it was the abilities I were thinking about, not the stats. But yes, I agree, it could have potential together with the Anubisath idol to give it double defense again.

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » June 24th, 2013, 11:57 am

I can confirm S/S H/S and B/B - tryin to figure out which is best atm - leaning towards ditching one for P/P - anyone have valid argument for one breed combo being superior for this pet? I have had pretty good success with the H/S

update: after several pvp battles I can honestly say I dislike the S/S - I am sticking with the H/S for sure and the B/B for now but now am hunting for a P/P
Last edited by Guest on June 24th, 2013, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 24th, 2013, 1:44 pm

I think there was some [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4936]consensus in this thread[/url] that S/S might be the breed to go for?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kandystryper
MVP

Post by Kandystryper » June 24th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Quintessence wrote:I think there was some [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4936]consensus in this thread[/url] that S/S might be the breed to go for?
Actually the last post there has someone disliking the S/S as well - if that was the only one I had i would be disappointed in this pet, but the H/S at lvl 25 rare has been a great battler.

I used Crush, Hawkeye and Blackout Kick straight up with very good success with my H/S

I partner the H/S Qiraji with a S/S Mech Pandaren Dragonling (Breath, Decoy, Bombing Run) and H/S DMR Huge, Sharp Teeth, Dodge, Burrow

thnx for the other thread link btw :)

I was asked why I felt S/S wasn't very efficient for me and in the discussion it was pointed out that out of the 5 matches I tried, 3 opponents used speed reduction pets which is very interesting and would definitely alter my perception of this breed, so I will hold off on discounting this breed for now until I get more of a feel for the various combos.

Update:
so it seems the S/S is rendered very weak if going up against a speed hindering opponent thus further supporting my opinion that S/S is not ideal - I would value any arguments or valid reasons I have not considered regarding this so please feel free to contradict me :)
Last edited by Guest on June 24th, 2013, 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zohdee
Top Rater
Pet Score:3575
BattleTag®:Zohdee#1348
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by Zohdee » June 24th, 2013, 6:47 pm

I captured a poor P/S. Thank goodness I found one!

Luciandk

Post by Luciandk » June 24th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Took a gander by AQ 40. They must have been tired and unobservant at 2am, despite there being loads of people roaming there I found a single Guardling on the path up to AQ40. Turned out to be a P/P breed poor version. A definite upgrade to the P/B one I first had found.

Some speculation. Could a Guardling pair well with a Direhorn? The Direhorn gets extra defense from Sandstorm, and its Primal Cry would allow a P/P guardling to get off its Stun, despite not being a S/S breed.

Kandystryper
MVP

Post by Kandystryper » June 24th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Blizz did a hotfix earlier today and increased the spawn rate greatly ^.^ - wish they had a bit more foresight but better late than never ;)