Catching all those blues.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kithcanon
Pet Score:7324
Realm:Shattered Halls-us
Catching all those blues.

Post by Kithcanon » March 1st, 2013, 11:47 am

Since I've seen in the new 5.2 that forfeiting a battle match will cause some damage to the pet team I have bin trying to get a rare version of all the pets I can before the patch. I have spent hours and hours without finding a rare pet then I noticed something odd. While I am in Q in the dungeon finder I get a rare just as the Q popes so I have to abandon the Q or forfeit the pet battle. I thought this was a random thing that just happened but I can honestly sat that about 90% of the rares I have gotten since I stated last week I have had to abandon the Q I was in to get the rare. So I am just putting it out there and I am not sure if anyone is experiencing this or if its just me.

Cyberjus
Pet Score:3962
Realm:Sargeras-us

Re: Catching all those blues.

Post by Cyberjus » March 1st, 2013, 12:39 pm

I would say it is probably a coincidence. I bet you want to beileve there is a pattern so bad you are seeing it. :D

I farm rares while in the LFR queue all the time.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Re: Catching all those blues.

Post by Stabya » March 1st, 2013, 12:49 pm

Try this and see if it works.

Instead of Abandoning the Queue, accept the queue, and as soon as you are teleported to the Raid or Dungeon, teleport back out. Re-engage the pet and then teleport back to the instance.

I could swear i did that during raid finder, when I engaged a rare oily slimeling. I accepted the queue, then teleported back out and he was still there (and i nabbed him)