MIA: Track Battle Pets - Reward if found

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us
MIA: Track Battle Pets - Reward if found

Post by Imthedci » April 12th, 2012, 7:51 am

Am I looking in the wrong place or did they remove the ability to track battle pets with the new patch? :shock:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: MIA: Track Battle Pets - Reward if found

Post by Quintessence » April 12th, 2012, 10:35 am

Yes, they seem to have turned that off with the latest beta patch. Maybe they're fixing something and needed to temporarily remove it. Or perhaps they don't want us snooping around too much just yet? :P XD
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 12th, 2012, 11:36 am

Maybe they're going to implement a way to learn the spell rather than everyone just already having it?
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 12th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Lysi wrote:Maybe they're going to implement a way to learn the spell rather than everyone just already having it?
That seems fair, although I wonder how they plan on reintroducing the spell. I mean, it's not like fishing where you can fish up a "track fish" book and learn it. Unless, er, when you capture a wild pet it has a chance to drop a "track wild pets" book for you..? (I'm terrible at thinking outside the box XD )
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » April 12th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Quintessence wrote:
Lysi wrote:Maybe they're going to implement a way to learn the spell rather than everyone just already having it?
That seems fair, although I wonder how they plan on reintroducing the spell. I mean, it's not like fishing where you can fish up a "track fish" book and learn it. Unless, er, when you capture a wild pet it has a chance to drop a "track wild pets" book for you..? (I'm terrible at thinking outside the box XD )
let's try a small theory here:

the patch added a few new strings to the game... among them was this one: "ERR_PETBATTLE_NOT_A_TRAINER - Must be a battle pet trainer to pet-battle."

so in order to pet-battle you need to be a "battle pet trainer"... just having pets isn't enough...

I'd say track pets will come with whatever you have to do to become a battle pet trainer :3

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 12th, 2012, 4:39 pm

Yeah, that's what I was wondering, maybe pet battlemaster will be like a secondary profession. I wouldn't mind doing a quest or something to get that particular spell. Or maybe even a drop like Quint suggested, as long as it wasn't too rare.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » April 12th, 2012, 9:27 pm

I just hope that they put something in soon so we can get it back, because we still have Northrend and Pandaria to scan for the wee beasties... :|

Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Nursie » April 13th, 2012, 5:04 am

Imthedci wrote:I just hope that they put something in soon so we can get it back, because we still have Northrend and Pandaria to scan for the wee beasties... :|
and cataclysm zones :)

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » April 13th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Mortis_darkskull wrote:
Quintessence wrote:

the patch added a few new strings to the game... among them was this one: "ERR_PETBATTLE_NOT_A_TRAINER - Must be a battle pet trainer to pet-battle."

so in order to pet-battle you need to be a "battle pet trainer"... just having pets isn't enough...

I'd say track pets will come with whatever you have to do to become a battle pet trainer :3
Like go talk to an old engineer that has trouble remembering the names of people he's known for a while and being able to identify a person's gender?

Dementron
Pet Score:9542
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Dementron » April 14th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Ruzgork wrote:
Mortis_darkskull wrote: ((Too many nested quotes snip))

Like go talk to an old engineer that has trouble remembering the names of people he's known for a while and being able to identify a person's gender?
[url=http://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=0]Yes! This![/url]