New bug with Flayer Youngling vs. Farmer Nishi's Turnip

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Polynices
Pet Score:4688
Realm:Cenarius-us
New bug with Flayer Youngling vs. Farmer Nishi's Turnip

Post by Polynices » December 4th, 2012, 2:14 pm

At least I think it's new. Got it twice in a row just now and I've not seen it before. When using Reflection during Toothbreaker's Sons of the Root the battle suddenly ends with a "WARNING: Invalid auraInstanceID passed to FindObject: 0" error. Maybe it's a mod and maybe it's not new but I suspect it's something with the adjustments to pet battles that they've been making.

Anyone else see this?

EDIT: I Googled the error and there are posts on the official forums complaining about this exact circumstance. Guess we should just avoid that ability with that pet for now.

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Re: New bug with Flayer Youngling vs. Farmer Nishi's Turnip

Post by Imthedci » December 4th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Poor Flayer. He just wants some Sons of his own... 8-)

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 4th, 2012, 4:28 pm

There were definitely changes made to Reflection, it seems like most were to prevent it from copying abilities that didn't target the flayer. So it makes sense that the game would be checking on what ability you're trying to reflect, whereas before it didn't. Clearly it's not worked out 100% in any case.

Gilmar
Pet Score:3486
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Gilmar » February 24th, 2013, 5:52 pm

Anyone checked this on 5.2 PTR? It also happens with any "clear the field" abilities, like Enchanted Broom's Clean-Up, or Water Waveling's Tidal Wave, when used against Sons of the Root.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » February 26th, 2013, 1:57 pm

Another bug with Toothbreaker is any ability that removed created items from the battlefield. It'll kick you from battle with an error.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » February 27th, 2013, 1:47 pm

Best way to avoid this bug is Beat Nishi with a Waterbug, like you all should be doing :D

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » February 27th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Stabya wrote:Best way to avoid this bug is Beat Nishi with a Waterbug, like you all should be doing :D
Pump ftw.
ImageImage

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » February 27th, 2013, 3:32 pm

I use the Sea Pony but for the same reason, Pump is a great finisher. :)

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » February 28th, 2013, 4:09 am

Assuming Sons of the Root behave the same as Sons of the Flame, you don't really want to Reflect that ability. What happens is that both pets go underground and none take any damage. Better is to Kick him and Reflect that Seed I think

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 4th, 2013, 10:00 am

Deepfriedegg wrote:Assuming Sons of the Root behave the same as Sons of the Flame, you don't really want to Reflect that ability. What happens is that both pets go underground and none take any damage. Better is to Kick him and Reflect that Seed I think
Actually, when I reflect Sons of the Root my Flayer Youngling goes underground, creates a bunch of turnips and each of my turnips still do damage to Toothbreaker each round while I take no damage.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 4th, 2013, 4:36 pm

Talmar wrote:
Deepfriedegg wrote:Assuming Sons of the Root behave the same as Sons of the Flame, you don't really want to Reflect that ability. What happens is that both pets go underground and none take any damage. Better is to Kick him and Reflect that Seed I think
Actually, when I reflect Sons of the Root my Flayer Youngling goes underground, creates a bunch of turnips and each of my turnips still do damage to Toothbreaker each round while I take no damage.
Oops, I forgot in my case with Lil Rag I did it with Anub Idol and Sandstorm was up... Sorry for confusion

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » March 5th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Gendou wrote:
Stabya wrote:Best way to avoid this bug is Beat Nishi with a Waterbug, like you all should be doing :D
Pump ftw.
A good tactic if you just want a quick win, but for power levelling lower pets try using a Water Waveling. As long as you fight Siren first (which will be the majority of the time) he will just heal himself and occasionally cast sunlight. You can therefore just spam tidal wave until his back line pets eventually die, then finish him off with water jet. This allows you to power level almost any lowbie pet. As long as they can survive a couple of sunlights, you can just keep them back and swap them in for a single round so they get the credit for the fight. It's rather good xp on a low level; with safari hat a level 3-4 pet will ding to 12-13 from this fight alone. Critters are more survivable because of their resistance to sunlight, with the opposite being true for mechs. If you need a bit of extra survivability for the lowbie, try using a pet with a group heal in the third slot, such as a sheep or cricket.

This isn't my tip btw, I read it somewhere (probably on this site). Just thought I would add it here as I've found it a very handy way of levelling up pets.