Experimental, High Risk, High Reward

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Makominami
Pet Score:1241
Realm:Cenarius-us
Experimental, High Risk, High Reward

Post by Makominami » February 20th, 2013, 3:15 am

This team I have thought up is quite interesting, and if anyone has the correct numbers for abilities with the subtext " high chance to miss" I would like it please.

But in my blog I discuss uncanny luck from mr. wiggles and abilities with "high chance to miss" , as a High risk, high reward team.

http://makominamipbs.blogspot.com/2013/02/experimental-high-risk-high-reward.html

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Re: Experimental, High Risk, High Reward

Post by Deepfriedegg » February 20th, 2013, 9:51 am

Why not try Anodized Robo Cub breed 7 (H/P)?
It has Supercharge that will buff next attack by 125% in 5.2, and it has Demolish which will hit for 1390 Supercharged and 618 for second time. 1998 dmg in total.

Or [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet] (if you have an access to it):
Roll hits for 189, Cataclysm hits for 1272 and then Tail Sweep hits for 707.
2168 dmg dealt.

Or Stunted Yeti (only H/B available):
Haymaker hits for 733, you can use it 3 times for 2199 damage.

Or [pet]Clock'em[/pet] (if you are in Brawler´s guild)
Haymaker hits for 693, you can use it 3 times for 2079 damage. Clock´em is much faster than Stunted Yeti, though

Also Yellow Moth (P/P) would be nice:
Moth Balls (assuming 4 hit and 1 crits) deals 996 dmg (181 per hit), Moth Dust hits for 542 and then Moth Balls hit for another 996 . That deals up to 2534 damage and almost always will attack first.

------

Your Ashstone Coree could only do 1260 + 280 = 1540 by Crystal Overloaded Instability and then 280 with Burn/Feedback and is not fast enough to have *guaranteed* turn advantage.

And while Imperial Silkworm may have some heals, it is too weak and will dish out only up to 1540 dmg, assuming it goes Moth Balls - Moth Dust - Moth Balls and 8 balls hit.
On the other hand its advantage of being critter is not that only few used abilities are beast type but in fact that it takes less damage from elemental abilities, which are very, very widely used.

------

Anyway, this seems to be a legit strategy, at least on paper :)
Good job
Last edited by Deepfriedegg on February 21st, 2013, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » February 20th, 2013, 11:59 am

'High chance to miss' means 50% miss chance. In practice this is 55% due to the inherent 5% miss for all abilities (and modified further by buffs/debuffs -- so it's 65% miss chance under Sandstorm, 5% miss chance under Uncanny Luck).

You can find the [url=http://www.wowdb.com/pet-abilities]accuracy of moves on wowdb[/url].

Makominami

Post by Makominami » February 20th, 2013, 1:29 pm

Deepfriedegg wrote:Why not try Anodized Robo Cub breed 7 (H/P)?
It has Supercharge that will buff next attack by 125% in 5.2, and it has Demolish which will hit for 1390 Supercharged and 618 for second time. 1998 dmg in total.

Or [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet] (if you have an access to it):
2168 dmg dealt.

Or Stunted Yeti (only H/B available):
Haymaker hits for 733, you can use it 3 times for 2199 damage.

Or [pet]Clock'em[/pet] (if you are in Brawler´s guild)
Haymaker hits for 693, you can use it 3 times for 2079 damage. Clock´em is much faster than Stunted Yeti, though

Also Yellow Moth (S/S) would be nice:
Moth Balls (assuming 4 of them hit) deals 724 dmg (181 per hit), Moth Dust hits for 542 and then Moth Balls hit for another 724. That deals up to 1990 damage and almost always will attack first.

------

Your Ashstone Coree could only do 1260 + 280 = 1540 by Crystal Overloaded Instability and then 280 with Burn/Feedback and is not fast enough to have *guaranteed* turn advantage.

And while Imperial Silkworm may have some heals, it is too weak and will dish out only up to 1540 dmg, assuming it goes Moth Balls - Moth Dust - Moth Balls and 8 balls hit.
On the other hand its advantage of being critter is not that only few used abilities are beast type but in fact that it takes less damage from elemental abilities, which are very, very widely used.

------

Anyway, this seems to be a legit strategy, at least on paper :)
Good job
Thank you , I did consider robo cub , but did not include him because for the fact you stated in your post; Elemental abilities. I don't have access to deathwing =( The yeti is a good choice though since it would diversify the team

Thank you Poofah for the numbers; I took a guess from what I saw with the "high chance to miss" Glad to know I was close to the actual numbers

Deepfriedegg

Post by Deepfriedegg » February 21st, 2013, 7:42 am

I have edited numbers for Yellow moth seeing as Moth Balls have 100% hit chance and not only 75%, and also I obviously meant P/P breed, here is no S/S breed for this pet.

He seems to be a beast. Each of the moth balls hits for 181 with almost *certain* one crit, that is 996 (!!!) damage. Then it obviously cannot use both Moth Balls and Moth Dust. Next move depends on how close the opponent is to death and if you go first (most likely you do, the opponent would need to have at least 325 speed and you would need to be below 50% HP).
If it has 450 HP left, you cannot kill it with Alpha Strike so you Cocoon Strike for 181 and dodge the next hit and next round you finish him off another barrage of Moth Dust. You are able to dish out 2400ish damage. This strategy is weak against dragonkin and pets with shield/ Sandstorm.

-----------------------

I have tried to level my Mr.Wiggles yesterday so that he would cast Uncanny luck for Anubisath Idol 2/1/2 and it worked great. Demolish hits for 592, often crits for 888 and crit on beasts is lethal in PvE: it deals 1332 dmg. Demolish is not on CD so you can spam it 3 times in a row. I found it better to get Rupture in for Sandstorm because once Uncanny Lucks falls off, Demolish has only 40% chance to hit during Sandstorm which in addition cuts off 74 dmg from it. Also Rupture deals more dmg than Sandstorm and has that nice chance to stun. It kind of changes Anubisath Idol´s role from tank to nuke but whatever :)

Also i had quite a success with it against epic tamers. I had Mr. Wiggles as a lowbie, Anubisath Idol and another lvl 23-24 pet that I wanted to level up. I havent lost a single battle (5 of them) and I havent adjust my setup for none of them.

I havent ried this strategy in PvP yet but so far it looks promising

Makominami

Post by Makominami » February 21st, 2013, 5:27 pm

Deepfriedegg wrote:I have edited numbers for Yellow moth seeing as Moth Balls have 100% hit chance and not only 75%, and also I obviously meant P/P breed, here is no S/S breed for this pet.

He seems to be a beast. Each of the moth balls hits for 181 with almost *certain* one crit, that is 996 (!!!) damage. Then it obviously cannot use both Moth Balls and Moth Dust. Next move depends on how close the opponent is to death and if you go first (most likely you do, the opponent would need to have at least 325 speed and you would need to be below 50% HP).
If it has 450 HP left, you cannot kill it with Alpha Strike so you Cocoon Strike for 181 and dodge the next hit and next round you finish him off another barrage of Moth Dust. You are able to dish out 2400ish damage. This strategy is weak against dragonkin and pets with shield/ Sandstorm.

-----------------------

I have tried to level my Mr.Wiggles yesterday so that he would cast Uncanny luck for Anubisath Idol 2/1/2 and it worked great. Demolish hits for 592, often crits for 888 and crit on beasts is lethal in PvE: it deals 1332 dmg. Demolish is not on CD so you can spam it 3 times in a row. I found it better to get Rupture in for Sandstorm because once Uncanny Lucks falls off, Demolish has only 40% chance to hit during Sandstorm which in addition cuts off 74 dmg from it. Also Rupture deals more dmg than Sandstorm and has that nice chance to stun. It kind of changes Anubisath Idol´s role from tank to nuke but whatever :)

Also i had quite a success with it against epic tamers. I had Mr. Wiggles as a lowbie, Anubisath Idol and another lvl 23-24 pet that I wanted to level up. I havent lost a single battle (5 of them) and I havent adjust my setup for none of them.

I havent ried this strategy in PvP yet but so far it looks promising
Glad it is working for you DFE, I haven't had time to play wow recently to do some more testing ^_^

Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us

Post by Iconyx » February 24th, 2013, 6:56 pm

Shhh, don't give the PvP community any more ideas. I want my Wiggles team to stay overpowered and un-counterable.

Lilhottie
Pet Score:2252
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Lilhottie » February 25th, 2013, 6:01 am

Deepfriedegg wrote: [pet]Lil' Deathwing[/pet] (if you have an access to it):
2168 dmg dealt.
seems like Cata, Roll, Cata delivers 2472 damage. Not quite yellow moth numbers, but very close.

Maliander
Pet Score:3413
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Maliander » February 25th, 2013, 11:05 am

I wonder if the increased chance to hit also works for the secondary effect (in your example: Anubisath Idol's Rupture. A nice 75% chance stun on your last Uncanny Luck round, possibly facilitating switching back to Mr. Wiggles to refresh the buff.

Deepfriedegg

Post by Deepfriedegg » February 27th, 2013, 11:52 am

So I have tried some PvP with Mr. Wiggles, Yellow Moth and Anubisath Idol (Demolish/Reflection/Rupture) and I seem to have following issues:

- 5th Moth Ball from the barrage seem to always miss :(
- Opposing team that has an ability that swaps your pets is not nice
- any Darkness team reduces chances to hit for Demolish and Moth Balls back to 50%...
- Sandstorm greatly diminishes usefulness of your Moth
- Shield-type abilities also works against the Moth but you can use your pets so that Idol is fighting the shielded pet whle Moth the unshielded, if possible.

Overall, even with Mr.Wiggles and Yellow Moth being Uncommon (i dont have the stones), my win/loss ratio was over 0.5 so the strategy is not bad. Can be better with Rare pets, sure.