Quality search filter

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Taytay
Quality search filter

Post by Taytay » February 24th, 2013, 5:58 am

In WoW, I'm an avid collector of rare and hard to find pets. Sites such as this are the bread and butter for that type of gameplay. I have Petopia for my hunter, and believe this one will serve for my companion collection. However in all of my browsing your site I have failed to find a way to filter my pet searches by quality. It would be nice to only browse the rare and epic pets I'm interested in, rather than being forced to scan through 100's of pets that are irrelevant to my needs. If I'm just looking in the wrong place for that type of filtering then I'd appreciated a little hint to point me in the right direction. If that type of filter isn't available then I'd recommend it for sure! :) Other than that, this is an amazing site! tons of detail, descriptions and helpful tips! Keep up the good work :)

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Quality search filter

Post by Breanni » February 24th, 2013, 7:46 am

Quality has come to mean two different things:

1) The quality of an item that teaches a pet.
2) The quality of a pet in terms of its battle stats.

The two are mutually exclusive. One has no bearing on the other.

As I recall, we used to have a way of filtering item quality. But when pet battles came along, it confused people. So we eliminated it in favor of the quality filter people wanted most -- filtering their own collected pets according to their battle prowess, which [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/]you can do here[/url].

One of the reasons why we never hear people asking to restore the item quality feature is because it really doesn't matter anymore. Item quality doesn't even match the battle stat quality. For example, all of the epic item quality pets do not yield epic battle stats. So not only is it confusing, but I think most people find it irrelevant to filter by item quality.

How do the rest of you guys feel about this?

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » February 24th, 2013, 7:55 am

Breanni wrote:How do the rest of you guys feel about this?
I completely agree. Item quality is utterly irrelevant at this point.
In fact, I wish Blizzard would fix it on their end - make the item quality the same as the pet quality.

It would save a lot of confusion with, "Oh, but Darkmoon Rabbit is epic." "No, it's rare."
ImageImage

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » February 24th, 2013, 8:37 am

My comment is slightly off-topic, as it has nothing to do with filtering. I'd like to see a section in the general info tab that states the battle quality of non-wild pets. I know this can be inferred by using the quality drop-down menu on the battle tab, but I'd like to see it listed more plainly. Perhaps instead of the "Wild Pet: No/Yes" section, we could have a "Pet Quality: Common/Uncommon/Rare/Wild" section.
Mingyao on Madoran