Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
Re: Minifernal

Post by Morlis » February 19th, 2013, 1:26 pm

I had several characters on various servers looking for this one, I got an uncommon one on my only sighting. I refuse to camp rare spawns for rare quality since the addition of the pet stones. I believe it's easier to get the stones an upgrade the rares than it is to upgrade by camping for the rare quality. So far I have done this for Minfernal and Scourged Whelpling. I may put a few more in that list depending on how frustrated I get camping blues. :P

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

TippyKitt
Pet Score:2789
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by TippyKitt » February 20th, 2013, 12:01 pm

Maybe I should have vented my frustration about this earlier.....*small voice* just found one. :shock:

I dont know if any of this had anything to do with it but if it could help someone else then its worth it. I was on the Oceanic server Caelestrasz with a cow DK and I just sat killing the rat in the very center of the craters (look for a small tree with a mushroom right at the base) while playing pokemon (admit it. every pet collector is a closet pokemon addict :D ) and suddenly a paw pops up a few feet away. I hover over thinking "its just gona be a rat" and had a heart attack when it was, in fact, this little bugger.

So I guess the best method is this: Complain really loudly someplace and then sit killing the center rat while doing something else irl and poof!

Good hunting all. Still hope that blizz fixes it. I still think its ridiculous.

Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us

Post by Iconyx » February 24th, 2013, 6:42 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but capturing pets mid-flight between flight nodes (i.e. talk to Flight Masters) is possible, and it skips the CRZ nonsense.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62317#comments:id=1800184

Follow his instructions. It may take a few attempts, like he said, but it does seem to work. Additionally, follow the below instructions if you're having trouble with the Anodized Robo Cub:

1) Head to Nordrassil in Hyjal
2) Take the flight path to Everlook
3) Bind "Interact With Target" to any key of your choosing (Game Menu - Key Bindings - Targeting Functions subheading, scroll down about 1/3 of the way from the top)
4) Make the following macro and bind it to another key:

/target Anodized Robo Cub

5) As you approach Everlook, start spamming the target macro. When a Robo Cub is targeted, spam the Interact With Target key that you made.
6) Battle as you normally would and capture the pet you want.

BONUS ROUND: I fiddled around with this a little bit, but couldn't get it to work the way I wanted it to. Basically, any time you take a flight path between your realm and a CRZ, you'll remain in your realm until the flight ends. However, engaging in a pet battle mid-flight and waiting until you "land" (according to your toon's marker on the zone map) keeps you in flight limbo. When the pet battle is over, you will remain mounted on the flight master's mount, but you can control its movement! The range of movement is limited to a very small area - leave the area and you'll disconnect from the server. However, this window of movement - call it taxiing - allows you to capture pets not usually accessible due to CRZ, most notably the Anodized Robo Cubs near Everlook.

EDIT: This has already been mentioned by two other users, but their post count didn't permit adding links to their comments.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 24th, 2013, 9:43 pm

I think I'll be trying this in the morning /crossesfingers.

Nevesrepus
Pet Score:2618
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Nevesrepus » February 25th, 2013, 4:11 pm

I can confirm this does indeed work. You have to exit and re-enter the CRZ each attempt though. For Minfernal I alternated the flight paths from Hyjal to Wildheart Point to Ogrimmar and then reversed the path. May be looked at as slightly sketchy, but so it having to camp a spawn for days/weeks/months on end.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Post by Tahsfenz » February 25th, 2013, 5:20 pm

I was unsuccessful With both FPs, but I may try my alliance toon.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater

Post by Tahsfenz » March 3rd, 2013, 6:52 pm

My wife & I decided to finally make ravenholt DKs. We went to org, flew to felwood to put our toons there & called it a night. She logged on this morning and 1 was sitting there for here. I logged on about an hour and a half later & mine was sitting there. So releived.

Agavezul
Pet Score:4245
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Agavezul » March 3rd, 2013, 9:53 pm

Grats on the catch(es) Tahsfenz!

I made a DK on Venture Co only to find one on my regular server one morning about a month later. Did get a lot of other rare pets that are really hard to find on my CRZ cluster, so it wasn't a complete waste.