A Message for the Mods/Admins

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us
A Message for the Mods/Admins

Post by Iconyx » February 18th, 2013, 2:08 am

This website is astounding. It has search and filter functionality on par with everything you'd expect from a top-notch website, and an amazingly comprehensive database. The user base is just downright friendly, helpful, and full of good advice too (Quintessence, I'm looking at you), an unusual combination and something I consider to be very important for online communities to have. However, there are a few things I would like to suggest for future versions/updates to the website to make it even more ridiculously awesome than it already is:

1. Under the Battle Info tab for each individual pet, make it so that each ability updates its damage information in accordance with the adjustable level slide bar and rarity drop-down list (much like speed, power, and health already do)

2. Provide filters for pet stats (i.e. I want to search for a level 25 pet with a minimum of 300 Speed and 285 Power)

3. Include Bonestorm under the Team Damage filter

4. Provide tags for abilities so users can backtrack through the database and find other similar abilities (i.e. tags for Arcane Storm might be: Team Damage, Weather Effects, Bonus During Arcane Winds, etc. etc.)

Thank you for maintaining such a great resource for pet enthusiasts.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: A Message for the Mods/Admins

Post by Breanni » February 18th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Iconyx wrote:This website is astounding. It has search and filter functionality on par with everything you'd expect from a top-notch website, and an amazingly comprehensive database.
We aim to please. :-)
Iconyx wrote:1. Under the Battle Info tab for each individual pet, make it so that each ability updates its damage information in accordance with the adjustable level slide bar and rarity drop-down list (much like speed, power, and health already do)
Yep -- this is currently on our to-do list, though not for our next round of updates. There are still some kinks to work out, but we'd very much like to implement this.
Iconyx wrote:2. Provide filters for pet stats (i.e. I want to search for a level 25 pet with a minimum of 300 Speed and 285 Power)
We're currently working on a "Power Search" feature -- that would make a nice addition to it. We'll add it to the list.
Iconyx wrote:3. Include Bonestorm under the Team Damage filter
Done.
Iconyx wrote:4. Provide tags for abilities so users can backtrack through the database and find other similar abilities (i.e. tags for Arcane Storm might be: Team Damage, Weather Effects, Bonus During Arcane Winds, etc. etc.)
We already do this on the ability's page -- click Arcane Storm and take a look.

Is it tough to see because it's small and kinda tucked away under the ability? Or is it that you expected to find it elsewhere? Let us know -- we'll see what we can do to improve the visibility of these tags.

Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us

Post by Iconyx » February 18th, 2013, 6:14 pm

4. Provide tags for abilities so users can backtrack through the database and find other similar abilities (i.e. tags for Arcane Storm might be: Team Damage, Weather Effects, Bonus During Arcane Winds, etc. etc.)
We already do this on the ability's page -- click Arcane Storm and take a look.

Is it tough to see because it's small and kinda tucked away under the ability? Or is it that you expected to find it elsewhere? Let us know -- we'll see what we can do to improve the visibility of these tags.
Yikes, that's embarassing, you're right it's already a feature. I missed it completely due to the size.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » February 18th, 2013, 9:32 pm

Iconyx wrote:Yikes, that's embarassing, you're right it's already a feature. I missed it completely due to the size.
It is embarassing... for us! I'm sure you're not the only person who missed this feature due to a poor design decision on my part. But thanks to your input, I've updated the design. The tags are much more apparent now:

Click any of these to see: Bite | Claw | Surge of Power

Thanks for helping us make the site better for everyone. :-)