Suggestion - Pet Trading - Realms

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Paladiac
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Suggestion - Pet Trading - Realms

Post by Paladiac » April 5th, 2012, 9:34 am

With this new expansion, the explosion of pets and continuing TCG pets as well - would it be possible to suggest creating a sub-forum within the Pet Trading that would create threads by Realm?
I imagine that there will be lots of interest in obtaining and trading pets without having to use the AH, or posting in offical forums - and if there was one central place where trades could be made, and you only had to search within your own realm instead of opening various threads, or pages of threads even to locate (and potentially miss) many possibities, I think this would make it much easier for all.

As well, a rule perhaps that once your trade is completed, that the users should be encouraged to delete their comments, only so far as to keep the threads manageable, without the clutter of long ended trades.

Just a thought (at 8 in the morning and no coffee yet)

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: Suggestion - Pet Trading - Realms

Post by Lysi » April 5th, 2012, 12:55 pm

Just trying to figure out what you mean.. Currently the only trades allowed on the forum are in game, so it's all by realm. Here's Doobjanka trade posting rules -
Doobjanka wrote:Sometimes you find a rare pet and you want to make sure it goes to a good home. This is the forum for those kind of transactions. Keep them in in-game currency. Nothing against the Blizzard ToS.

Unfortunately, pets not allowed in here include TCG or Blizzard Store pets. Those posts will be deleted.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... hp?f=9&t=8

So I'd think whatever you're trying to set up it would be the trading forum, no need for a subforum. You're saying if someone has made a thread for your particular realm already, you should just post any trades for that realm in the same thread?

The trading card discussion we had concluded that selling the in game code for in game gold was not against the TOS, so that's still by realm. (If they did open up actually trading the cards at some point, they could make a subfolder for that. But I don't think that will happen.)
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Paladiac
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Paladiac » April 9th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Sorry, but you completely missed what I was asking/suggesting. Nothing at all to do with gold, money or whatnot.

In short, with the large amount of new pets coming out (primarily wild pets, but TCGs and whatnot else, assuming of course that the future of TCG pets will be similiar to mounts, where you can redeem it yourself, and you have the actual in-game pet - not a code or other such item), if people start a thread to trade a Wild ABC, do I need/want to have to open 15/50/1000 trade posts just to find one post that is the same realm as me.
If you have a Wild ABC to trade, I would like to be able to look on a sub-forum, (say named Feathermoon, as that is my realm), and that is basically the only sub-forum I would go to look for pet trading.
If I have pet Wild XYZ, I would want to find people to trade it to on my realm and vice versa.

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » April 9th, 2012, 6:18 pm

I think you can get much of the functionality you're asking for, simply by using the search function in the Pet Trading forum, and searching for your server name. The resulting posts are even organized by date automatically, although there are other sorting options available.
Mingyao on Madoran

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 9th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Paladiac wrote:Sorry, but you completely missed what I was asking/suggesting. Nothing at all to do with gold, money or whatnot.

In short, with the large amount of new pets coming out (primarily wild pets, but TCGs and whatnot else, assuming of course that the future of TCG pets will be similiar to mounts, where you can redeem it yourself, and you have the actual in-game pet - not a code or other such item), if people start a thread to trade a Wild ABC, do I need/want to have to open 15/50/1000 trade posts just to find one post that is the same realm as me.
If you have a Wild ABC to trade, I would like to be able to look on a sub-forum, (say named Feathermoon, as that is my realm), and that is basically the only sub-forum I would go to look for pet trading.
If I have pet Wild XYZ, I would want to find people to trade it to on my realm and vice versa.
Well that's why I wanted to clarify, lol. I didn't really miss your point, I was just saying it's all by realm. I didn't think you meant subforums just because there would be hundreds of them if you included every US, European and Oceanic realm, and I'm guessing the vast majority of the folders would have no posts. You'd have to page down through a lot of unused forums to get to your realm. Maybe the people who really hang out here could request a subforum for their particular realm added, but it seemed easier to me to just make a thread for your realm not a subforum. How to arrange trades is probably something to play by ear once they see how much the traffic increases here.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Aislinge
MVP
Pet Score:4299
BattleTag®:Aislinge#1549
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Aislinge » April 11th, 2012, 9:29 am

I think splitting them into US/Oceanic/EU/Latin America would be beneficial. Just from a browsing perspective.

My 2c :D

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » April 11th, 2012, 5:50 pm

You've all got some good ideas here.

We're going to be incorporating a lot of new MoP data into a redesigned version of WarcraftPets, hopefully in time for MoP's release. We're planning to expand the utility of the site in many ways, including those suggested in this thread. The goal will be to give you a web-based tool to easily find and list pets for trade on your realm.