Enzzo wrote:Patch 5.2 Drops Today
As I previously mentioned, Patch 5.2, which goes out on live servers today, brings some serious nerfs to Fluxfire Feline, and the Reflection->Deflection nerf impacts Flayer Youngling, another favorite of mine. However, between the time I wrote that and now, they also decided to nerf Anubisath Idol in the following way:
- Anubisath Idol: Sandstorm and Deflection have swapped ability positions.
What does this mean for us? Unfortunately, now you can no longer have Sandstorm and Stoneskin at the same time. This will impact Anubisath’s usefulness somewhat, though it won’t be as devastating to him as the Wind-Up nerf will be to Fluxfire Feline. I believe Anubisath Idol will still be a very valuable pet; though he will probably no longer be able to solo any high-end tamers.
Again, this bad news is tempered with a little bit of good news:
- Master Trainers in Northrend, Cataclysm, and Courageous Yon will no longer field pets with higher than intended stats.
While Courageous Yon isn’t that much of a threat, this is great news, as it means that Major Payne will be less of a… well, major pain. In the rear. I’ll work on formulating a good strategy for him in the next few days.
Lil’ Ragnaros is also receiving a nerf in the form of a Conflagrate damage reduction:
- Conflagrate’s base damage has been increased by 20% and its bonus damage has been reduced by 60%.
Keep in mind that the “bonus damage” was doubling the base damage. If my math is correct, this is something like a 30-40% nerf overall to the damage of Conflagrate (when the opponent is Burning).
I know a lot of tamers have been looking forward to this quality-of-life enhancement:
- Battle Pet Bandages now stack to 25 and are Bind to Account.
Of course, the biggest news of the patch is the new quest and pets they’re adding:
- A number of new pets can be found on the Isle of Lightning, including rare spawn drops, wild pets, and raid boss drops.
- Elite Battle Pets have been added to the game world. These rare pets will spawn alone against an entire team. The Beasts of Fable taming quest will now become available from Gentle San or Sara Finkleswitch once Aki the Chosen has been defeated. Defeating all of the fabled beasts will award the new Red Panda pet, while completing the associated daily quest has a chance to award the rare brown, white, and orange variants.
I know I can’t wait to get out there and start collecting
And I’ll post strategies for the new Elites as soon as I can!